The ending/Episode Three opening (spoilers obviously)

I'm pretty sure that the Combine Advisor that attacked destroyed the helicopter, right?

By the way, I wish Eli didn't die. He was going to reveal the big secret behind the G-Man when we were in the control room.

Also, I can't wait to go to that Caperture ship. It's really cool to see Caperture from Portal to be with Half-Life. Really cool.

no they did not destroy the helicopter. and it is Aperture, the symbol before the name is not a 'C'.

no they did not destroy the helicopter. and it is Aperture, the symbol before the name is not a 'C'.

You redeemed your grammar with your response. However next time I expect more vehemence.

LOL! that is true. my grammar does tend to be inconsistent. Any way, we were talking about Alyx and her personality....

*deleted*
Even though I thought it was good, Didn't want to look like an idiot, from TRUE HL fans.

No offence, but I feel that is a stupid opening and will never happen.

One thing that might happen is Alyx simply asking Gordon to catch a few hours of sleep in the back of the chopper, thus achieving the desired effect.

I wouldn't worry about fuel, though, Magnusson was able to design an easily manufacturable self-powered device teleporters, I'm sure he is able to find a way to power the helicopter.

I wouldn't worry about fuel, though, Magnusson was able to design an easily manufacturable self-powered device teleporters, I'm sure he is able to find a way to power the helicopter.

Yea that makes sense. and Nathan your opening, I think, is best place within the game not at the opening.

Here's how I imagine the beginning will go.

-Game either picks up directly from the end of Ep. 2 or Gordon wakes up a few hours/minutes later.(I'm still undecided as to whether he blacked out at the end of Ep.2 or if the game just 'ended')

-All the major characters briefly mourn Eli's death. Alyx decides to honor his final wish to destroy the Borealis. Possible conflict with Kleiner who might want to benefit from its technology instead.

-Alyx, Gordon, and perhaps Barney board the helicopter and take off. Gordon sits on a chair and falls asleep. Possible G-man scene here.

-Gordon wakes back up when the helicopter is within a short distance of the Borealis. Helicopter lands/crashes/whatever and game properly begins.

Not exactly special or amazing, but Valve is known to keep their storytelling clean and simple.

-Game either picks up directly from the end of Ep. 2 or Gordon wakes up a few hours/minutes later.(I'm still undecided as to whether he blacked out at the end of Ep.2 or if the game just 'ended')

-All the major characters briefly mourn Eli's death. Alyx decides to honor his final wish to destroy the Borealis. Possible conflict with Kleiner who might want to benefit from its technology instead.

-Alyx, Gordon, and perhaps Barney board the helicopter and take off. Gordon sits on a chair and falls asleep. Possible G-man scene here.

-Gordon wakes back up when the helicopter is within a short distance of the Borealis. Helicopter lands/crashes/whatever and game properly begins.

Not exactly special or amazing, but Valve is known to keep their storytelling clean and simple.

Sounds good.

I like it.

I approve.

I had an idea...I'm no writer, so bear with me...

It will start up exactly where it left off, Gordon on the floor, Alyx sobbing over Eli. Alyx will slowly sit up, weeping. She'll look down at Eli, then at Gordon. She'll whisper, "Gordon," look at D0G, then back at Eli. Magnussen and Kleiner will run into the room, Magnussen demanding to know what all the fuss is about. They'll see the scene and stop in their tracks, Kleiner saying, "My God!" or something to that effect. Alyx, still looking at Eli, will just say, "Advisors..." Alyx would then kiss Eli's forehead, stand up and say, "Gordon, we have to go. Now. D0G, watch after everyone." Then you both run to the helicopter. Alyx hesitates closing her door, looking at Eli, then she looks at Kleiner and Magnussen and says something like, "Keep him safe (meaning like, store his corpse somewhere). We'll be back as soon as we can." Then she closes her door and starts up the chopper. "Hang on Gordon. This is going to be a hell of a ride."

THEN.

Gordon falls asleep and there is a GMan scene. Wake up in the arctic. :)

Hello! I'm new! I've been a huge fan of the Half-Life series for a while. :)

Anyways, I think that Episode 3 will begin right where Ep 2 left off: Alyx weeping over Eli's dead body. Almost right when you enter the game and see Alyx weeping over Eli, eveyrthing freezes and the Gman appears and explains at least SOMETHING about his relations with Alyx and Eli and talks about his dissapointment (or maybe gratitude... you can never tell with the Gman) over Eli's death. After he's done talking with you, you return to normal time with Alyx weeping and then Magnusson and Kleiner walk in.

blah blah blah, they're all very sad. Perhaps a ceremony takes place (maybe with the Vortigaunts?), and then Alyx says she wants to go up to the Borealis and destroy it for her father. Kleiner suggests not to destroy it but Alyx refuses and in her frantic state (after watching her father get killed) almost leaves in the helicopter on her own. Kleiner and Magnusson finally convince her to at least take Gordon with her and she allows you to go with her.

You take the gun and she pilots. Keep in mind she is gonna be a crying, angry mess for much of the begining. The first level is basically you fighting Combine helicopters and gunships and maybe striders on the ground (possibly some morter synths since they can fly!) and making stops every now and then for gas and repairs (where you will fight enemies on the ground). On one stop, Gordon gets knocked out somehow and Alyx drags him on the copter (maybe you're semi-aware of this, everything's blurry and dizzy). You wake up and you're at or near the arctic!

What do you think? I made most of that up right now, but I kind of like it :)

Ooh wouldn't it be cool if, during you're flight, you see another city (or two) with a citidel and you can see explosions and whatnot to show that uprisings are going on in every city?

This, but with D0g following the chopper by foot. You gotta have D0g. Especially seeing as if he was to come along he'd be a constant companion for the episode. Which would be indeed awesome.

This, but with D0g following the chopper by foot. You gotta have D0g. Especially seeing as if he was to come along he'd be a constant companion for the episode. Which would be indeed awesome.

I forgot about d0g! Honestly, he probably will hardly be in Episode 3. I doubt he could run with an incredibly fast helicopter, and the copter will probably go over obstacles that would be nearly impossible for dog to dodge, like bodies of water and mountains.

I agree with everything lord_raken said about actively interacting with the characters (see first few pages). I don't know about the rest of you, but I certainly felt a desperate need to comfort Alyx after the "stalker incident" following the train crash in ep1...

Oh, and Apocalypse89's intro and Ubik's chopper ride get a massive :thumbs:

I forgot about d0g! Honestly, he probably will hardly be in Episode 3. I doubt he could run with an incredibly fast helicopter, and the copter will probably go over obstacles that would be nearly impossible for dog to dodge, like bodies of water and mountains.

Dang, you prove a point. But then again, he supposedly could ride the chopper? Nnnnnyyyyeeeeaaahhh....nnnnnyyyeaaaahhhhnnnnaaahhh. I guess I just want D0g there.

Oh, and:

gm_flatgrass0065.jpg

Episode 3 much?

LOL @ that picture. That probably won't happen. at least not like that.

Dang, you prove a point. But then again, he supposedly could ride the chopper? Nnnnnyyyyeeeeaaahhh....nnnnnyyyeaaaahhhhnnnnaaahhh. I guess I just want D0g there.

Oh, and:

gm_flatgrass0065.jpg

Episode 3 much?

Gmod much?

lol @ the pic

and like I said before, I hope that's how it happens. I'd love to see some nice air combat in Ep3. I also really want to see the Morter Synths in action to see what they can do.

Hmmm...let me guess...
Combine Advisor enters the area.
He pins all the people to the walls and float towards Gordon.
He starts to speak,but only Gordon may hear him.
"Gordon Freeman, what an end."
This is Wallace Breen's voice.
"The One Free Man who scared an army.Do you know who your employers are?Do you know what you've done?"
The dream is over.Gordon opens his eyes.
He sees Alyx sobbing over Eli's body.Everything seems safe now.
He walks to Alyx and says: ".... .... ... .... .... ..!".He looks at her.
She catches the look and understands everything he said.

P.S.Half-Life must have the connection with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.Where Gordon is dead.

P.P.S.I'm curious if there would be a Half-Life 2:Lost Character where you play as Barney Calhoun and must get out of the City 17 alive.

The ep3 beggining will probably start with gman talking aboard the borealis and after that scene gordon will wake up aboard the chopper.

I finished it today but still dont know what idea to have

what if gordon wake up from unconsiousnes but everyone is in a hurry cuz the whole remaining combine forces are about to launch a massive attack on the base so everyone is moving quickly around,kliener and magnusson and everyone are discussing loudly about what to do and then due to the circustances they decide to evacuate gordon in a safe way so he can get to the borealis,and in one moment we will find alyx near the body of eli which will not be mourned cuz they have to move quickly so alyx will have to leave the body of eli behind problably in the same place it died
and then you go whit a emotive but decided alyx trough a special rout of the base so the main combine force dont find you and it will be like the beggining of halflife2 where you scape from kleiners lab and the combines are around in high places chasing you

There wont be any major attack in the area, I mean its a miracle enough as it is that the Combine managed to regroup and launch an attack as big as that on White Forest.

What we saw on the attack on White Forest was the remnants of an already crippled force trying to achieve a last ditch effort to stop them closing the Superportal and their reinforcements. They were battered, the only forces left in the area will be random Combine advisors, like the ones that went in and killed Eli.

The only plausable explanation to more Combine in the area is that one of the closer Citadels were alerted and they sent help, but in the Citadel's destruction, the entire comms was cut off so that isnt plausable either.

As for the EP3 start, it does seem like there will be a brief blackout from the way it blackened out of EP2, I think that would be a great time to have a moment with the G-Man saying a few words on Eli's death or something, and then awakening shortly after the actual killing of Eli, still at the base but I cant say the circumstances. All I do know is that there will not be any funeral for Eli, as they were heading out to aid Mossmann and that will still remain an asap prority, Alyx will be heart-broken but I can tell she will be raving to get on with it and finish the job her father set her out to do, she will be wanted revenge.

Well... my beginning would be:

Gordon wakes up in an room in White Forest. As he makes he's way to Kleiner (who explained what happend after Eli died), he told Gordon that he should go and get ready for the helicopter flight. After he went to Alyx's room he went to go and get his weapons, which he put in a security room just before he went to rest. But as he makes way way to the room, there is some sort of big explosion in the room or lab next to the security room, and all of Gordon's weapons are destroyed or something. Then the Combine attacks and Alyx and Gordon quickly goes to the helicopter and escapes while the other rebels take care of the Combine. And then they go the the Borealis.....

So there's my beginning. Comments are welcome haha

This will be the third time I've posted this... but wtf, I think it holds a lot of good ideas. :)

I'd like the episode to open with Gordon fading out of darkness on the bottom bunk of a bed, Alyx next to him, holding his hand, seeing tears on her cheeks. She looks at Gordon as he turns his head to her, the look on her face worth a million words. Excitement, happiness, relief, all that good stuff. Gordon sits up and finds his crowbar and gg on the ground next to his bed.

"I think they put the rest of your weapons in the chopper." Alyx says. "Oh, Gordon, thank god you're okay. I thought I'd lost you too..."

The look on her face shows her embarrassment, and she shyly picks at her locket again. Gordon can tell, after realizing what she was doing, she is overcome by grief. The look on her face changes, she appears to be on the verge of tears. She remembers her dad when she touches it. Bravely, she wipes her eyes with her arm.

"Sorry." she says. "We should probably get going. The sentries said they spotted more combine heading this way. We have to leave before they can get close enough to shoot us down."

As they walk out of the room, in the hallway there are shrieks of pain and grief. The news has just finally reached the ears of the resistance. Alyx appears distant as you walk past a sobbing couple (you know the two I mean.) She seems to walk a bit faster as you pass the garage, into the control room. Kliener looks up as they enter the room. Sitting on the couch he seems to be trying to say something. He can't get the words out, but instead he stands up and walks over to Alyx. He puts his hands on her shoulders, she's still fiddling with her locket. The Doctor gently shakes her. Alyx look up at him from the corner of her eye as he speaks.

"Alyx, are you ready?" he asks (Something along those lines, I've never been good with dialogue.)
"Yes..." She says, quietly. "We're ready."
"Then you must go, now, quickly. There is no telling how much time we have."

Alyx and Gordon say goodbye and head back to the hangar. On their way they are passed by a group of people who seem to be carrying something. they cannot see what it is, but many are sobbing. It could only be a stretcher with his body on it. Alyx turns to the opposite wall, and tries her best to keep from looking at her father. Gordon can't control himself, he puts an arm around her. She hugs him, sobbing, he seems to consul her quickly, she isn't used to getting much attention from him. Amazingly, she smiles at him, for the first time in the last few hours she really looks happy. Tears in her eyes, she turns and continues to walk with Gordon. On their way, Magnussen passes by. He is hanging his head, and looks over to Alyx. He remains silent, he just keeps walking, and turns away. This seems to not effect Alyx now. She is only concerned with the task ahead. When they reach the hangar, there are many resistance members gathered around in a circle at the bottom of the elevator. They appear to be there to aid in the takeoff, yet their presence couldn't hope to keep onlookers from seeing the pools of blood on the floor. Some of it yellow, most of it Maroon. Alyx is fiddling with her locket again. She looks to the ground as if there is something there for her.

"You ready to go?" says one of the men.

There isn't a response.

"Well... The chopper's ready for you. Freeman, your weapons are in the back. I still can't tell how you carry all of them at once... you would have been good at smuggling."

Not realizing the bad timing, the man's joke was ignored. Taken aback, he carries on.

"Right... Well, Alyx, I'm not sure how much experience you have in the sky, but you'll be flying. You'll only be in for 2 hours, so you've got plenty of gas. Good luck to you both, and... Miss Vance... I'm sorry..."

Slowly, Alyx climbs in the chopper, Gordon close behind her. The chopper blades fire up as Gordon grabs his gear. He goes to sit in the cockpit with Alyx, as he peeks his head in he hears a sob. He sits down next to Alyx, and trying to be tough, she wipes her eyes and smiles at Gordon. The chopper lifts off, and as the hanger draws farther away, the blood seems to disappear. It's behind them now. The real fight has just begun.

^ I like it. Very good and would fit the setting and mood. Except the part of Gordon putting his arm around Alyx. I dont really see that happening. Maybe the other way around though

My theory is that the game starts out several weeks or months later, in a makeshift rebel base, with Gordon Freeman coming out of a coma. The Stalkers, Hunters, and Advisors would surely have tipped the Combine off, causing the destruction of White Forest. It could also be the excuse to be not-too-far from the Borealis at the start of the game, instead of having to take a hours-long helicopter ride.

I doubt it would be weeks or months later seeing as everything that's happened post-HL2 took place over 5 or so days (with 3 weeks in transit).

Well, just because it never happened before, doesn't mean it can't happen. Of course, I'm not really expecting it to.

Back