The ending/Episode Three opening (spoilers obviously)

It's one of many, and I have little to no effect on Valve's storyboard personnel. I will say that I think it's the most likely to happen out of all of my ideas, but there are so many ways Valve can go with the ending of EP2, it's not too likely.

Understand?

Why would it begin weeks or months later if Alyx and Gordon were heading for the chopper? It also seemed that Gordon was still concious.

Gordon's unconious/paralized. Most likely the games not going to start out in the heli. Why would Alyx take Gordon into the Heli if she didn't know he would be alright, right? All likelyhood, the game will start with Gordon waking up, or becoming unparalized, from either, and most likely, Alyx's doing, or Kleiner's.

How I'd want it to start is the same way I like all of the HL Games starting. With the G-Man waking you up and giving you some things to ponder throughout the rest of the game. His speech starting out HL2, amazing. The Vorts and Him beginning EP1, great.

Yeah but thats what valve did for all the other half lifes (except episode 2 and maybe one, havent played in a while). So valve will most likely start the player with something new like flash backs to help out people who jest started playing or something.

O and SilasDarko, make sure to check the date at which the last person posted, dont want to be rasing the dead every which way and the other :p

i highly doubt there will be a burial. in ep3 there might be that you wake up in the helicopter which is flying. Alyx is still sobbing but then you get shot down in the arctic and you have to make your way to borealis/ judith mossman

Personally I think it should open with some sort of ride there or something along those lines and when you wake up you see a picture of Eli directly infront of you, reminding you that he's dead. Perhaps someone else becoming your companion this time but with alyx keeping in touch with you.

i think that that waking up stuff and all is shit, it should be like in all episodes, only a couple minutes away from incident. It really destroys all realism.Why would Gordon be paralyzed after all?In the end of episode 2 he clearly sees all in front of him and he wont move 'cause he's shocked(Tired?).

This will be the third time I've posted this... but wtf, I think it holds a lot of good ideas. :)

I'd like the episode to open with Gordon fading out of darkness on the bottom bunk of a bed, Alyx next to him, holding his hand, seeing tears on her cheeks. She looks at Gordon as he turns his head to her, the look on her face worth a million words. Excitement, happiness, relief, all that good stuff. Gordon sits up and finds his crowbar and gg on the ground next to his bed.

"I think they put the rest of your weapons in the chopper." Alyx says. "Oh, Gordon, thank god you're okay. I thought I'd lost you too..."

The look on her face shows her embarrassment, and she shyly picks at her locket again. Gordon can tell, after realizing what she was doing, she is overcome by grief. The look on her face changes, she appears to be on the verge of tears. She remembers her dad when she touches it. Bravely, she wipes her eyes with her arm.

"Sorry." she says. "We should probably get going. The sentries said they spotted more combine heading this way. We have to leave before they can get close enough to shoot us down."

As they walk out of the room, in the hallway there are shrieks of pain and grief. The news has just finally reached the ears of the resistance. Alyx appears distant as you walk past a sobbing couple (you know the two I mean.) She seems to walk a bit faster as you pass the garage, into the control room. Kliener looks up as they enter the room. Sitting on the couch he seems to be trying to say something. He can't get the words out, but instead he stands up and walks over to Alyx. He puts his hands on her shoulders, she's still fiddling with her locket. The Doctor gently shakes her. Alyx look up at him from the corner of her eye as he speaks.

"Alyx, are you ready?" he asks (Something along those lines, I've never been good with dialogue.)
"Yes..." She says, quietly. "We're ready."
"Then you must go, now, quickly. There is no telling how much time we have."

Alyx and Gordon say goodbye and head back to the hangar. On their way they are passed by a group of people who seem to be carrying something. they cannot see what it is, but many are sobbing. It could only be a stretcher with his body on it. Alyx turns to the opposite wall, and tries her best to keep from looking at her father. Gordon can't control himself, he puts an arm around her. She hugs him, sobbing, he seems to consul her quickly, she isn't used to getting much attention from him. Amazingly, she smiles at him, for the first time in the last few hours she really looks happy. Tears in her eyes, she turns and continues to walk with Gordon. On their way, Magnussen passes by. He is hanging his head, and looks over to Alyx. He remains silent, he just keeps walking, and turns away. This seems to not effect Alyx now. She is only concerned with the task ahead. When they reach the hangar, there are many resistance members gathered around in a circle at the bottom of the elevator. They appear to be there to aid in the takeoff, yet their presence couldn't hope to keep onlookers from seeing the pools of blood on the floor. Some of it yellow, most of it Maroon. Alyx is fiddling with her locket again. She looks to the ground as if there is something there for her.

"You ready to go?" says one of the men.

There isn't a response.

"Well... The chopper's ready for you. Freeman, your weapons are in the back. I still can't tell how you carry all of them at once... you would have been good at smuggling."

Not realizing the bad timing, the man's joke was ignored. Taken aback, he carries on.

"Right... Well, Alyx, I'm not sure how much experience you have in the sky, but you'll be flying. You'll only be in for 2 hours, so you've got plenty of gas. Good luck to you both, and... Miss Vance... I'm sorry..."

Slowly, Alyx climbs in the chopper, Gordon close behind her. The chopper blades fire up as Gordon grabs his gear. He goes to sit in the cockpit with Alyx, as he peeks his head in he hears a sob. He sits down next to Alyx, and trying to be tough, she wipes her eyes and smiles at Gordon. The chopper lifts off, and as the hanger draws farther away, the blood seems to disappear. It's behind them now. The real fight has just begun.

Excellent! I really like this. It is not quite what I had in mind but it's very well thought out.
I think that, on principle, we should never leave Gordon's point of view, but if the game play starts right where Ep2 left off it would take too long to play through a 35 min ?slow zone?(no action). Personally I would not mind playing though a long stretch of no action IF there that section was saturated with back story, plot development, and character development. However, most people would not want to have to play through something that long right at the start of the game.
What I propose is too begin the game with a 5 min cinematic. This cinematic would be shown as a set of memories starting with the death of Eli. From there, many other images would follow, such as: Magnuson and Kliener running into the hangar do discover the tragedy, Alyx crying over Eli, you brushing aside the medics to get to her, Alyx embracing you as they take Eli away, Eli's funeral, mission planning, the return of Barney, arguments over whether the Borealis should be destroyed or used, mission planning, Alyx sitting of a bed talking to you (sentimental stuff). These scenes would contain stuff like this in fairly short clips, but you would get a very clear idea of what happened after the attack. Also, Valve could introduce new concepts like character interaction.
Any way, the scenes would end and you would wake up in a bed on the morning of your departure this is where the game play starts. Gordon was dreaming/remembering the past few days events.

The part where Gordon put his arm around Alyx most likely wouldn't happen because Valve has a problem with Gordon showing any sign of emotion. But very well written opening. I liked it a lot.

Excellent! I really like this. It is not quite what I had in mind but it's very well thought out.
I think that, on principle, we should never leave Gordon's point of view, but if the game play starts right where Ep2 left off it would take too long to play through a 35 min ?slow zone?(no action). Personally I would not mind playing though a long stretch of no action IF there that section was saturated with back story, plot development, and character development. However, most people would not want to have to play through something that long right at the start of the game.
What I propose is too begin the game with a 5 min cinematic. This cinematic would be shown as a set of memories starting with the death of Eli. From there, many other images would follow, such as: Magnuson and Kliener running into the hangar do discover the tragedy, Alyx crying over Eli, you brushing aside the medics to get to her, Alyx embracing you as they take Eli away, Eli's funeral, mission planning, the return of Barney, arguments over whether the Borealis should be destroyed or used, mission planning, Alyx sitting of a bed talking to you (sentimental stuff). These scenes would contain stuff like this in fairly short clips, but you would get a very clear idea of what happened after the attack. Also, Valve could introduce new concepts like character interaction.
Any way, the scenes would end and you would wake up in a bed on the morning of your departure this is where the game play starts. Gordon was dreaming/remembering the past few days events.

I like that idea, but the problem is that Valve will never leave Gordon's perspective, and if it were a cinematic from Gordon's eyes it would be weird. I don't care about the rest, I just want Gordon to wake up a few minutes later on a bed or something, obviously having received medic attention. Alyx must be there, and she must be worried. I DEMAND IT! ><

Because after being dropped like that I can only imagine that he'd receive brain trauma, as he fell on the floor on his back, and Alyx landed safely on her feet, I presume. So, gordon blacking out after Alyx started crying seems most likely.

Yeah sure, Gordon receiving brain trauma, but then he'll got shot left and right by Combine soldiers and be fine with a medkit. The blacking out was definitely the fade to the credits anyway.

Yeah sure, Gordon receiving brain trauma, but then he'll got shot left and right by Combine soldiers and be fine with a medkit. The blacking out was definitely the fade to the credits anyway.

Well, there's an important quote that comes to mind... I think it's something like, "It's just a game." or something... Can't say for sure.

;)

I know that, yeah. I just think that he won't have brain trauma because Gordon is the man. 8)

I think the game will begin what what was we get reacurring events of what has happen we see that Gordon's mind as he is expericing a near death as he fell from the 10 foot drop giving him a seriuos head injury with a couple of broken ribs.

He's getting flashes of people surronding him and events that have happen at black mesa as he remembers fighting marines we get a clear pictures of them and running out of the test chamber to swear to have caught a glimpse of a man entering it.

I think here we get a interruption by the gamn who doesn't want to spoil a things for Mr freeman or blahh blaahh naw naw

we hear a heart beat and a Vortigaunt yell "The Freeman Awakes!!" abunch of noise occurs we get a blurry picture of the ceiling with a few fades of black and the ceiling again but it becomes blurry the camrea autmaticl looks to the left seeing a white robe

Dr. Kleiner: Gordon? Gordon? Thank goodness you recovered!!

Vortigaunt: The freeman is a strong one. We refused to let him die...

Dr. Kleiner: Your vision is alitle blurry Gordon here let me help you...

a pair of black rimms with the center being clear shows gordon's clear vision again. He still cannot sit up but can see all around him.

Dr. Kleiner: Your HEV suit shatter in the fall I'm afaird your ribs would've brust out of your skin if it wasn't for that suit. We mang-

Barney: SHUT UP DOC!!! Gordon?

we see barney's face hovering above an alyx's too

Alyx: Ohhh thank god!! Gordon!!....i thought....oh god...

Barney: Alyx calm down, lets help gordon sit up.

Alxy and Barney rush on ether side of Gordon each taking a arm and a shoulder bushing gorodn to sit up.

Barney: There you go buddy.

Alxy: Don't try to walk around yet gordon. We need you to take it easy.

Dr. Kleiner: We need to check your blood for toxic active. The hev suites chambers shatter spilling allot of fulids that contacted with your skin. We just want to make sure you don't have any of these fulids in your system

Barney: Gordon! I want to introduce you to someone, he took out one of those adviors and carried you to the lab.....

we soon see a blonde headed man in gordon's view he's muscule built with what looks to be a dublicate of a metro cop suit

"Hello Dr. Freeman, I'm Adrian Shephard"

and blah blah the beat hgoes on

Dr. Kleiner: Your HEV suit shatter in the fall I'm afaird your ribs would've brust out of your skin if it wasn't for that suit....

Wouldn't it be cooler if his ribs did burst out of his skin, though. Imagine..

Barney: God damnit Gordon your crowbar's stuffed! Where am I supposed to...Wait a minute *reaches down and rips out one of your ribs*. This sould do the trick!
Gordon: ..
Alyx: Hey! Great idea barney. *rips out another rib and throws it to Dog, who starts chewing on it*. Thanks for saving my ass Dog!
Kleiner: *rips out a rib* I can use this to find out why your mute.. *rips out a few more ribs* and you guys can take these with you, in case you need any running repairs on the chopper.
Barney: Everyone wins!

How great would that be?

Meh.Adrian would only return if g-man wanted because he's detained by him and i guess g-man isn't interested.He would only return in a another Hl-universe game.

Wouldn't it be cooler if his ribs did burst out of his skin, though. Imagine..

Barney: God damnit Gordon your crowbar's stuffed! Where am I supposed to...Wait a minute *reaches down and rips out one of your ribs*. This sould do the trick!
Gordon: ..
Alyx: Hey! Great idea barney. *rips out another rib and throws it to Dog, who starts chewing on it*. Thanks for saving my ass Dog!
Kleiner: *rips out a rib* I can use this to find out why your mute.. *rips out a few more ribs* and you guys can take these with you, in case you need any running repairs on the chopper.
Barney: Everyone wins!

How great would that be?

That's pretty sick, dude. Lol.

I don't know, there was a lack of blondes in the game there least has to be one! or maybe he can be a skin head
Don't know.

he be dishwasher blonde or brunett

I doubt that Gordon would be hurt from such a small fall, after all, like some of you said, he has survived being trampled by hunters, shot by Combine soldiers and headhumped silly by headcrabs. However it did seem as if he was hurt, the viewfield was askew and you were laying down imobilized on the floor looking upon the scene infront of you. Then the fade out.

Personally i think it would be lame if the game just started again with Gordon opening his eyes and Alyx still crying over BLANK. In my oppinion it would be cool with a small intro cutscene showing Dr. Kleiner, Magnusson and other Rebels rushing in to the Hangar helping Alyx up, saying "It's too late, he's gone", you know that sort of stuff. They would stand over Gordon and ask if he's okay. Everything from Gordons perspective of course. Gordon would faint again perhaps. Some flashes of him laying in a bed, Dr. Kleiner, Alyx, Barney and company standing over him. Some flashes of the burial of BLANK in perhaps a forest clearing. Then after this small intro you wake up in the helicopter flying low over northern landscapes with pinetrees and white patches of snow on the ground. You would have control over Gordon again and the first chapter would begin.

My 5 cents. Cheers :)

Dude,he's not a horse.

Haha, true. I just mean that i can picture the scene in my head, it's been used in other games as well. You know, from Gordons point of view. Everything is blurry, the sound is distorted and weak. He opens his eyes a bit to see Kleiner and company but then passes out again. Classic ^^

You have to show gordon is human

he isn't super human anymore with the gman not able to keep him in his range and does anybody remeber the stuff breen told gordon?

I'm not going to remind you play the game again and remember...

breen talked to gordon for half a ****ing hour, what part of it has to do anything with gordon not being super human?

he mentions gordons youth,ablities and how stupid he was with his cereer path with etc

Norn said:
he mentions gordons youth,ablities and how stupid he was with his cereer path with etc
umm, what are we arguing about again?
he isn't super human anymore with the gman not able to keep him in his range and does anybody remeber the stuff breen told gordon?
oh I get it, your writen sentence after "and" has absolutely nothing to do with the previous part of it, right?

We know that Gordon doesn't sleep, he just gets knocked unconscious so his need for lots of sleep coupled with Advisor injuries(?) (and other injures obv) may just means hes out for a while, possilbe starting off with Alyx landing the chopper somewhere, or the chopper being knocked out of the sky somewhere

Gordon has bad luck.resonnce whatever at black mesa,gman capture fail,teleporter fail,teleporter fail 2,breen capture fail,core fail,train wreckage fail,white inn fail,eli fail.

Gordon has bad luck.resonnce whatever at black mesa,gman capture fail,teleporter fail,teleporter fail 2,breen capture fail,core fail,train wreckage fail,white inn fail,eli fail.

Resonnance Cascade

and yeah... nearly everygthing he rides in breaks...teleports...the car from Ep2, 1 or 2 elevators...maybe thats why he walks so much

Resonnenc whatever;)

and yeah... nearly everygthing he rides in breaks...teleports...the car from Ep2, 1 or 2 elevators...maybe thats why he walks so much

Hell yea,even striders break and rocket almost breaks

I never saw the black-out screen as Gordon actually losing consciousness, just as the game ending.

Back