That time of the year again: The Essential E3 'what you want to see' thread

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
Computer and Video games magazine has released its E3 list for this year. The games in black are definitely going to be shown this year at E3, whilst the games in red are TBA

Click here to find out if your game will be shown

With that in mind my list is shown below, though I haven't put HL3/Ep3 in there because its still a TBA

Civilization V
XCOM (Really want to find out if base building is in :D)
Rage
Shogun 2
Deus Ex
Warhammer 40,000 online (Yet to see what the core structure of the game will be like)
Portal 2 (I'm just here for the cake)
Homefront (Interesting concept, hoping to see it in action)

The Last Guardian, LBP2, everything else is a wait-and-see-if-it's-good-maybe-i'll-pay-more-attention-but-if-not-then-no

Last Guardian and Zelda plus something new and exciting.

Rage
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
Red Faction: Armageddon
F.E.A.R. 3 (even though it's pretty much guaranteed to be garbage)
Half Life 3 (now that really would be a surprise wouldn't it?)

Super excited for:
Brink (oh god, SO excited for this)
Mafia II
Fallout: New Vegas
Rage
Halo: Reach
ZELDA!!!
Portal 2
Ep3/HL3

Mildly excited for:
Elder Scrolls V
Dead Rising 2
Epic Mickey
Tron Evolution
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
Rock Band 3
Fable III
Splatterhouse
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Red Faction: Armageddon
Saints Row 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Driver
Super Scribblenauts
Batman: Arkham Asylum 2
Not really interested in: everything else

[edit] It's saddening how little original IP is going to be in this show. 2010 is the year of the sequel. Again.

Super excited for:
Brink (oh god, SO excited for this)
I feel bad for you. Like, not in a sarcastic way or anything. I feel bad for you if you're excited for Brink, because you're going to be let down.

3DS
Zelda
Portal 2
Hitman 5
Elder Scrolls V
Last Guardian
Crysis 2

Warhammer 40k online
Elder Scrolls V
Mafia 2
Fable III
Crysis 2
Brink
Rage
Fallout: New Vegas
Civ 5
Hitman 5
Monkey Island 2 SE

****ing Syndicate

Apparently Respawn (ex Infinity Ward, more here) will be announcing their first game. At least they indicate as much on Facebook. I am betting it's a modern day shooter :D

EDIT Nevermind, probably fake. Although I wouldn't be surprised if more info will become available during the E3.

New Longest Journey

Cliffhanger FTL POKREWGPORKGPGKWREGKWEPOFCOWEFVJOIGF

A lot of stuff you guys mentioned I am either hyped about or want to see how they turn out, especially Deus Ex and X COM.

Zelda
Last Guardian
Dead Space 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Brink
Rage
Okamiden
Bulletstorm
Halo: Reach
Deus Ex 3
Portal 2/Ep 3/Valve
Super Scribblenauts?
Arkham Asylum 2
The dozen or so unnannounced games that will make me excited.
That is all.

DEUS EX 3!!!!
portal 2
half life 3?
hitman 5?
zone of the enders 3???
batman arkham asylum 2
agent
metal gear rising

I feel bad for you. Like, not in a sarcastic way or anything. I feel bad for you if you're excited for Brink, because you're going to be let down.

I kinda agree with this, everyone keeps telling me brink is going to be zomgamazing but i dont see anything that special there tbh =/

Asteroids II

g4DJ2.jpg

Besides whatever Valve has in store, I'm pretty much just excited for Last Guardian. Which, when you consider I don't even own a PS3 (yet), is saying something.

Edit: Oh yeah, and what ZT just said. Durr.

Something original. :O

23 years of gaming and 23 years of, "been there done that" will make anyone jaded and critical. I'm ready of something that hasn't already been done.

If it weren't for the fact that I've never played the original Fallout games for example, I probably wouldn't have liked Fallout 3 the way I did.

1. Portal 2. I'm not sure if they are going to show anything more than a trailer, but I am hoping to see a few minutes of footage showing some of the new footage. Oh, and more sarcasm from Glados.

2. F.E.A.R. 3. Even though I am a big fan of the first one and liked the second one, This one isn't being made by Monolith and that makes me a bit nervous. The gameplay footage I see will make or break the hype for me. I hope this one doesn't turn out to suck, it'd be a bad way to end the series.

3. Bulletstorm. Even though this game so far doesn't impress me much, hopefully at this year's E3 we'll see some more serious footage of the game.

4. Serious Sam 3. And speaking of 'Serious', I am hoping we'll get to see something of Serious Sam 3 this year since Croteam are targeting the end of this year for the release of the third installment. I bought the HD versions of Serious Sam and Serious Sam the Second Encounter and liked them alot. Serious Sam 2 was a *HUGE* Disappointment for me, so I am hoping that Serious Sam will retain much of the same formula from the first 2 Serious Sam games.

Starcraft 3

Oh... and maybe Portal 2

I hope to see

Hitman 5 well I hope. Not on the list.
Deus ex 3
Kane and lynch 2
Metal gear solid rising
Killzone 3
Call of duty: Black ops

Not heard anything about Thief 4 yet. Be interested to see what is going on there then. Hope this appears.

Fear 3

Loved the first one and its expansions but I thought the second one was a bit meh.

since I dont have any next gen console and my pc kind of sucks I honestly dont feel that excited :(

except for whatever valve throw

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Elder Scrolls V
Spec Ops

These are pretty much the only ones I'm interested in above my usual curiosity.

Back