The Escapist - Zero Punctuation - Orange Box Review

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
One of my favourite reviewers, Ben Croshaw aka Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation fame has reviewed the Orange Box, this is a very humerous must watch review.[br]Warning - Contains Strong Language.[br]
<embed src="http://update.videoegg.com/flash/proxy.swf?jsver=1.4" FlashVars="gc=c2hvd0FkPXRydWUmYWRWYXJzPWFyZWE9Z2FtZXMmc2l0ZT1lc2NhcGlzdG1hZ2F6aW5lJmZpbGU9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnNlbGZzZXJ2ZTMwMCUyRWRvd25sb2FkJTJFdmlkZW9lZ2clMkVjb20lMkZnaWQzODklMkZjaWQxMzg5JTJGOFElMkZCTSUyRjExOTI0NTAxMTB1V0NKdjNQRElBbHlFdHhJQ1VjYSZzd2ZwYXRoPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ1cGRhdGUlMkV2aWRlb2VnZyUyRWNvbSUyRmZsYXNoJTJGcHJveHklMkVzd2YlM0Zqc3ZlciUzRDElMkU0JmF1dG9QbGF5PWZhbHNlJnNob3dBZFByaW1hcnk9dHJ1ZSZ3bW9kZT13aW5kb3cmYWxsb3dGbGFzaDlGdWxsc2NyZWVuPXRydWU=" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" scale="noscale" wmode="window" name="VE_Player" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>​

Love this guy. So true about the seesaw puzzle. Just cuz its bigger doesn't make it better. And the portal review was right on.

funniest prick in the gaming(review) industry. Spot on with the Portal review, but I think EP2 is still great and TF2 is just... I <3 it(needs new maps though).

****ing hilarious!!! As for the review...

nail.
head.

Fill in the blanks :)

Best review I've EVER seen!

And I totally agree with every single one of his points about Ep2.
And every single point he made about TF2.
And lastly every single point he made about Portal which I'm - Playing Over Repeated Time And Laughing

Is it spoilery at all? I haven't played Episode 2 yet and won't be playing it until December...

Is it spoilery at all? I haven't played Episode 2 yet and won't be playing it until December...

The only thing it tells you is where the hunter/strider battles occur. Nothing really spoilery.

And as I agree with a lot of his points, doesn't mean I don't <3 them any less.

Brutally honest and funny. :cheers:

I completely agree about that Dr. M guy that just appeared out of no where. He joined the series as fast as barney disappeared. :thumbs:

For ****s sake if the Escapist is going to remove the youtube version they should at least have the decency to put up good servers. The ****ing video's take ages to load.
edit: the video on their page loads a shitlaod faster the embedded one here.

What is this amateur hour? You shouldn't be embedding their videos but linking to their site. Without the direct hits the Escapist don't benefit for the advertising revenues. Less hits = less money = less Yatzee. Hell you don't even credit the escapist at all..

Brilliant! He sums the OB up nicely, no punches pulled, and yes...

PORTAL Rocks!

I hadn't started Ep2 yet and I didn't feel anything was particularly spoiled for me. He says a bit about the types of puzzles, a bit about a new character and where they came from (could be a spoiler depending on how well you've avoided Ep2 spoilers thus far, but I'd vaguely heard about it) and describes which parts of the game are epic without actually saying how or why.

I hadn't started Ep2 yet and I didn't feel anything was particularly spoiled for me. He says a bit about the types of puzzles, a bit about a new character and where they came from (could be a spoiler depending on how well you've avoided Ep2 spoilers thus far, but I'd vaguely heard about it) and describes which parts of the game are epic without actually saying how or why.

If you've seen any of the more recent trailers then you'll be aware of the new character tbh. I wouldn't say it's particularly spoilery either.

Not at all considering he is introduced damn quickly.

What is this amateur hour? You shouldn't be embedding their videos but linking to their site. Without the direct hits the Escapist don't benefit for the advertising revenues. Less hits = less money = less Yatzee. Hell you don't even credit the escapist at all..

Kadayi, look at the title and the opening lines of the news post, give a link to it properly as well :)

Hes realy funny and dead on on most of his reviews. Don't know if ive seen all thou.

Who here wants to bet that Yahtzee was bribed with cake to review Portal positively? :p Doesn't he know that the cake is a lie?

Seriously though, I was pleasantly surprised when he gave the thumbs up to Portal :D Jeep was apparently worried about how the fast-talking critic would treat their game :p

i watched this dudes other video's he is hte funniest guy i ever heard

Ha, that was tremendous. I think I like this guys reviewing most of all not because of the wit or presentation, but the fact he doesn't really give a shit about who made the game, what audience the game is for or what exactly the game boasts, but whether or not it'll hold his interest.

I wonder if he'll ever have to cleave his own eyes out though.

Although some of his points are exaggerated for the review to be more funny, I can't but notice he was especially soft on Valve. As much as I like their games, a satirical review like this could had been a lot harsher.

You know what rules?

forkflipoff.bmp

This rules.

Best no-context-required anim frame ever.

It's simple. Guy at computer gets rather nasty message/ sees something nasty.

Except that's not what it was.

Yahtzee givin' the finger to the people who think he's being to nice and swears he'll stab his eyes out if he says there's nothing wrong with a game again.

Back