The ending/Episode Three opening (spoilers obviously)

It doesn't matter toasty, we wouldn't see ourselves but Gordon :p

Anyway, we don't judge you, at least not me, I''m only saying that I don't think it would be a good idea.

If Valve puts it in Episode 3, good, if they don't, good... as long as the game is good things like this doesn't really matter gameplay-wise

What we didn't see is the advisors destroyed the other side of the helicopter when they entered the Hanger, so it looks like we will be driving to Hawai.....I mean the Artic :p

It could begin with a flashback to the day of the Test, various areas sourcified, revealing the people in the control room, Eli in the hallway and the dreaded words "prepare for unforseen consequences", then everything goes to hell.

Then all of a sudden, somebody wakes up Gordon from his deep sleep in one of the bunks at White Forest....Its Barney

It could begin with a flashback to the day of the Test, various areas sourcified, revealing the people in the control room, Eli in the hallway and the dreaded words "prepare for unforseen consequences", then everything goes to hell.

Then all of a sudden, somebody wakes up Gordon from his deep sleep in one of the bunks at White Forest....Its Barney

This is the best thing about Ep3 I've read so far. I LIKE IT.

What we didn't see is the advisors destroyed the other side of the helicopter when they entered the Hanger, so it looks like we will be driving to Hawai.....I mean the Artic :p

I must admit this is a very good idea.

Originally Posted by DEATH eVADER
What we didn't see is the advisors destroyed the other side of the helicopter when they entered the Hanger, so it looks like we will be driving to Hawai.....I mean the Artic

VALVE READ THIS!

It could begin with a flashback to the day of the Test, various areas sourcified, revealing the people in the control room, Eli in the hallway and the dreaded words "prepare for full-life consequences ", then everything goes to hell.

I like it better this way

icon14.gif

Valve READ.

I think that kind of insinuates that Gman had a hand in Eli's death, which I think is silly. Also, I dunno, waking up in a bunk would really hurt momentum I think. It's not a bad idea but it's not back-flip worthy.

I think it is a good Idea to insert the G-Man into the opening sequence but i think you should regain consciousness just where you fell at the end of Ep2. you are going to want to know what happened while you were out but I would rather experience it myself. G-Man is a great idea and it is keeping with how just about every HL2 installment has started.
If they do make some sort of funeral of Eli the Vorts will most likely preform some thing this would provide a "Distraction" for the G-Man to contact you, and maybe Alyx at the same time (that would be COOL), remember the Vorts are preventing the G-man from interfering so the only way he could contact you is if the Vorts are otherwise occupied.

Death evader that is one hell of a great intro, BUT Barney, must be in different clothes, maybe a new type of armour.

It is a good idea. but I think waking up almost instantly is far more likely, and it would make for a vary cinematic first 10 to 15 minuets for episode 3.

Gordon hugging Alyx? Patting a fellow rebel's back?... I agree that some more interactivity with NPC's would be nice, but that would require seeing Gordon's arms... not really a good idea IMHO

we saw Gordons arms in HL2 when he put on his HEV suit.

this thread is great with a lot of awesome ideas. with me i dont want it to start in the helo. i want it to start right where we left, that would be the best begining imo

Death Evader's idea is awesome. Seriously awesome. But, what about something that has to do with the G-man? Then perhaps the Vorts would need to be distracted... by something... then the Gman shows up, and says something bound to become a favourite quote by someone, then the Vorts do show up, and the Gman simply deeply breathes out, then disappears. Then you return to reality in a room in White Forest talking to Uriah (about Gman) then Uriah is about to leave when there is a knock on the door, and Barney comes in. Uriah leaves, and you have a conversation with Barney abiut where he's been. Then you go outside, Alyx is all emotional, yadayadayada, you're about to get in the chopper, and Barney gives you the crowbar before you leave, and D0g is following the copter, only he's on the ground, but, then you land but D0g is nowhere to be found, then you go through about a chapter and he comes out of nowhere.

I'd better stop there because it's not really an intro anymore.

not a bad idea, but valve always continues from where they left of with.

Why does Gordon have to black-out, or have a G-man vision? You know, the guy can just take a nap while on-flight, next to Alyx.

Father's dead, how is she going to deal with it, and fly a tactical chopper over a large stretch of land and sea; being no doubt encountered by stray combine or the included threat from Xen (If any)

How is Valve pulling off this one :rolleyes:

Maybe Chell (from portal) will help Freeman through Half-Life 2: Episode Three! I mean, I did read somewhere that her character may appear in this game. Eli Vance probably will survive. The vortigaunts probably may take him back to life. It happened to Alyx, so why not eli? Anyway, we just have to wait and find out.

I think Alyx won't go to the Borealis with Gordon as a way to bring on some other sidekicks for Gordon. Perhaps Barney or some other survivor near the Borealis.

Most likely we will see Judith again. With Kliener and Alyx keeping in touch with Gordon via video communications.

Maybe Chell (from portal) will help Freeman through Half-Life 2: Episode Three! I mean, I did read somewhere that her character may appear in this game. Eli Vance probably will survive. The vortigaunts probably may take him back to life. It happened to Alyx, so why not eli? Anyway, we just have to wait and find out.

Alyx got injured badly, she didnt have her brain penetrated by a giant phallic object. As Valve stated many times, "Eli is dead, this is not a cartoon where no one ever dies."

Why does Gordon have to black-out, or have a G-man vision? You know, the guy can just take a nap while on-flight, next to Alyx.

I don't think there's a real convincing way to convey that.

I don't think Gordon passed out or blacked out or anything like that (he could still hear Alyx crying so he was conscious). The game had to end somehow so I think it just went black as he closed his eyes in a kinda pissed off, frustrated, my best friend just got his brain ripped out sort of way. I really hope it just continues exactly where it left off, such a chaotic scene will be perfect for some interesting character interactions and some great dialog (from Magnusson...I must know what this guy is going to say about Eli's death, I have a feeling it will be classic). Yeah an interaction button maybe cool but it could get out of control real easy turning into a crazy hugfest. I'd like to see more of Gordon though, like his arms and feet when he interacts with NPCs and the environment (kinda sucks that he's pretty much a ghost, I think). lord raken's intro sounded pretty cool to me.

All I know is that Alyx better put out, I'm not spending my hard-earned money just to watch her shake that ass and not be able to tap that!

I mean c'mon! Daddy needs his suga!

All I know is that Alyx better put out, I'm not spending my hard-earned money just to watch her shake that ass and not be able to tap that!

I mean c'mon! Daddy needs his suga!

:cheers: High Five!

lawl

Xombine you know you want a taste of that sweet maple syrup!

There are girls much better looking than Alyx. Oh shit, did I just say this on a Half Life forum?

She reminds me of my sister. I shall not fap to her.

I don't think Gordon passed out or blacked out or anything like that (he could still hear Alyx crying so he was conscious). The game had to end somehow so I think it just went black as he closed his eyes in a kinda pissed off, frustrated, my best friend just got his brain ripped out sort of way. I really hope it just continues exactly where it left off, such a chaotic scene will be perfect for some interesting character interactions and some great dialog (from Magnusson...I must know what this guy is going to say about Eli's death, I have a feeling it will be classic). Yeah an interaction button maybe cool but it could get out of control real easy turning into a crazy hugfest. I'd like to see more of Gordon though, like his arms and feet when he interacts with NPCs and the environment (kinda sucks that he's pretty much a ghost, I think). lord raken's intro sounded pretty cool to me.

Thank you for your support. If what I/you have described does come to pass i think the "acting" and interaction that would be necessary to bring this opening to life would be unprecedented. and would be very interesting/impressive/ and deeply immersion.
I agree with toaster-chan about Alyx's Appearance. She is very attractive female character but she is though and is more that capable of taking care of herself, and her appearance matches her personality. What personality traits do you think Alyx has, both obvious and unobvious?

I had a dream about Ep3 the other night. I hugged Alyx.

And the graphics were AMAZING.

Back