The Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Taken down. I've heard there's a regular trailer besides the six minute prologue one (which I thought was pretty good, disregarding how hard it could be to understand due to bootleggedness), was this it?

It was only a couple of minutes, good sound quality too considering. Mostly just showed dialogue from Catwoman/bane as well as some alfred stuff. Also a few action scenes.

I really want to watch that prologue but I have to control myself.

Holy shit Bane looks so mean, I think we're in for something even better than the Joker here. Just a hunch though, considering we don't see much acting from Tom Hardy.

Love the bloke at the end that yells "THANK YOU NOLAN!"

From the looks of it, this movie might be just as good as TDK, but I really don't like Bane's voice. Batman sounds like he's been smoking too much, and bane sounds like he's got a stuffy nose. This is ridiculous.

Couldn't understand a single word that Bane said. :|

Every video I've tried to catch has already been pulled. I have very low expectations of this one. As much as TDK was pretty awesome, this one just looks 'meh' to me, from what i've seen of it. Bane was one of my favourites from the comics, but this version seems to be pretty far from that. The only thing I wanna know is, will he Break the Bat?!?

Is there a working video somewhere?

EDIT: Cheers Silver.

Any word on the whereabouts of the intro?

Youtubed.
Jesus Christ, this is going to be amazing.

sounds like ''when gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die''

super stoked for this film, really really do not want to fall into the trap of overhyping myself though as i remember how crushingly disappointed i was when i came out of the cinema for the dark knight at my expectations, and again the second time. after a few rewatches i saw it's real brilliance, but i want to get fully blown away by this in the cinema. media blackout commencing as of tonight.

I tried to watch the trailer, but all I saw was -- Pittsburgh, Steelers, prison riot at the Carnegie Library, and our dismal Chemistry building.

On a serious note, this looks really good even coming from someone who didn't care for the Batman movies all that much.

Looks great, but the football field collapsing was weird. Why would the dude with the ball know to just stop there and look back? Oh yeah, because the director told him to.

I think it's implied that the football player didn't realize the field was falling apart behind him because he was so "in-the-zone." He turns around after making a touchdown and drops the ball in disbelief. Also implied by how another one of the players tries to tackle him and fails, and then falls into the hole. I mean I know football players are really into the game but I doubt they would try to purposefully value a tackle over not falling in a giant ****ing explosionhole.

which makes me wonder-- are gotham football players all deaf?!

Ah, good call. Just rewatched and I think you're right on the money. Guess they can't hear it through all the padding.

Lets all be honest here, the football field scene is stupid.

Lets all be honest here, the football field scene is stupid.

Lets all be even more honest, this whole trailer is all sorts of stupid. Its so all over the place that I have no clue what the movie is about at all. It just looks like a jumbled mess.

Looking forward to seeing Anne Hathaway as catwoman and thats about it.

I mean, it's pretty stupid yeah...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
<3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3 BUT JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT <3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3 :bounce: <3
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bane is in town and shit is going to get ****ed up, what else is there to understand? apart from his voice, that is! ha ha ha ha!

but seriously, i'm sure we'll get an inkling as to what the film is about a little closer to release. right now, appetites are whet. general consensus seems to be that the football pitch scene is silly and i agree. kind of feels like someone in the studio said ''yeah, and we could do this because it would look ace and it's then kind of just an excuse to have people falling away all over the place in a pretty cool manner. do not want: pretty cool manners.

Lets all be even more honest, this whole trailer is all sorts of stupid. Its so all over the place that I have no clue what the movie is about at all. It just looks like a jumbled mess.

I know you're admittedly pretty dumb, but have you ever seen a movie trailer before?

No, I agree, where's the trailer that spells out the entire plot of the film?

I wouldnt get too excited about Bane.

Unless Nolan goes back and re-records his lines or does some serious editing, it's going to be a disaster.

According to numerous people that watched the prologue before MI:Ghost Protocol, Bane's voice is indistinguishable due to his mask. They're already predicting famous ''remember when...'' moments and quotes, such as when Bane delivers the classic line ''Mrrrf burrrnft bfffurupub''.

Christopher Nolan has apparently been asked to re-edit the sound mix of supervillain Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises.

Since the debut of a prologue to the blockbuster ahead of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and the release of a new trailer, fans have reacted negatively claiming that Tom Hardy's character is inaudible. The character wears a mask through which a drug is pumped that gives him super-strength.

You can judge for yourself by clicking at the bottom of the page.

But according to the Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros are said to be "scared to death" about "the Bane problem".

Nolan has responded by saying that he will only tweak the sound mix slightly, rather than completely change it. An executive said:Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't want to dumb things down. You've got to pedal faster to keep up.Hardy is joined as the film's villain by Anne Hathaway as anti-heroine Catwoman, while Christian Bale reprises his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. The Dark Knight Rises is released in cinemas on July 20, 2012.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/the-dark-knight-rises-christopher-nolan-asked-to/256161

I saw the prologue and it is indeed really difficult to understand Bane. (Also I thought the prologue was pretty bad)

I know you're admittedly pretty dumb, but have you ever seen a movie trailer before?

What I was trying to get at was the fact that this trailer falls completely out of the scope of a 'Batman' movie that Nolan could really have just titled this something else and it would have been just fine. Batman begins was awesome. The Dark Knight was alright. This just seems like all spectacle and no substance (say, thats what Inception was...).

I've been obsessing over the trailer for the past day or so. Bane feels like a classic Brotherhood of Nod warlord, which is awesome.

As for collapsing the football field, it sounds like a regular terror attack, a shock and awe moment. Absolutely no problem with it.

Bane isn't difficult to hear, and the idea that every scene involving him will come with crashing background noise, thereby making him inaudible, is silly. Although it's probable it was easier for me to make out what he was saying because I was aware of the dialogue before hand. I saw the prologue back in December, and I liked it. Intense and clever. It wasn't outstanding or particularly special, but it set the tone.

Also NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTIL I PUT ON THE MASK was a great bit of dialogue.

Bane isn't difficult to hear, and the idea that every scene involving him will come with crashing background noise, thereby making him inaudible, is silly. Although it's probable it was easier for me to make out what he was saying because I was aware of the dialogue before hand. I saw the prologue back in December, and I liked it. Intense and clever. It wasn't outstanding or particularly special, but it set the tone.

Plus, BROTHERHOOD OF NOD.

Also NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTIL I PUT ON THE MASK was a great bit of dialouge.

Barring the grammar error, Sam, I agree entirely. The Mask creates a symbol: a Man becomes much more than if he was just a face.

I love Batman, and I can't wait to see this.

I wouldn't mind if they made a Batman Beyond adaptation, as long long as Nolan directs.

bane sounds great, **** the complainers. listen harder.

Batman Beyound would work with Nolan at the helm only if he ditched the "omg realism" bit and went full over the top sci-fi like the animated series was.

Inception wasn't exactly realistic, and was a science fiction movie. I think he could do it, at least I hope he'd consider it.

Back