That time of the year again: The Essential E3 'what you want to see' thread

Deus Ex Human Revolution
F.E.A.R. 3
Kane And Lynch 2
Back To The Future

Golden Sun DS
Pokemon B&W
And Xenoblade looks pretty hot as well.

Just plucked those off the Kotaku RPG list.

anything zelda wii related. not too interested in the DS/other stuff, just want to see more stuff following on/in the same vein as twilight princess
the new halo: reach stuff
whatever the portal 2 thing is, i can hope skip and jump that something half-life is mentioned or hinted at in some way, just because i like the small things, but i'm just looking forward to the portal stuff really

err not really a very specific list really, i'll keep an eye on all the updates and just see what i fancy really, these are just off the top of my head.

Bodycount
COD - Black Ops (rumors of zombie mode)
Modern Warfare 3
Mafia 2
Resident Evil 6
Homefront
Half Life 3/Ep. 3

I'm finding it harder and harder to be excited about video games anymore.

Could you be any more Korean?

*sings*
I am the very model of a modern Korean-gamer,
I've information Protoss, Terran, and Zerg,
I know the units of...

Ok I'll stop now.

Uh, it's from Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Major-General's Song"; I just edited it a bit. :p

I want to see:

Golden Sun DS
The Last Guardian
Agent
Grand Turismo 5
Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned
Zelda
Nintendo 3DS
Deathspank
Thi4f

There is probably a lot more that I am excited for but this is what comes to mind real quick like.

*sings*
I am the very model of a modern Korean-gamer,
I've information Protoss, Terran, and Zerg,
I know the units of...

Ok I'll stop now.
Numbers is the model of a modern Starcraft champion
With information Terran, Zerg, and Protoss, he is sure to win
He knows the biggest players both by screen name and their strategies
From Youtube to teamliquid he constructs a plan to win with ease

He's very well-acquainted, too, with counters problematical
To every single tactic, race, and map applied fanatical
By those in Bronze or Silver (and infrequently in Platinum);
A fruitless reach for victory before ol' Numbers flattens them

Battlefield 3!!!!
and the obvious other choices

Anyone know if Blizzard will show more Diablo 3 stuff?

Also ep3/hl3/source2 or whatever valve epicness will be revealed.

The chances of this happening are about as good as me seeing a UFO landing and meeting up with intelligent Aliens, but I am hoping that at E3 this year Epic announces Gears of War 2 or maybe even the upcoming Gears of War 3 for the PC. It's frustrating that, even though I had to wait a year for it to come to the PC, Gears of War made it's way to the PC and for me it was one of the best games I had played in years. Then Epic decides to not release the second and third one to the PC and even be accused of being a potential pirate. It's like if Valve (after a year delay) releases Half-Life 2 to the PC, but refuses to release any of the Episodes on the PC. As a former Epic fan that have bought most of their titles since 1999, it's real frustrating for me to see Epic give PC Gamers the cold shoulder. And those bozos are part of the PC Gaming Alliance!

Portal 2 and anything Valve will do
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Not a huge fan but I'll probably enjoy footage of Call of Duty: Black Ops, Crysis 2 and Killzone 3.

Anything from Valve should be amazing.

The new Deus Ex sounds like it might be pretty cool and maybe live up to its predecessor. But so did Invisible War when they first unveiled it. And so did BioShock. And every other follow-up to a "Looking Glass" style game. I would be very surprised if Human Revolution doesn't end up being a colossal disappointment.

New Vegas will hopefully be more Fallout 3 with better writers, so I'm looking forward to that.

Crysis 2 looks good, but it sounds like they're taking the gameplay WAY in the wrong direction.

Elder Scroll V would be awesome. I just hope it won't end up being an MMO.

Dead Space 2, Rage, and Arkham Asylum 2 all seem like they could turn out great.

But that's about it. E3 sort of feels mediocre this year.

Where will you guys be following everything? Im thinking of watching all the live conferences at Gamespot, but im not sure if its free or if you have to pay. Anyone know?

I want to see Gabe admit that they have done absolutely nothing for Episode 3 yet. Because that would be funny for me. For some reason.

Valve's "surprise" & LittleBigPlanet 2.

Is Introversion still a Independent developer, because I just saw some videos of Subversion and really looks interesting

All I really want to see is the 40K MMO and if Relic is going to announce the next Dawn of War 2 expansion. Everything else is just a bonus.

Fallout: New Vegas, of course Valve's "surprise"...and Mass Effect 3. I have others on that list, but they are a lot less realistic.

e3_2010-3.jpg

The new MK looks EXCELLENT. Now, if it has a good online component, this will be FLAWLESS.
I wrote that in actual blood.
From your sister.

I had hoped that Valve would have their press conference this year, but not only because of my excitement for Portal 2 but also because I felt that Valve helped represent the PC Community. Of course, this could have been the PC gaming Alliance's chance to help promote the PC and help encourage developers to give the PC some attention. But no, they had to give this pitiful excuse as to why they won't bother with E3:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/06/12/where-is-the-pc-press-conference-at-e3-2010/

Back