Steam "Give & Get" Sale Begins

Combined Ops is Operation Arrowhead plus the original ArmA 2.

OA is an updated engine (though arma 2 continues to receive updates) and so when you run both games together, it's actually running OA with the arma 2 content as the 'expansion'.

Since CO is only $2.50 more than OA, there's no reason to not get it.

Anyway, it's got a number of things that you wouldn't find in other FPS games, especially with ACE mod running. You could call these realism features, but I like to think of them more as immersion features. The ability to be so in control of the game and feeling like you're operating in the same way a real life squad would is just exciting. Working together with your team mates isn't just a smart way to play, it's the only way to play. Only on rare occasions will someone be doing a 'lone wolf' role, we always operate with a team leader who is in charge of the overall tactics and battle plan. And keep in mind when I say "leader" "tactics" "battle plan" I'm not talking about some arbitrary game features, I'm talking about how we actually play the game; our communication via voice and needing someone to make the final decisions as to what we're going to do, lest we end up disorganized and confused.

I could really go on and on about it, but it essentially boils down to how much fun you can make the game for yourself. And if you play with us, I think you're in for an unforgettable gaming experience.

I'll probably be joining you guys in ARMA soon. Just going to get used to the game first, get used to the movement and all the keys and I'll come join you. :)

I have a UK based mumble server, should the one you use go down or fill up somehow.

Sounds like fun though :) Thinking of getting a TrackIR if I end up playing this a lot.

You don't really need to worry about getting accustomed to the game before playing with us (unless you want to), we're going to have a number of new players and we'll be doing our best to get them acquainted by actually playing with them.

I'll definitely do the boot camp first, but is going through the campaigns recommended or enjoyable?

1290815797691.png

I'm jelly.

Wow. You lucky sonuvabitch.

But no Portal 2? :O

>All those games suck

No, I'm not jelly.

And joule, hokey didn't win. Why would he be jealous of himself.

I wouldn't add Portal 2 anyways. That game doesn't release until next year.

1290815797691.png

I'm jelly.

Hmm, me thinks they're only picking people with a wishlist of currently released games.

Well, anyway. Congrats!

How's ARMA these days, anyway? I am a fan of the OFP series but i couldn't convince myself to buy it after hearing how buggy it was.

Oh, last but not least. Long live Victor Troska!

Hmm, me thinks they're only picking people with a wishlist of currently released games.

Well, anyway. Congrats!

How's ARMA these days, anyway? I am a fan of the OFP series but i couldn't convince myself to buy it after hearing how buggy it was.

Oh, last but not least. Long live Victor Troska!

Nobody likes to read in this thread.

First, its already been said that Hokey didn't win. He just posted a screenshot someone else posted (probably on 4chan).
Second, if you read the email in the screenshot, you'd see that they mention that if he'd had unreleased games they'd add them when they're available. So you're wrong.
Thirdly, ARMAII is great, as several posts have already explained.

Nobody likes to read in this thread.

First, its already been said that Hokey didn't win. He just posted a screenshot someone else posted (probably on 4chan).
Second, if you read the email in the screenshot, you'd see that they mention that if he'd had unreleased games they'd add them when they're available. So you're wrong.
Thirdly, ARMAII is great, as several posts have already explained.

So, i can't congratulate someone unless they're a member of this forum?

Jawohl, Herr Hitler!

Just played about in ARMA II: OA and getting the hang of it slowly. Can fly a chopper kinda decent now, landing is a slow process for me though :D

Infantry movement is weird to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Is there any way to tweak the mouse movement a bit more? Sometimes it moves really slow, other times it move pretty quickly when I don't want it to. Also the motion blur is a bit excessive when in first person!

I can run it fine all high with about 2500 view distance, which I'm happy with :)

Any good config tweak guides out there?

Turn off motion blur and that stuff. It's really just a pain.

Turn off AA, lower shadows.

You should aim for a view distance of about 4000.

Also try turning your Mouse Smoothing down, see if that helps.

So, i can't congratulate someone unless they're a member of this forum?

You can if you want to. But you're not allowed to congratulate someone on the forum and then pretend you were congratulating someone else who doesnt even come to this site, just so you don't look dumb. Not allowed.

Liebe,
Hitler

Saturday's sales are up:

Left 4 Dead 2 - $5.00
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $14.99
Wings of Prey - $14.99
Supreme Commander 2 - $3.75
Galcon Fusion - $2.50
King's Bounty: Platinum Edition - $8.75
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $7.49
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - $10.20
Indie Pulse Pack - $4.99

Gift Packs:

Counter-Strike: Source pack of 6 - $24.99
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits pack of 10 - $14.99
Red Faction Guerilla pack of 8 - $39.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City pack of 6 - $44.99

Added 13 items to my wishlist just in case I'm lucky.

Then I took a look around at my actual games list, and noticed how much time I've been able to invest in playing games the entire year thus far:

4.8 hours

D:

And so I went through and deleted my wishlist because even if I got 5 free games, I will never have time again to play them. Except maybe 50 years from now if I'm retired and I don't have arthritis.

These sales kinda suck. Anyone know if this is the last sale for the year? I know last year there was a sale at this time, but no Christmas sale.

These sales kinda suck. Anyone know if this is the last sale for the year? I know last year there was a sale at this time, but no Christmas sale.

You don't remember the nine-day Christmas sale from last year? There will likely be a similar one this year.

You don't remember the nine-day Christmas sale from last year? There will likely be a similar one this year.

No. Or maybe it was the year before... I distinctly remember a mediocre sale in november one year, and being disappointed that there wasn't a great sale in December like the year prior.

No. Or maybe it was the year before... I distinctly remember a mediocre sale in november one year, and being disappointed that there wasn't a great sale in December like the year prior.

Were you hibernating? Last year's sale was massive.

I said "maybe it was the year before" for a reason.

Last year's December sale had me buying games I still haven't played. I don't even know what's left for me to get. I figure they'll mange to get me for at least a few this year too. This sale has been kind of blah for me though since any game I've wanted I've already had and none of the deals are so amazing that I have to buy them.

This sale has been kind of blah for me though since any game I've wanted I've already had and none of the deals are so amazing that I have to buy them.

Yes, disappointing sale so far. And the whole wishlist thing is kind of pointless, since the chance of winning is almost zero. Let's hope for a Christmas sale.

You know what would be cool? If they gave everyone the top choice on their wishlist for participating.

Well... I figure there aren't more than a few million people that participated... So like $150 million. They could swing it.

Psst, they would be losing more than a dollar per game.

Psst, they would be losing more than a dollar per game.

Well I thought the math was apparent...

I said a few million participants (considering the average peak is like 2.5 mil online) so I went with 3 million and then I figured everyone's first pick would most likely be a $50 game so... 3 mil x $50 is 150 million dolla bills.

Well I thought the math was apparent...

I said a few million participants (considering the average peak is like 2.5 mil online) so I went with 3 million and then I figured everyone's first pick would most likely be a $50 game so... 3 mil x $50 is 150 million dolla bills.

Pocket change.

Most deals are borked atm. Orange Box for 7,50 though. That is a steal.

Yes. Its a fantastic game. There almost no story whatsoever, so its like a sandbox RPG. You make your own fun (which usually involves aspiring to overthrow a king and take over the realm. Easier said than done though). In my opinion, its got the best swordplay and mounted combat systems in any game to date.

Warband is finally at a reasonable price.
Doesn't seem like it's worth it's regular price at all if you already own the first game.

But, I'm still hesitant about buying it mostly because my load times for the singleplayer game are pretty long and I can only imagine how bad they'd be for multiplayer.

But, I'm still hesitant about buying it mostly because my load times for the singleplayer game are pretty long and I can only imagine how bad they'd be for multiplayer.

They certainly wouldnt be longer. Theres far fewer characters that need to be loaded, and no AI.

I hear Warband is the only one worth getting.

Back