Steam Screenshot Feature now in Beta

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
<div ></div>[br]A new feature that allows users to take and upload screenshots to their profile automatically is now available in Steam beta. Screenshots will work for any game that runs the Steam overlay, and can be taken by hitting the F12 key in game.[br]Test out this new feature by opting in the Steam beta through the Steam application. An example of a profile with screenshots can be seen here, and you can see the full news post here.

A new feature that allows users to take and upload screenshots to their profile automatically is now available in Steam beta.
It's not automatic. You have to click "Publish" before it's uploaded to Steam.
Edit: Nevermind. You only need to click "Publish" if it's a non-Steam game. (Or you disable automatic uploading.)

Additionally, does anyone know if this stores images locally too? I'd like to take and save screenshots without always uploading them.

so far I changed to beta, launched a game and selected f12 and it took the shots. Id like to see some new features tie to social media and private features.

Finally.
One step closer to not needing xfire any more.

Great, now I might not have to open those stupid tf2.stupidassextention with gimp anymore.

Am I the only one who's noticed was this guy's friend "Christen" is playing ...?

suggestion is the ability to tag steam friends in screenshots that you publish

Actually, even though I said about time to this and I was expecting it for a while, I was really only expecting this for Steamworks enabled games. The fact that it works in almost every game is pretty awesome. Props to Valve.

I think it's worth mentioning that the beta now features a search function in the games library.

I think its best to point out that the screenshot feature is in fact now out of beta and is available for all steam clients, just restart steam

Back