The female Bieber sensation

I liked the part where the lady was all "Let me read some of these hateful comments to you. This song sucks, worst song ever. Even deaf people hate it. I hate her voice. So how does that make you feel?"
Then the lady makes her say, on national television, what the worst comment was and if it made her cry.

Solid journalism.

To be frank, that video totally unsettled me. The amount of prying that they were doing to make it about cyberbullying was completely shameless... the girl is ****ing 13 years old. It's worse than all the anonymous harassment.

No hes just doing it to make you respond to him, since you seem to like to.

BAM

amHqe.png

So you do know who he is.

This is out of the blue, but were you watching the GSL finals where July played MC? I noticed you made a snide comment about the forcefield thing on the blizzard forums.

And I agree with that comment.

Carry on.

I don't understand how dubstep can be so popular

Is it popular? I only just heard of it a few days ago, and I've been into electronica for 15 years. Then again I tend to stick with the stuff I like. I just thought it was funny that someone made a decent dubstep remix of the song.

Somehow even more abhorrent than the original, hurrah.

so your saying, you'd rather listen to the original Firday than the dubstep? eh, to each their own i guess

just a question about the Friday song... how did it get so popular? I know it was featured on Tosh.0, but was that the reason for the popularity? I mean, there's a ton of shitty teen pop wannabe videos out there.. why this one?

This is out of the blue, but were you watching the GSL finals where July played MC? I noticed you made a snide comment about the forcefield thing on the blizzard forums.

And I agree with that comment.

Carry on.

Uh probably not, you might have mistaken for me another Danimal! I'm not the only one.

just a question about the Friday song... how did it get so popular? I know it was featured on Tosh.0, but was that the reason for the popularity? I mean, there's a ton of shitty teen pop wannabe videos out there.. why this one?

It's fascinatingly terrible. People love a good train wreck.

Honestly, I'm not surprised by its success at all. I was cringing through the entire thing, but I don't regret having seen it for a second. It's so bad that, in it's own way, it's genuinely entertaining.

Edit: And if you feel like watching her stumble around her own weird-ass lyric placement -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jtVtSTr070

The song does what its meant to do and thats to be catchy. The only thing that makes the song bad is the lyrics. If a professional record producer was to get their hands on the song, they would have revised the lyrics I'm sure. It's really your average catchy pop song like Miley Cyrus, Beiber, and everything else these days. It's really in my opinion not the worst song I've ever heard. Musically I think it's great for a kids pop song. Perhaps it could be making a statement about how the lyrics in pop songs dont matter, but instead the music is all that people want to hear.

The song does what its meant to do and thats to be catchy. The only thing that makes the song bad is the lyrics. If a professional record producer was to get their hands on the song, they would have revised the lyrics I'm sure. It's really your average catchy pop song like Miley Cyrus, Beiber, and everything else these days. It's really in my opinion not the worst song I've ever heard. Musically I think it's great for a kids pop song. Perhaps it could be making a statement about how the lyrics in pop songs dont matter, but instead the music is all that people want to hear.

It wasn't popular at all before it went viral. That's the thing, it and the other videos by similar girls only got popular because of how terribly they're written. Bieber and friends have at least marginally good songs for their target audience. These are just plain bad.

It's song about driving around and partying on a friday night written by a 13 year old. You tell me the target audience. :p

I guess when you have peers that blow that much smoke up your ass you'll believe anything you do is great. Looking at those kids reacting while she was singing like it was the best thing they had ever heard was funny.

They've enabled likes and dislikes. 19822 like it. Does not compute.

According to that, one in ten people actually like this song. Youtube statistics do not lie.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, here's Justin Bieber, Sigur Ros'd:

Well then why don't you link it so I can turn my nose up at it already.

As an April Fool's prank, my manager played the song on repeat at work yesterday. For eight. Hours. Straight.

Back