Team Fortress 2 on Mac

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1276120313_tomorrow.png
[br]
A new post over at the TF2 Blog basically announced TF2 will be available to play on Mac tomorrow.
Big things are happening RIGHT NOW at Valve. Things involving cultivated tree-fruit. BIG things. Things that rhyme with "grapple." Things that rhyme with "Speem Gortress zmavailable on the Babac."[br]Not today. But tomorrow. BIG THINGS. Stay tuned...
With the inclusion of Team Fortress 2 the Mac catalog of Valve games in near complete. Original blog post here.

Can't wait to destroy some Mac noobs, one of my amigos in particular.

sweet, i got the orange box for hl2 and the episodes the other week as it was cheaper than buying them individually, will jump into this tomorrow sometime. good timing too - i've just finished all my uni work for the year

class

Add ipod earbuds as a Mac exclusive so Mac users buy TF2, ???, PROFIT!

Valve should be careful when trying to be funny... BabacA in portuguese means dumb ass or something like that...

That blog post needed more things that rhymed with Bengineer Bumpdate.

Add ipod earbuds as a Mac exclusive so Mac users buy TF2, ???, PROFIT!

Part of me wishes Mac users would all have earbuds so you could easily identify and destroy them, the other part thinks about how out of place and irritating they would be.

Is this why we are still waiting for the engineer update as they want to do the update for Macs aswell, unless we're getting the engineer update at the same time :bounce:

Ready to show Mac users how much better us Windows users are

some sort of earbud replica items that drown out pissy angsty windows users would be great, yeah. i'd change my settings to mac users and reasonable, good folk using windows only and just imagine the sounds sheepo00102838 and marler666 are making is a unrecognizable frenzy of spit and dribble salivating over the idea of killing someone of a different platform because in their heads, a different platform =/= universal skill level.

good thinking chaps. you'll go far, brains of the generation that you are.

mac user: team fortre-what?, oh colors it looks cool
who are these guys? I guess hip artists like me,but why they have so much weapons? well maybe they do cool stuff whit that
that scout guy hav such a square cap man
oh is a tool to edit videos whit other people? well lets see...
wait how it is this,why are these guys shooting me? is not a video editor? well what the hell is steam thing is about? there isnt a single video editing app,this sucks

some sort of earbud replica items that drown out pissy angsty windows users would be great, yeah. i'd change my settings to mac users and reasonable, good folk using windows only and just imagine the sounds sheepo00102838 and marler666 are making is a unrecognizable frenzy of spit and dribble salivating over the idea of killing someone of a different platform because in their heads, a different platform =/= universal skill level.

good thinking chaps. you'll go far, brains of the generation that you are.

This is good stuff, keep it up.

Just checked Steam and it's available now!

I'm going to ignore the Mac/Windows squabble because it is way too tired and the stereotypes are outdated.

Just checked Steam and it's available now!

I'm going to ignore the Mac/Windows squabble because it is way too tired and the stereotypes are outdated.

Don't worry about it, the squabble's taking place entirely in one user's mind.

whoa, they've really changed the interface of the menu page and added tutorials and expainations for everything everywhere. It's quite disconcerting.

What the **** gave they done to the interfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace?!

because in their heads, a different platform =/= universal skill level.

This is actually true.

Have you ever tried playing a game with a person who owns only a 360?

yeah, actually. many. i'm not one for keeping my options so narrow and closeminded.

Don't worry about it, the squabble's taking place entirely in one user's mind.

that'll be yours then, considering you were the first person to make a scathing remark towards mac users.

you'd also be pretty blind to think that, over the course of however many threads regarding steam for mac there have been, that there was no such thing as a squabble. the sad thing is is that no mac user has initiated it, instead it's been a hostile response from windows users to mac. how depressing that folk can't just... get along.

Have you been on the internet before? "Ha, gonna be fun killing mac users". Oh god, I must be a Mac hating bigot who rants and raves and thinks all Mac users are the exact same elitist douchebag. I am so serious about this. Or,

I'm on the internet making a joke about the 'enemy' in a silly computer brand rivalry. Do you have the same reaction when people discuss pirates and ninjas?

There's really no excuse for getting offended when the squabble is encouraged not only by the earbuds, but also by the video.

Only the upper part of the helmet because its part of the Team Fortress 2 logo.

Have you been on the internet before? "Ha, gonna be fun killing mac users". Oh god, I must be a Mac hating bigot who rants and raves and thinks all Mac users are the exact same elitist douchebag. I am so serious about this. Or,

I'm on the internet making a joke about the 'enemy' in a silly computer brand rivalry. Do you have the same reaction when people discuss pirates and ninjas?

actually i'm talking about scathing remarks in general. you can back your statement up by a backpeddle of ''it's just a joke!!'' but there's no denying that some people - for no comprehend-able reason - are and have been serious about hating on steam for mac. i was talking about them, not specifically you, you just happened to be the first of this thread.

anyway, let's fight over team fortress in 2fort instead. only i won't be wearing earbuds because it detracts from an already fantastic visual style, and a clash of the two irritates me.

I have to say, I did not nearly dislike macs as much as I do now prior to their terrible advertising campaign, which was pretty much working off of the ignorance of the typical consumer.

actually i'm talking about scathing remarks in general. you can back your statement up by a backpeddle of ''it's just a joke!!'' but there's no denying that some people - for no comprehend-able reason - are and have been serious about hating on steam for mac. i was talking about them, not specifically you, you just happened to be the first of this thread.

anyway, let's fight over team fortress in 2fort instead. only i won't be wearing earbuds because it detracts from an already fantastic visual style, and a clash of the two irritates me.
A joke, followed by a misunderstanding, followed by a clarification, followed by reasonable and friendly acceptance?

What is happening to HL2.net?

mac user: team fortre-what?, oh colors it looks cool
who are these guys? I guess hip artists like me,but why they have so much weapons? well maybe they do cool stuff whit that
that scout guy hav such a square cap man
oh is a tool to edit videos whit other people? well lets see...
wait how it is this,why are these guys shooting me? is not a video editor? well what the hell is steam thing is about? there isnt a single video editing app,this sucks
They just added a video editor to the beta. :p

You can save a replay of your life in the game by hitting F6 (once you die the server sends you a replay file of your entire life, the server must have the option enabled, of course). You can then edit and save your replay within TF2 and you can even upload it straight to Youtube without leaving TF2. I just watched a video of a guy, playing this life, recording it, editing it and uploading it without leaving TF2 beta:
Un-impressive Spy kills!

Back