Steam is The Only Way To Buy Silent Hill: Homecoming on PC

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Konami has revealed that Steam is "the only method of distribution" for Silent Hill: Homecoming on the PC. Konami currently has no plans for a retail box version, which certainly is an interesting strategy.[br]
The game is coming next month for North America only and Europe will apparently need to wait until later in '08.

Great! Hopefully other business follow this model (and hopefully this isn't a flop sales-wise).

Good for Steam, hope it does end up selling well so Konami will release MGS4 on the PC too(Not likely but one can dream.).

Forget your MSG, I love Pro Evolution Soccer and 2009 is out soon, I'm hoping Konami aren't going to disappoint me by neglecting Steam.

Smart. A very good way to fight piracy, I hope others will go this route.

Dumb:
and Europe will apparently need to wait until later in '08.
WTF is up with them, that internet-released titles won't be released world-wide at the same time? There are no borders on the internet, maybe some developers need to get that hammered in their heads again?
/rant

Hopefully ONE DAY, I can get a decent connection, and such news for once wouldn't be so bad for me.

I like Silent Hill too. :(

They're doing it because they know that selling it box retailed for pc wouldn't make as much money as it would on the console so they said "**** it" lets have valve cut us some kind of money deal. This will slowly be happening to almost any uninteresting games. Watch, you'll see.

They're doing it because they know that selling it box retailed for pc wouldn't make as much money as it would on the console so they said "**** it" lets have valve cut us some kind of money deal. This will slowly be happening to almost any uninteresting games. Watch, you'll see.
Makes since when you put it that way.

I guess the HL series is an un-popular un-interesting series too then? :dozey:

Still, many third party devs can save money on development costs by just cutting a deal with Valve.

Makes since when you put it that way.

I guess the HL series is an un-popular un-interesting series too then? :dozey:

Did I say Half life wasn't sold retailed at the stores? did I say it was uninteresting because its sold on steam? no. My whole post was basically referring to Silent Hill and any games that are unpopular/uninteresting game releases (silent hill and hundreds or others)

Smart. A very good way to fight piracy, I hope others will go this route.

To combat piracy before the games release anyway.

Dumb:
WTF is up with them, that internet-released titles won't be released world-wide at the same time? There are no borders on the internet, maybe some developers need to get that hammered in their heads again?
/rant

Err well in reality there are borders. I'm guessing a certain pissed off publisher might be one of those borders. Just the same yes who's ever responsible for this is a major dick. Why not wait until you can release it world wide? All this does is entice euro's to pirate the American version.

The trouble though is that once you finish these games and don't ever want to play them again there isn't any way to sell it on to someone else. That's why I like boxed copies because after I finish it I can just eBay it.

I guess their marketing manager didn't pay attention when was announced that Europe is a much bigger market for games then the USA :cool:

Monk.

The trouble though is that once you finish these games and don't ever want to play them again there isn't any way to sell it on to someone else. That's why I like boxed copies because after I finish it I can just eBay it.

Create new steam account. Buy game. Play game. Ebay steam account.

Create new steam account. Buy game. Play game. Ebay steam account.

The selling of Steam accounts is prohibited. Read the Steam EULA. Any listing pertaining to this will eventually be removed by eBay.

crazy never knew that lol, there goes my evil plans to retire :p lol I might get this off steam! there crazy why arnt they releasing it in europe at the same time! i think they should put all 5 games on steam :)

The selling of Steam accounts is prohibited. Read the Steam EULA. Any listing pertaining to this will eventually be removed by eBay.

Or sell the account in some other way that isn't as stupid as to restrict its sales by the sellers products EULA.

Back