The CoD:MW2 MEGA Thread

BURN THOSE DAMN LEAVES!

I'm going to have to rake the yard soon.

Question. Do the gamestop stores sell COD for the PC or would I have to order it online?

The original game? On PC or console or what?

The hardened and prestige versions of MW2 came with a code to unlock CoD (PC) from the marketplace. I don't know if that's what you're referring to, though. I don't think gamestop would carry an old game like that new. You might be able to find a good copy online somewhere.

The hardened and prestige versions of MW2 came with a code to unlock CoD (PC) from the marketplace. I don't know if that's what you're referring to, though. I don't think gamestop would carry an old game like that new. You might be able to find a good copy online somewhere.

sorry, I meant MW2.

Bought three copies at Sainsbury's this morning for £26 each, went a mile up the road and traded all three into CeX for £32 each. Profit. :E

I'll buy this game for like £12 in like a year.

PC. Curious to see how IW.net handled Day 1.

PC. Curious to see how IW.net handled Day 1.

I only played one game, but it connected straight away and I suffered less lag than I did on a L4D dedi server. This could mean naff all as like I said, I only played one multi. But it worked fine.

Question. Do the gamestop stores sell COD for the PC or would I have to order it online?

The Gamestops around here carry a small selection of PC games. Unless it's sold out, I can basically guarantee they have Modern Warfare 2. If they only carried one PC game, this would be it.

Wow, Treyarch did a really good job with the port. It looks a lot like the other versions.

meh, i haven't turned on my Wii in like 10 months now. does look like a good port....but no one buys hardcore games on the Wii, they buy them on 360, PC and PS3

COD classic is released, so much for an exclusive DLC game?! Thank **** I didn't get the hardened edition!

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/11/10/call-of-duty-classic-gets-surprise-deployment/

Watched the Ten Minute Taste on Destructoid and this made me lol:

lean.jpg

So the console port of the original CoD does have lean?

can we get an honest assessment of the PC multiplayer from someone with a little experience please?

how's the P2P system? matchmaking? any lag issues?
what about player capacity? find yourself running around looking for enemies too often? or is it just right for the maps they've included?
what about gameplay? any hiccups with the PC controls?

I've just had another game on Multi and played numerous rounds and it was all plain sailing without the slightest bit of lag. Guess it was a decent host.

I like how beating a single player mission is considered an "achievement". Good fun though.

After watching this the situation seems less grim.
Are you really not able to play certain game types and maps without unlocking them through achievements? That kind of crap makes me never want to play games like this.
I partly stopped playing TF2 because it was such a pain to unlock all the weapons that everyone else was using.

Developers, please stop punishing people who don't want to commit all their time to playing games to get the full content and experience in multiplayer.

So the console port of the original CoD does have lean?

Yeah, it has lean. They make you do it in the grenade portion of the training.

Also, i've now played a ton of MW2 mp. It's fantastic. I've experienced almost no lag. Everything's going better than expected. One thing I haven't got used to yet, is the sound of the predator missle right before it shreads you to smitherines. It's like "What's that sou- i'm about to die."

Are you really not able to play certain game types and maps without unlocking them through achievements? That kind of crap makes me never want to play games like this.
I partly stopped playing TF2 because it was such a pain to unlock all the weapons that everyone else was using.

Developers, please stop punishing people who don't want to commit all their time to playing games to get the full content and experience in multiplayer.
You probably know this, but there's a random chance of obtaining the weapons also by time spent playing.

Yeah TF2 went along the WoW line. You play and play and play, waiting for that one item, and the one time you dont play, someone else gets it.

Good way of fueling the addiction fire.

Yeah, it has lean. They make you do it in the grenade portion of the training.

Yes, I saw that. I even posted a screenshot of it. The reason I did, is that I find it ironic that a port of a 6 year old game does have have lean, but MW2 doesn't.

played online with a couple of real life friends and we did pretty good until this guy came into the room and owned all of us. lvl 11 i think now and this game keeps getting better and better. i'll try finishing the story mode now

So, for anyone who did beat what little campaign there was...

seriously
MW3

So, for anyone who did beat what little campaign there was...

seriously
MW3

the single player is a solid 9/10 for me, minus one point because untill the last 3rd of the game it all seems a little disjointed and unclear as so what youre doing in these different places, but then it all does come together. other than that it is OUTSTANDING, i havnt litterally had my jaw drop then into a smiling WOOOOOOOOOOOOOYEAAAAAAAAH before.

the bit near the end where you drive the jeep into the plane as its taking off with the dudes trying to ram you

i could go on and on about how good this game is. the multiplayer is fantastic too, but im an xbot so i would think that, wouldnt i.

Yeah, the single player is immense. Of course, if you hated CoD 4 you'll hate this too but if you enjoyed it then this is CoD4 SP ramped up x10. I've also tried some of my first multiplayer in the CoD series, and can see why it gets so addictive for people. I may play a little more today even though I clearly suck balls at it.

Yeah, the single player is immense. Of course, if you hated CoD 4 you'll hate this too but if you enjoyed it then this is CoD4 SP ramped up x10. I've also tried some of my first multiplayer in the CoD series, and can see why it gets so addictive for people. I may play a little more today even though I clearly suck balls at it.

No shit, I just got addicted to CoD4 MP like a few months back, decided to try it out in anticipation of MW2 and it had me hooked straight away, one of the few console games where I kept playing MP even though there were no MP-specific XBL achievements(Since I'm an achievement-whore and generally not an MP fan)

Picking up MW2 later today! Yay.

I must admit, CoD4's MP was pretty much the most addictive thing since WoW. If I wasnt playing WoW, it was CoD4.

And then I got blue tiger stripes for my p90, slapped on the silencer, put on whatever perk it was that made your footsteps quiet and ran around being a complete menace to everyone. Racked up my best kill counts that way, just running around the map and appearing behind their spawn areas. Good fun.

Is anyone using headphones? because during the briefing when Allen is transerred to 141, it sounds like there is a loud thudding in the background randomly during the brief. I honestly thought there was ghost thumping on my bathroom door it was that loud. Freaky.

Back