Sleeping Positions

Reaction score
sleep-types.gif

What your sleeping position says about you ...

Foetus

Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Log

Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.

Yearner

People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Soldier

Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.

Freefall

Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.

Starfish

Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.

The remainder of those in the poll said the position they fell asleep varied or did not know.

Professor Idzikowski also examined the effect of various sleeping positions on health. He concluded that the freefall position was good for digestion, while the starfish and soldier positions were more likely to lead to snoring and a bad night's sleep.

Professor Idzikowski said "Lying down flat means that stomach contents can more readily be worked back up into the mouth, while those who lie on their back may end up snoring and breathing less well during the night. "Both these postures may not necessarily awaken the sleeper but could cause a less refreshing night's sleep."

The research also found that most people are unlikely to change their sleeping position. Just 5% said they sleep in a different position every night.

foetus, soldier, or starfish...

the starfish one usual results in me dealing with paralyzed arms when I wake up. It happened once when I was suddenly woken by a repair main. I couldn't move my arms at all so to let him in I had to swing one arm to the door handle and carefully open it.

I don't think he thought I was normal.

I usually sleep in the Foetus. Or if I can't sleep - Starfish or Freefaller.

I sleep in the Foetus, my cat usually curls up against my chest.

what's it called when you fall asleep with your penis inside of a vagina?

stinkdink?

freefall.
But sometimes with arms at my sides. What the hell does that mean?

What does it mean when you crawl under your bed and curl up into a ball and cry and scream like a little girl until you fall asleep?

Has a tendency to be a Suicidal Japanese Pilot.

looks to be a mix of all of them rizzo

About an equal mix between Freefall, Fetus, and Starfish (with my head to the side to prevent snoring). For the first 19 years of my life I couldn't sleep in any position other than Freefall, which I think has caused my nasal septum to deviate... And whenever I tried to sleep in the Fetus position I ended up cutting off circulation to one of my arms. When I'd wake up, I'd roll over, feel or see an arm that I couldn't feel was mine, and flip the **** out until I realised what had happened.

But now I've learned where to place my arms. Good times.

this is generally how i sleep

370241492_b6c8aed8c5_o.jpg

or on sundays

1957_funny_sleep.jpg

I think everyone has slept all of those. I prefer on my side with one arm tucked under my body and just this last night I slept in about 4 or 5 of those positions. I also woke up today and because I slept on my stomach for a little bit my arm fell asleep

20 minutes before that picture was taken i suspect there was some meatspin

Why the **** does not a single one of those have an arm tucked beneath the head, beneath a pillow? That's the way I sleep! On my side, with an arm like that. My other arm is typically bent up in the same way almost, just not beneath anything. Usually grasping a bunched up bit of blanket or another pillow.

Why the **** does not a single one of those have an arm tucked beneath the head, beneath a pillow? That's the way I sleep! On my side, with an arm like that. My other arm is typically bent up in the same way almost, just not beneath anything. Usually grasping a bunched up bit of blanket or another pillow.

mutant...you don't deserve to sleep :sniper:

please edit that post and include one of her without pants.

that is all.

i sleep like a raziaar tbh. except not with my arm all the way under the pillow.

sleepingpositions.jpg

sleeping%2B(1).jpg

Frankly you might as well read the horoscopes if you believe all that balony. I pretty much sleep through all of those states (including the Raz), save perhaps freefall as I'm not into asphyxiation.

Log and yearner look so unnatural to me. The Raz is the most natural of all, because I do it of course.

When I need to get extra warm, I will do the Foetus occasionally but I still keep my arm tucked beneath my head and pillow(I have two pillows, arm sandwiched between them). So it simply requires a shift in my other leg.

Never EVER sleep in the "freefaller" position. You will have a neck cramp the entire next day.

Back