Team Fortress 2 for Mac Available Now with 'Training Mode'

Got mine:

osxrep1.jpg

The weird thing was though that they dropped when I was trying out the offline training mode on my regular PC. Btw bots kill my framerate. I am guessing my aging E6600 can't keep up with piloting 23 bots.

Also, the earbuds aren't technically a hat. They go in the medal slot. And there is no way I am gonna trade in my Grizzled Veteran badge.

Silly as in not within the TF2 style at all.

i-grapes-globe.jpg

Hint: they're sour.

Silly as in not within the TF2 style at all.

Neither is the Hounddog. Or the Hustler's Hallmark. Or the Brainslug.

They didn't have mp3 players in the 50's and 60's. They also didn't have teleporters. Perhaps TF2 is what's silly.

I'd argue, but I don't know what any of those look like. If they're the Sam and Max items, I agree!

And it's not like ipod technology is what I find silly, it's the ridiculously recognizable mainstream brand image in a fictional world with a very distinct fictional background and visual style.

True. I do think it fits the visual style though, since the size and proportions are exaggerated, and it emits little musical notes. And it's at least slightly generic, as pretty much any set of earbuds could look like that. If they were connected to a hip-mounted ipod, I wouldn't be so cool with it.

Also: Hounddog is the Heavy's hair+sunglasses, Hallmark is the Demo's pimphat, and the slug is the Pyro's Futurama brainslug.

True. I do think it fits the visual style though, since the size and proportions are exaggerated, and it emits little musical notes. And it's at least slightly generic, as pretty much any set of earbuds could look like that. If they were connected to a hip-mounted ipod, I wouldn't be so cool with it.

Also: Hounddog is the Heavy's hair+sunglasses, Hallmark is the Demo's pimphat, and the slug is the Pyro's Futurama brainslug.

The obvious Apple brand recognition just ruins it, I think. Maybe the image hasn't been so saturated in the media in Canadia. And besides that, it still looks bright white, sleek, and modern, none of which fit the TF2 style. And I don't think those other unlockables are nearly as bad.

Yeah, I don't see many Apple ads up here. But I think a significant part of that might be that I don't watch TV on broadcast and I use Adblock Plus on most sites. I'm probably a statistical outlier in terms of earbud hate :3

As others mentioned, there are countless hats that don't exactly fit TF2 (link), but I guess I do see a difference in that the earbuds reference a commercial product rather than a cross-over reference like the brain slug (Futurama), Tough Guy's Torque (Firefly), Ze Goggles (Simpsons), bunny ears (Sam & Max), and Bill's hat from L4D.

I seriously doubt apple had anything to do with it monetarily, so it was all Valve's choice, which I'm more okay with on a commercial-sense.

Also, I'd like the Pyro to be a transexual, flaming(figuratively) man who acts effeminate.

Do you know what kind of effect that would have? A ****ing awesome one.

I've found that people with the earbuds tend to suck.

Just sayin'.

Posting from ingame trying out training. New interface was suprising but I think I'll like it. I think the game was badly needing some introduction for new users. The newbie forum thing is also kinda cute.

Edit: The bots seem to be able to navigate Sawmill much better than they could before or at least they do in training mode.

As others mentioned, there are countless hats that don't exactly fit TF2 (link), but I guess I do see a difference in that the earbuds reference a commercial product rather than a cross-over reference like the brain slug (Futurama), Tough Guy's Torque (Firefly), Ze Goggles (Simpsons), bunny ears (Sam & Max), and Bill's hat from L4D.

I seriously doubt apple had anything to do with it monetarily, so it was all Valve's choice, which I'm more okay with on a commercial-sense.

Yeah, but all of those other things are much closer to the TF2 style (Sam & Max, not so much, but I've never been a fan of them anyway).

I've found that people with the earbuds tend to suck.

Just sayin'.

gonna go out on a limb and say it's most likely because mac users are, you know, new to the game

TF2 has come a long way since it was released for those of us out of the loop what with all the countless updates. i'm really enjoying it, but as someone who hasn't paid much attention to it because they can't play it, there's some many new crazy things happening that i have no idea about. all these crazy weapons, unlocks, hats... it's a bit overwhelming right now, but like i say, it's good fun

does hl2.net have a server where regulars play and all that? i'd quite like to adjust with some of you guys sometime this week

One might even go so far as to call them... noobs?

dunno came across a lot of bad [probably] pc players as well but it's easy enough for me to step back and say ''what of it?''

I was merely trying to make a point of the fact that the last time I said Mac users were noobs you flipped shit on me, even though by definition they pretty much are.

as far as i can see there have always been two uses of the word noob, one for general jabs at folk regarding skill or simply because it's an easy buzzword to use for people, and the other simply put for new people to a game. in keeping with what i said about disdain regarding mac users from pc users, i thought you meant the former.

either way, both are bullshit and i can't believe i'm trying to explain the usage of such ridiculous slang. :LOL:

Holy crap my TF2 disc usage is now 9082 MB. Anyone else getting that?

Knut, I like your style and choice of words.

Not to go against the gaming community, but being a good gamer simply involves one thing: time.
Calling someone a noob basically means that they haven't spent as much time as you have playing games (or, to be more specific, games with similar skill-sets). Mac users, unfortunately, have not had access to nearly as many games over the years.

Knut, I like your style and choice of words.

Not to go against the gaming community, but being a good gamer simply involves one thing: time.
Calling someone a noob basically means that they haven't spent as much time as you have playing games (or, to be more specific, games with similar skill-sets). Mac users, unfortunately, have not had access to nearly as many games over the years.

Unless they use Bootcamp.

I don't know if it's been posted or not.

29852129455943749836100.jpg

OMGTRADINGSYSTEMEPISODETHREE

Back