So I Got Done For Speeding...

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
Wahay!

My speeding virginity is broken at last.

Bit pissed off about it, mainly at myself considering the situation when I was caught. I was caught doing 64.3mph in a 50mph zone at 5:50am on the A303 (anyone who lives in Devon in the UK will know how many cameras there are on that damn road). I was my way to a paintball leg for the weekend.

Luckily as that's under (just) 15mph over the speed limit of the camera, I only get a £60 fine and 3 points, as opposed to a summoning or speed limit lessons or a few hundred £s and a ban.

Naturally the road was pretty much empty the whole way, seeing as it was so early. But I got some twat in a van (of course) on my ass for about 20 minutes, who wouldn't overtake me and was sat as close as possible to me, just pissing me off.

I'm a pretty courteous and careful driver (5 years no claims, clean license), but he was annoying me, so I saw the straight materialize infront of me through the slight mist as we came round a corner, and I put my foot down to get away from him, looking in my rearview mirror as I did. Look forward and see the lines on the ground, slam the brakes, saw the flash, wanted to kill myself for the rest of the 2.5 hour drive left. My ***king Sat Nav hasnt been updated since I got it, the camera is fairly new (apparently) so it didnt beep at me like a madman. Great.

Now I got done on the 21/08, and sent my license, paper license and form that you fill in saying whether or not it was you etc etc on the 27/08. Its now 07/09, and Ive not heard or recieved anything from the Camera Processing Unit, or the DVLA. I know that the CPU sends off your details to the DVLA, but Im wondering;

How long does it usually take to process? Im gonna give them a call tomorrow to make sure they recieved my letter, which I posted with a receipt so I have proof from the Post Office, and that everything is fine their end, because if they havent recieved anything in 28 days you get summoned, fined more and naughty points on your license.

Ive read a few horror stories of it taking 8 months in a few cases to get your license back. Its not a worry really, more of an inconvenience as it's a great way to prove your ID without using your passport. If a situation arrises on the roads where you need your license to, say, show the police, obviously they have records and such that can tell them all they need to know with just my name and my address, DOB etc.

When the hell am I going to get my license(s) back. They havent issued any fine yet according to my bank account.

Sounds like it was a woman's fault. ****ing women. Too busy trying to eat ice-cream and watch Four Weddings and a Funeral to drive properly.

That sucks dude, I got my first ticket this Saturday too. It was actually scary as shit since I had a couple of drinks beforehand. I was going atleast 65 in a 40mph zone but when he clocked me he did it at 53MPH. On top of that my windshield was cracked and I didn't know where I put my insurance and registration.

He called 2 more cops after he pulled me over and they gave me a sobriety test. I guess I passed since they let me go. He only gave me a ticket for going 1-10MPH over and ignored my windshield and my lack of insurance and registration. I got lucky.

Sounds like it was a woman's fault. ****ing women. Too busy trying to eat ice-cream and watch Four Weddings and a Funeral to drive properly.

Why can't women drive?

Because there isn't a road between the bedroom and the kitchen!

Maybe you were too busy concentrating on how to put makeup on your penis.

I got caught by a camera before because there was road works being done on a portion of the main road so they decided to put up a temporary speed limit of 60km/h on the whole damn road (down from 100km/h) even on the bits where there was no work for a mile ahead and also put up some temporary cameras to go with it.

Wahay!

My speeding virginity is broken at last.

Bit pissed off about it, mainly at myself considering the situation when I was caught. I was caught doing 64.3mph in a 50mph zone at 5:50am on the A303 (anyone who lives in Devon in the UK will know how many cameras there are on that damn road). I was my way to a paintball leg for the weekend.

Is that the speed camera outside that relatively new Industrial Estate/Motorway services? That one almost gets me every single time I drive that bloody road.

My car failed its MOT last week.

Curseddrivers2.net

Havent been fined for speeding. The most I ever go is 10 kph over the limit, and thats normally to keep with the flow of traffic.

Ouch. You gotta love how they put the cameras in all the overtaking spots. It's an utter pisstake.

I got stopped on the M5 near Cullompton in May (you know how they hide up the slip road near jct 27? Well I forgot on that particular day) and they got me doing an average of 105mph. Fortunately I've heard absolutely nothing since, my cousin who's a traffic cop reckons the guy forgot to put the paperwork through.

Would have been a right bitch. Got all the way back from London without incident only to get stopped 10 miles outside Exeter. I like to use the old A30 when time permits, a relatively interesting road with very little traffic and no bacon. :D

My car failed its MOT last week.

Curseddrivers2.net

My car has a fault hydraulic lifter. My cousin (Vaux Mechanic) doesn't know which one it is. The job will cost £950, and may not fix the problem. The car is only worth £1,400

Curseddrivers2.net

[Silver Lining]An excuse to get a brand new car. Woot[/Silver Lining]

They started putting speed and red light cameras in my city a couple years back. The funny thing is they were making so much money the state government wanted in on the cut. After many legal battles there are very few cameras left. I love politics.

I used to have to pass 15 of the bastards on my way to work back when I lived in London.

Pointless during the day as the traffic's barely moving anyway, or if it is then it's just dangerous because the traffic all travels at the same exact speed and consequently bunches up to the point where you're surrounded on all sides by vehicles inches away from the car (or worse, lorry) in front, no gaps on either side and you have no escape route whatsoever. If someone else wants to have an accident, you're sure as hell going down with them.

Absurd at night because there's nobody around and you have to crawl around doing 40mph on near-motorway standard roads that can easily support 100. Drift off to sleep and hit the central reservation anybody?

On rural roads like down here the sheer concept is utter nonsense because people simply don't have accidents on straight bits of road, no matter how much they like to twist the throttle. They have the accidents failing to negotiate bends well below the speed limit.

It's modern western society in a nutshell, really. Aim everything at the lowest common denominator.

That sucks dude, I got my first ticket this Saturday too. It was actually scary as shit since I had a couple of drinks beforehand. I was going atleast 65 in a 40mph zone but when he clocked me he did it at 53MPH. On top of that my windshield was cracked and I didn't know where I put my insurance and registration.

He called 2 more cops after he pulled me over and they gave me a sobriety test. I guess I passed since they let me go. He only gave me a ticket for going 1-10MPH over and ignored my windshield and my lack of insurance and registration. I got lucky.

Hang on, were you over the limit?

What limit?

2wojb6g.jpg

That, and being sexy (sometimes).

Damn. They take your license for 15 over speeding ticket? :LOL:

What would they do if they caught you actually going fast? Execution?

I haven't had a ticket in many years. I don't speed any more, unless it's some kind of emergency. Then, I look down nervously at the speedometer, gripping the wheel tightly... I feel like a race car driver, and I'm doing 3 MPH over.

I was jailed 13 times or so for driving infractions. Had about 30 tickets, growing up. Haven't had one in about 7 years. I'm ****ing paranoid now. I've had 'em nab me pulling out of my own street, even. I try not to even drive at night, or on weekends, n shit.

I was stopped for speeding once, but let off with a warning. Haven't had any police encounters besides that.

I bet the cop just wanted a look at my handsome face.

Protip: I noticed that if you wear a baseball cap in a car, it gets police attention. So, if you really must wear one, you better have your shit in order.

I don't even have a license they can take away! I always drink and drive over. It's foolproof, genius even.

Protip: I noticed that if you wear a baseball cap in a car, it gets police attention. So, if you really must wear one, you better have your shit in order.

Only bad drivers wear hats behind the wheel.

I have no limit / rimshot

I don't drive drunk. But I was probably borderline .08. But the .08 limit is bullshit anyway.

Nice to see that your not only putting yourself in danger but other road users as well. You're the man. Whether you think your drunk or not isn't the point. Limits are there for a reason.

353998356830b736d58ao.jpg

First rule of speeding is don't get ****ing caught!

edit: Also, what Repiv said.

Nice to see that your not only putting yourself in danger but other road users as well. You're the man. Whether you think your drunk or not isn't the point. Limits are there for a reason.

"I don't drive drunk, BUT PRETTY DAMN CLOSE LOL"

Idiot.

Grow a pair loosers.

The idea some of you guys have that nobody ever drinks a couple beers before they get in a car is down right laughable. Grow the **** up.

Grow a pair loosers.

The idea some of you guys have that nobody ever drinks a couple beers before they get in a car is down right laughable. Grow the **** up.

I don't have any such idea. I know that lots of people drink and then drive. I think every single one of them is an idiot, and I'd say it to their face. Theres nothing worse than driving while intoxicated. Its one of them most selfish, idiotic things imaginable.

most of the people I know will have at most a beer/drink at dinner and then drive. I wouldnt say they're idiots. a single beer with food isnt going to impair anyone over 4 feet tall

I don't have any such idea. I know that lots of people drink and then drive. I think every single one of them is an idiot, and I'd say it to their face. Theres nothing worse than driving while intoxicated. Its one of them most selfish, idiotic things imaginable.

There are many things that are worse than driving while intoxicated, such as raping your grandmother (just one example of many).

And if we were talking about someone being intoxicated then driving your post would make sense, but since I (and most people I know) don't get intoxicated off 2 beers I have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Are you that much of a light weight that 2 beers intoxicates you? Then you probably shouldn't drive after 2 beers. Simple as that.

idiot

One beer isn't what I consider "a couple of beers." One beer might get the average guy to .03 bac, while three will put them over the legal limit. And .08 does have an influence on your thought process and behavior, so **** off if you drive like that, you don't have to be wasted to make a bad decision you wouldn't have otherwise.

You make bad decisions off .08? Maybe you shouldn't drink then.

the law doesnt care whether you're intoxicated or not (ok during sentencing it might come up) they just care whether you're over the legal limit ..and that varies per person. anyways why take the risk that you might blow over? if you think you might be near the legal limit then it's probably not a good idea to have a nother.

also pretty much everyone would blow over the legal limit after consuming 3 beers. doesnt matter in the least if you're intoxicated or not

One of the things I hate is the journey to Oxford. The route that must be taken has some stupid camera placement on hills and inclines, where you have to put your foot down to overtake vans and lorries because their going so slow you think their gonna go backwards into you.

We got ourselves an extremely steep and long incline where we live which is dual laned going up so you can overtake. Police like to put mobile cameras right at the very brow so you can be caught speeding when in fact your trying to overtake. So you have to get over the brow and slam your brakes on. And they say their reducing accidents.

most of the people I know will have at most a beer/drink at dinner and then drive. I wouldnt say they're idiots. a single beer with food isnt going to impair anyone over 4 feet tall
A single beer affects your reaction time and focus, even if it's not directly apparent. The 0.8 American limit is ridiculous.

the law doesnt care whether you're intoxicated or not (ok during sentencing it might come up) they just care whether you're over the legal limit ..and that varies per person. anyways why take the risk that you might blow over? if you think you might be near the legal limit then it's probably not a good idea to have a nother.

also pretty much everyone would blow over the legal limit after consuming 3 beers. doesnt matter in the least if you're intoxicated or not

I don't disagree with you at all. I'm saying the limit of .08 is bullshit because nobody should go to jail for driving after 2 or even 3 beers. People that speed in excess of 20-30MPH are more dangerous on the road than anyone that has a BAC of .08, yet they don't get taken to jail.

People that had a drink can get in to car accidents? Holy shit, you don't say. Looking at your chart more people get in accidents with no alcohol in their systems, that must mean having some alcohol in your system is safer if we don't put that chart of yours in to any kind of context.

Yes, at .08 you are "impared". Your reflex times will be lower but you will still be perfectly capable of driving a car and you certainly won't be making bad decisions as a result of that little alcohol in your system. Which is why many states have a legal limit of .1%.

So going back to my original statement that you called me an idiot for, .08 is a bullshit limit. 0.1 I think is a lot more reasonable.

Back