Team Fortress 2 Public Beta now available

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
<div >
2evb8yp.png
</div>[br]In a new post on the TF2 Blog Valve has made a call for anyone and everyone who owns a copy of TF2 to test new builds. Some of the gameplay features and stats tweaked for the beta:
  • 40% damage with Natascha
  • -25% damage, -25% health with Natascha
  • cp_granary: new entrance added into the RED and BLU mid ramp room.
  • Players being healed by a medic are immune to movement-impairing effects generated by hit-scan weapons.
  • Upon entry into the beta you will get all items currently unlockable through achievements, but random drops and the store will not be functional. All items can be taken away at any time while participating in the beta. To get into the beta simply launch Steam, open the Library and install "Team Fortress 2 Beta" from your games list. You can see the entire blog post here.

Cool, I wonder if this will happen with all updates now.

Spin-up/down time increased, slowdown-on-hit effect falls off over distance.
I like the sound of this one. The others sound like serious shit, like Natascha doesn't suck enough.

I like the sound of this one. The others sound like serious shit, like Natascha doesn't suck enough.
Suck? Natascha is widely considered to be one of the most OP weapons in the game along with the equalizer.

Why is Steam downloading 8GB of files? I already have TF2 installed. Can they not share resources?

According to who? You? I don't give a shit, I think it sucks.

According to who? You? I don't give a shit, I think it sucks.

I think it sucks too. The damage fall off is so significant at range with the current damage that the slowing effect is pointless. I guess it might be overpowered in the sense that at range it can slow people for others to kill. Still in a 1-1 situation, the standard gun is what will get you a kill. So I guess the slowing effect being mitigated over distance is the best choice... in my opinion.

Even at long range it doubles the time it takes to get back under cover. For a class like a scout or pyro, who can't do much damage from anywhere but close range, it's ridiculous. Have to get close enough to hit him, but if you're spotted, you're dead. There's almost no chance of running away, and you can't damage him fast enough.

Plus, being completely still makes you an easy target. Means more hits per second, so the small damage nerf doesn't actually mean much.

I'd be cool with 15% less dmg and reduced speed nerf at long range.

What about the Shortstop?
Doesn't slow people down nearly as much as Natascha does (and isn't a constant-firing weapon either). Natascha everyone down to roughly the same speed as a Heavy who's firing his minigun (even Scouts) which is about half of a Heavy's normal speed and less than 30% of the Scout's normal speed.

The Shortstop slows you down by 40% and it can't be fired continuously, making it no where near as effective as slowing down as Natascha.

I reckon the slower wind-up speed plus slowing effect fall off over distance is the best version. The fall-off over distance is a must.

Oh wow holy shit for a minute there before I read the blog I thought Valve were considering hitting Natascha with all of those nerfs at once.

Back