StarCraft II

I haven't been playing much 1v1 ladder, I only just now finished my placements today, but I tend to favor heavy marine in most situations.
4/1 or 5/1 is usually a pretty good ratio for just having an army. If you're dealing with lots of splash you'd want to have 2/1 cause marines can die pretty quick to that.

In team games when I random Terran I have been going with a 3 rax opening with a large reaper force and then transition into 2 or 3 more rax with reactors and pump massive amounts of marines and go tanks or vikings.

Large amount of reaper is only resource viable if you have amazing micro.

I'm nervous but I'm about to try some multiplayer with some friends. wish me luck because Terran is the only shit I know and this thank the gods is only a practice round

LOL it was 3 humans co-op vs 3 Computer AI on Easy. Really good way to learn the ropes online because it feels like a different game online. I think I'll turn down the effects a bit though just for the added frames though because during our Rush Mode I noticed a lot of skipping. It was so fast at the end their bases each fell in under 30 seconds a piece and it was glorious

When I did go MM, I went 1:1 because it's very macro efficient with upgrades. You can get two barracks with tech bays and one with a reactor and do shield/stim/concussion and finish infantry damage upgrade in time to have a nice attack. Be aware, however, if you're facing a Terran, in that amount of time, 90% of the time they will have walled with siege tanks and rape you on an attack.

My new tactic has been to go marauder heavy early on with concussion and stims. I tried it in 1v1 today in my placement matches and only lost one to a zerg I didn't scout properly and threw out some mutas at the last second to save his base.

Now I scout more effectively and, if I don't see banelings, I go mass marine (with at least shield upgrade) and that cleans up zerg fairly nicely. Marauders are helpful vs banelings because they don't get the light bonus damage and the slow will get some of them to die before they can get close.

I think against Terran 1v1 I'm going to go with more Reaper rushes just because of how much they set people back who aren't properly defended. It's tough to shift out of it though and they take so long to build. I've never tired to mass reapers but I imagine it would be a death wish 1v1 unless they just cannot catch you and you take out a ton of stuff. I mean 10ish reapers could really burn down a building. I haven't developed a lot of 1v1 strats though. I saw a Helion-Thor build I want to try vs zerg but it requires so much micro I'm not sure if I'd be too successful.

Getting better and better at the multiplayer. I won more matches than I lost last night. I still hover in the nether regions of the Bronze League though. How hard is it to promote to another league?

**** Reapers.

I honestly think Reapers need some serious nerfing. They could destroy your worker line ridiculously quickly, and they could easily kite zealots and zerglings. Not to mention, the 30 dmg to buildings is some bullcrap. 5 reapers is all it takes to destroy a pylon in less than 10 seconds.

The extra building damage should be an upgrade, and they need reduced speed.

My record is 40 wins 14 losses right now. I had two quick losses to freaking reapers. When I pumped out Stalkers to counter reapers, they pumped out marauders... Terran is still my weakest link. The M&M combo is annoying.

Tbh, Reapers are easily countered. The fastest time that a reaper can pop out is about 4min 20 seconds or so, and more so if they need to get to your base. Reapers need about 3 guys to be effective, so that gives you more time.

Just build a defensive structure right behind your minerals, after you've confirmed through some recon that they're going reapers.

Also, might be a good idea to go stalkers first instead of zealots.

**** Reapers.

I honestly think Reapers need some serious nerfing. They could destroy your worker line ridiculously quickly, and they could easily kite zealots and zerglings. Not to mention, the 30 dmg to buildings is some bullcrap. 5 reapers is all it takes to destroy a pylon in less than 10 seconds.

The extra building damage should be an upgrade, and they need reduced speed.

My record is 40 wins 14 losses right now. I had two quick losses to freaking reapers. When I pumped out Stalkers to counter reapers, they pumped out marauders... Terran is still my weakest link. The M&M combo is annoying.

As Protoss, you don't have any early units that easily counter reapers since 2 of them can be made by the time you start building a stalker pretty much. Best defense is a photon cannon. The cost of a photon cannon in the back is less than two reapers and it will continue to serve as defense for whatever tries to show up back there. Pretty much if you scout and see a barracks with a tech bay first, expect Reapers. If you're terran it's easy, just put units back there. If you're zerg, you already have units back there... but it's hard for zerglings to catch them.

My biggest problem right now is dealing with Siege tanks as Terran in 2v2. My team mate plays protoss mostly and I go Terran. Every single Terran we face builds assloads of siege tanks and a handful of marines and then just walk them up to our bases. If we try to counter with air, there's marines and the other person's anti-air, if we try to come at them straight on, we get crushed by the tanks, if I try to use tanks, They always seem to spot me before can get in siege range. It's getting annoying that no matter what we do, unless we can rush and win, we lose to siege tanks. If we get double Terran it's basically pointless to attempt a win....

I think next time we play Terran I'm just loading up marines and Siege tanks until my eyes bleed.

Terran vs Terran is boring as shit, it's been like that since SC1. It's going to always come down to a giant siege tank battle where you can't expect to charge a siege tank line and survive the encounter. It all boils down to productivity and vision... you need some kind of air unit that can see up ahead for your tanks.

In SC1, in the Asia server anyway, the main tactic was to bypass the tank lines with dropships and drop a few tanks on top of their lines. The counter to that tactic was basically goliaths, but since we don't have goliaths in SC2, people use marines.

Still, dropships are a good bet against that largely immobile, cumbersome tank line.

Tbh, Reapers are easily countered. The fastest time that a reaper can pop out is about 4min 20 seconds or so, and more so if they need to get to your base. Reapers need about 3 guys to be effective, so that gives you more time.

Just build a defensive structure right behind your minerals, after you've confirmed through some recon that they're going reapers.

Also, might be a good idea to go stalkers first instead of zealots.

The problem is if I go for defensive structures, I will go early forge. The Terran player could pump 3 reapers and the rest on M&M, whiles I will have to build a pylon and a cannon behind the mineral line for protection against the reapers. After the reaper attack, I could be very vulnerable to a front line M&M attack, since a large portion of my minerals were dedicated to a forge and cannon, which translates to 3 zealots.

I think I will go 1 gate 1 cyberbetics, then leave 2 stalkers around the probes.

Rizzo your a man after my own heart (as he said with his 'you gonna git raped avatar')

Terran vs Terran is boring as shit, it's been like that since SC1. It's going to always come down to a giant siege tank battle where you can't expect to charge a siege tank line and survive the encounter. It all boils down to productivity and vision... you need some kind of air unit that can see up ahead for your tanks.

In SC1, in the Asia server anyway, the main tactic was to bypass the tank lines with dropships and drop a few tanks on top of their lines. The counter to that tactic was basically goliaths, but since we don't have goliaths in SC2, people use marines.

Still, dropships are a good bet against that largely immobile, cumbersome tank line.

Dropships are great not only for the sight they provide by the manueverability they enhance, but marines just **** that up. Marines can burn down a dropship in no time... plus they take so much gas. Dropships are hard to manage too since they like to be dead and cost you a lot of units.

Edit: I guess they're called medivacs now but whatever...

Instead of the TvT focus being on the tanks and vikings, I'd prefer to see a shift towards bio and mobility. Quick drops, hits left and right.

Dropships are great not only for the sight they provide by the manueverability they enhance, but marines just **** that up. Marines can burn down a dropship in no time... plus they take so much gas. Dropships are hard to manage too since they like to be dead and cost you a lot of units.

Edit: I guess they're called medivacs now but whatever...

Yep marines **** them up.

So battles between TvT look more like goddamn WW1. A huge artillery battle.

@Shaker Yes, I suppose they could. Although Thors aren't as good AA units as Goliaths were...

I think it's time to work toward a Thor-Helion build.. the thing is killer vs zerg and I think it could be the ultimate siege-marine killer in TvT.

Yeeaah biatches!

25.jpg

This is some funny shit

Day 1
I just got spawned! There was another guy in my egg, though. Not too sure what to think about that. The creep looks pretty cool, I guess. My job is mostly running around the base. Nothing too awesome going on.

Day 2
A whole mess of Zerglings just got spawned recently. Met up with a whole platoon of them. There were so many I couldn't even remember all their names. Most of them are pretty cool, but some are suspicious as to what our purpose is going to be.

Day 3
The queen sent Zergling #21 to a 'watchtower'. Not entirely sure what his job is. According to other people, he just has to stand there all day. Sounds like he got the easy job!

Day 3.5
Zergling #21's corpse was found about 3 minutes after being deployed. He had 5 Gauss Rifle bullets in his chest.

The queen sent Zerglings #22-24 to go to the watchtower.

Day 4
There was much lament for Zergling #21. Some of my friends are saying that we're all in a suicide mission. I think they're wrong. We're soldiers, not expendable beasts.

Day 6
Day 5 was too hectic...there were six more funerals today. The queen declared she wanted some 'scouting information' and that they served their purpose. More skeptics are arising amongst us. Some zerglings are speaking of a revolt.

Day 7
We all got our wings today! Everyone's suspicions of a tyranny are being quelled by the minute. All the zerglings are much more pleased to be moving so much faster.

Day 8
Our entire army has recently received orders to rush into the enemies' base. Our primary objective is to attack SCVs and run around in circles behind other zerglings attacking SCVs.

Day 11
There was a wall.

There was a god damn wall.

We couldn't break through. No matter how many chewed at the supply depot, we couldn't get through the damned thing. We were forced to retreat, losing 7 more soldiers to a small marine force piled behind the depots. The queen had no comment on this matter. The standard funeral is now being postponed by the swarm for 'important measures'.

Day 15
Mutalisks have begun to be trained at the hatchery. Our queen says they will solve the problem that the wall is causing. I can only hope at this point. I've seen too much.

Day 16
We've gotten recent orders to back up the mutalisk force in our impending attack. Our main goal is still hazy to me, as the mutalisks should be doing most of the work...

Day 21
I've lost all faith in the swarm.

Have you ever seen the bits of your comrades fly past you by a single shot of a Crucio Shock Cannon? Have you ever been so close to the heat of an Hellion that it takes you a minute to realize that your best friend is burning alive? I was hearing every tendon snapping and sinew ripping of my fellow Zerglings. The distorted looks on their faces as they realize they've been hit directly in the skull by a sniper round.

I barely escaped. I should be dead; just like the rest of my platoon. It was only me and 6 others that got away. Over 38 died.

We weren't an army. We were a distraction. The mutalisks were in on it, too. They took out probably 10, maybe 20 SCVs. But how many soldiers was it worth? How much do we have to sacrifice to win this war?!

Day 23
We can see the Terran forces coming over the horizon. They are armed with 2 of those infernal tanks and 4 gigantic mechanical monstrosities I've never seen before. I can taste my death.

Day 34
The Terran are toying with us. The tanks lie just outside of our homeland supported by rotating missile turrets in every which way. We are being contained. Our supplies are running low, we will be out of minerals soon.

Day 47
We have lost all of our resources. An army of Hydralisks and Mutalisks stand before me and my 6 Zergling companions. Our final attack is near.

Day 48
The queen has ordered me to 'test the front'. Alone.

Diary of a Siege Tank

Day 48

Spilled some coffee on myself during an attack. My life sucks.

lol, that was a great read.

@Pitzy
I still don't get that screenshot. What is going on there?

That is a hero Dark Templar that just barely got away with his life after slaying 32 enemies.

I'd finally gotten it after a second studying. Wonder what the ranks are.

Never knew you could see the kill count. Just didn't notice before.

What the **** does "Free And Paid Character Name Changes" even mean?

It's free but costs you money?

I care not about this money costing name change. I pick my name, not "HUR I WANT THIS NAME NOW BUT SOMETHING ELSE LATER"

This is a further attempt to stop trolling, and I welcome it. *Yes, I know it's to make money too. But why the ****ing shit do you need to change your god damned name?*

Is there any point to ranks and unit levels?

The censure in starcraft is ****ing bullshit. It won't even write shit!

Also, since most of the times, Im not writing in english, and there are some swedish words that don't mean the same. For example I wrote:
Mina mineraler är slut. It means: My minerals are depleted. It censured "slut". So people where like "wha?" It made me lose the game probably.

You can turn off the censorship in the options.

The censure in starcraft is ****ing bullshit. It won't even write shit!

Also, since most of the times, Im not writing in english, and there are some swedish words that don't mean the same. For example I wrote:
Mina mineraler är slut. It means: My minerals are depleted. It censured "slut". So people where like "wha?" It made me lose the game probably.

You can turn off the censorship in the options.

Just reiterating that. Also, how does not being able you say you're outta shit lose a game for you? I think being out of minerals lost the game for you...

It's weird when people don't know what the KKK is...

I know what kkk is but I don't think it's worth filtering.
We use kkk a lot standing for "okayokayokay" in our country.
So in a game, whenever my teammate derived a tactic, my respone is often like okayokayokay but my teammates reads it as f--k. So inconvenience, so much misunderstanding. :x

I guess you could turn off the filter and there'd be convenience and understanding.

Back