Team Fortress 2 Update - Milestone Achievements Return

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
An update has been applied to TF2 tonight, with many changes but most importantly, milestone achievements have been reinstated so players can unlock weapons via this method also. Full change list below.
  • Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables
  • Added tf_arena_use_queue server convar. Turn this on to get the old queue behavior. Default is off
  • Added tf_arena_round_time to set a timelimit on the round
  • Added the userid of the player who built the teleporter to the "player_teleported" event
  • Fixed player killed event causing server crash
  • Fixed Spies not being telefragged when standing on an enemy teleporter exit with the Dead Ringer enabled
  • Fixed attackers seeing the mini-crit particle effect for full crits if the victim has the Jarate effect enabled
  • Fixed the Ambassador not doing damage to buildings
  • Fixed Spies disguised as their own team not drawing blood effects
  • Fixed players killed by flaming arrows not showing the appropriate death icon

Yay. Milestones. Yay. No more arena sitout! :D

Yay, 5 snipers and 5 spies against 5 snipers and 5 spies again!

Thank you! 120+ hours playing/idling for a Huntsman I never got! Now another 120 getting the achievements hehe

I've actually got about 25 of the achievements for both classes by just playing TF2 in pubs, I think they've worked harder to make them more attainable by normal gameplay.

*Fire's up achievement unlocker* This is much better than using that program that simulates idling on a server. I got em all now.

Look at me, I openly admit that I use cheating tools, how awesome am I! :rolleyes:

You piece of shit.

I appreciate that they did this, even if I find it a bit late, however I'd like to give my extras away.

Look at me, I openly admit that I use cheating tools, how awesome am I! :rolleyes:

You piece of shit.

Aw, come on was that edit really necessary.
Well **** you like i give a shit you think. I got all the stuff and there is **** all you can do.

Poor Valve. This update has probably given them massive headaches.

It reminds me of when they tried to implement the dynamic pricing into Counter Strike Source.

Valve has certainly had their ups and downs. Whats great about them is that they work so well with the community that we're able to see it all happen. Not like Activision or Ubisoft where you never know whats going on behind the closed doors.

Much props to them.

Well, no one can say VALVe didn't listen on this this one, though I think most of it was internet melodrama. Guess that means I can delete my doubles, since any worth they had will be shot now. I wonder if they'll bother with a trading system and what they'll do to make hat trading viable other than trading doubles for doubles.

By all rights I should have the third Spy milestone.

And the unlock that comes with it. :/

Thats achievements broken basically because I got achievements while Valve were assessing how pointless the random thing was.

I've actually got about 25 of the achievements for both classes by just playing TF2 in pubs, I think they've worked harder to make them more attainable by normal gameplay.

ya, I got around 23 achievements in normal gameplay.

You need to unlock one more achievement for the previous ones to count towards the milestones, got 3 weapons at once on the spy, was some funny screen spam.

Milestones finally reached and yay I have a Huntsman this weapon is awesome!

Got everything at once, guess I got enough achievements for both without trying.

Are they still going to let people trade these weapons at some point in the future?

The milestones make such a feature even more unnecessary.

Dear god, I have a headache from all the spies sniping with the Ambassador right now.

"Hey man, if it so powerful, prove it, get 2 headshots right now"

I've actually done that more than once on the same target :p
Aim, fire, cooldown, repeat.

So I suddenly racked up a bunch of weapons, and played with the Cloak and Dagger. The tradeoff for the cloak and dagger, where the timer doesn't go down unless you move, isn't enough to balance it. You can basically walk all over the map at an otherwise decent speed while remaining invisible the entire time.

It's certainly worth its weight. But I do sort of miss the normal cloak sometimes, simply cuz I'll be sitting around waiting for recharge while there's ammo and broken crap all around me I could be using. I've gotten pretty good at timing that shit too.

Woot. Finally got my... everything. Played a lot and only got the Razorback & tons of duplicates through the random drops. I was getting seriously annoyed that everyone else was getting Huntsmen & Spy stuff. (I'm Spy primary.) It's also annoying getting killed by Huntsmen without the opportunity to see what it's like and assess its weaknesses.

I don't mind randomly getting hats. :)

As for the C&D, it seems map dependent. For instance, it makes sense to use the normal watch on lumberyard or badwater, since there are 100% ammo crates all over that let you cloak around pretty freely anyways. (If no one else takes ammo in badwater, you can run from spawn to spawn cloaked all the way.) For maps with less ammo and fewer hiding spots, like watchtower or orange, the C&D is an easy choice.

You need to unlock one more achievement for the previous ones to count towards the milestones, got 3 weapons at once on the spy, was some funny screen spam.

You just need to update one of the achievements. Such as sapping a building or getting a backstab. Someone told me that typing retry into console works.

retry disconnects you from the current server and reconnects.

Why did they make the achievement-requirement so little?

valve proves themselves yet again.

<3 valve. this is awesome.

It was funny, I got one more achievement and got all 6 new milestones and the 6 weapons all at once (after all that time getting them randomly!). Didn't even realize I'd gotten so many achievements!

A better way of saying Sorry is to not make it so easy. :eek:

Well **** you like i give a shit you think. I got all the stuff and there is **** all you can do.

Cheating your way through medical school might entitle you to call yourself a Doctor, but no ones going to respect you in the field when its abundantly clear you can't perform :rolleyes: :dozey:

Cheating your way through medical school might entitle you to call yourself a Doctor, but no ones going to respect you in the field when its abundantly clear you can't perform :rolleyes: :dozey:

Well **** you, I don't give a shit what you think! I'm performing surgery right now and there's nothing you can do about it!

drirving.jpg

I think Valve have done a great job. For the first few days, there are no milestones. So less people whoring around a server to get the achievements. After a while, they put the milestone back in. So people can receive the award again.

By all rights I should have the third Spy milestone.

And the unlock that comes with it. :/

Thats achievements broken basically because I got achievements while Valve were assessing how pointless the random thing was.

The milestone achievement will come once you have finished a round of game.

It came to me as soon as I shot someone as a Sniper.

I think someone else posted about it, but I cbf helping nurizeko.

This is lame.

Instead of Valve finding a solution to the achievement padding problem, they revert back to the old abused way.

It's a great feeling earning achievements and unlocks but it suddenly feels so unrewarding when you join a server and everyone already has them from padding.

Back