So its been 8~ years

ktimekiller

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I realized that I've been a member for 8 years already

Shit HL2 is getting old

Now it seems that for a lot of us, Half-Life 2 isn't why we are here - its just why we stumbled upon the place.

That said, compared to a lot of games these days HL2 is still great fun.

I don't know why I even still check these forums daily. I don't even play video games anymore, I hardly ever post, and the forums seem to have come to a crawl.

Me too.

But I still come here. I doubt that I'll quit in the forseeable future.

Even if everyone's gone, I'll still have a glimmer of hope that somebody might make a new post, make a new thread, and check it every day. I hope that one day HL2.net will be restored to its former glory, because seriously this is not how we are going down. I've put too much time in this place to see it die.

Twelve months from now, dozens check the forums daily.
No one posts?

Twelve months from now, dozens check the forums daily.
No one posts?

Nah, melodramatic threads like these happen every other two weeks.

qjGWO.gif

I still don't get the "forum is dead" posts. They've been happening for years and years, but I feel like the activity has remained fairly consistent, barring bursts occurring from new valve releases, and regular lulls due to societal trends getting in the way (school, etc). Still even during these lulls there's more than enough activity on the forums to keep me busy.

Soon Vegeta will lose interest in the website.

Soon Vegeta will loose interest in the website.
What makes you think I'll loose my interest on the forums? I'm keeping it locked up tight. There's no telling what would happen if I let it loose.

Soon Vegeta will loose interest in the website.

HA. I've been waiting all these years for you to write loose instead of lose, just so I can point it out and make you feel stupid, like you did to me all those years ago! STUPID STUPID STUPID YOU ARE STUPID.

Anyways, Vegeta already lost interest in the website. I just took over his account and have been pretending to be him.

EDIT: **** YOU VEGETA YOU STOLE MY THING. NOW I FEEL STUPID. **** YOU. NOW I'LL HAVE TO WAIT YEARS FOR ME TO STEAL YOUR THING AND MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID. I WISH I NEVER STOLE YOUR ACCOUNT AND BROKE MY MIND INTO SPLIT PERSONALITIES!

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

BARK: BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK. BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK !

I think people just need to stop lurking and post more.

Anyways, Vegeta already lost interest in the website. I just took over his account and have been pretending to be him.

Your false chin is really something. It fooled me the whole time.

HL2net has a life expectancy at least equivalent to that of Sterns... so we have another year or two :D

How about every time someone gets the idea to post a "oh noes HL2.net ain't what it used to be" thread, instead you post something interesting that we can talk about. Seriously. Just post something about what you saw on the news, something that happened where you live, about your job, about your love life, about a game you're interested or whatever TV show you're watching or any project you're working on. There isn't some magic life force that keeps forums alive. It's people making discussion topics.

Edit: I realise this thread wasn't posted as one of those, but it's where some people were going with it and those threads are annoyingly frequent (and people fail to notice that there's always certain lulls, like around school and college exams which a lot of us have right now).

It wasn't really a "HL2.net is degrading" or "HL2.net is dying" post

I was just thinking about how long I've been around, and how long its been since HL2 came out

The thought came up because on another forums, there is an ongoing debate of past forum elitism and current situation of new masses of new people

hl2.net veterans have never had any issues with new members. Not ever.
708.gif

7 years for me, original account was under the name of "Flynn".

What a waste of time, eff you all, I hope fire ants attack your balls and you die in a fire.

Your friend,

One Faggy HL2.net member

I still can't believe how old this site is. I also can't believe how many members are still here and have grown up. Incredible.

I haven't really played any video games since high school, and that was a long time ago. I eventually played through HL2 on my laptop about 4 years after it came out.

Eight years of mounting bitterness and loathing, all balled up and ready to burst like a prom night zit.

May god have mercy on your dicks. <3

EDIT: **** YOU VEGETA YOU STOLE MY THING. NOW I FEEL STUPID. **** YOU. NOW I'LL HAVE TO WAIT YEARS FOR ME TO STEAL YOUR THING AND MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID. I WISH I NEVER STOLE YOUR ACCOUNT AND BROKE MY MIND INTO SPLIT PERSONALITIES!

Can you imagine if they merged, though.

"I swear, officer, she was old enough in dog years!"

Back when I first joined I came here for the LOLs, but reddit and hacker news have occupied my time of late. These days I come back here whenever I feel "internet-homesick" or when I'm feeling shitty, which is every other month.

Also, I love when people ask a programming question and I can answer it, it tests what I know and validates my life in a weird way. :D

Apparently I joined in the dying years of Halflife2.net ... doesn't stop me loving this website and everyone in it (cliches ftw).

I don't doubt for a second that after Valve release something relating to Half-Life 3, this forum will go nuts.

Also, I miss Virus.

But the reason they haven't released anything called "Half-Life 3" is out of respect for our domain name, which will become outdated and trivialized. D:

But the reason they haven't released anything called "Half-Life 3" is out of respect for our domain name, which will become outdated and trivialized. D:

I guess they'll have to keep releasing episodes.... Oh wait

Yep. Valvebros got our back.
I hope they're parking on halflife3.net for us. Or they could call the game Half-Life 2 Episode 3: The Sequel... it might be cheaper that way.

I have no idea when the last time I posted on here was, but I visit pretty much daily.

Back