The hardest game levels you've ever played?

RAYMAN.

rayintro.jpg

Son of a bitch that game is impossible.

In Farcry, the Mercs were easy enough to dispatch as long as they didn't have a minigun. When the Larger trigens entered, it just went down hill from there.

Argh, Psi Ops was hard when you played it on hard difficulty. THen again I bet none of you have even played it =)

But I heard that the heardest level was in the first Mario&donkey Kong game with like some fire or something.

Oh yeah, hardest game to beat:

The Sims. It just never stops.

Argh, Psi Ops was hard when you played it on hard difficulty. THen again I bet none of you have even played it =)

But I heard that the heardest level was in the first Mario&donkey Kong game with like some fire or something.

I KNOW. Dude, have you beaten the sims yet? I've been playing for like 600 days but I can't beat it! All my Sims have infinity moneys and the best stuff but it wont say YOU WIN.
WTF, is a glitched?

Metal Gear Solid where you have to fight 10+ of those stupid massive robots at the end, ridiculous. Could never do it.

8th level in Halo 3 on Legendary (solo, not coop). It's just stupidly hard. God I despise that level and everything about it.

Mercinaries Final mission, not THAT hard, but if you died you had to start all over again.

Man, I loved Psi-Ops

Every little thing about Ninja Gaiden for PS3. I died on level one 6 times. =(

RAYMAN.

rayintro.jpg

Son of a bitch that game is impossible.

It starts off so damn easy too. To lure you into a false sense of security. AND THAN BAM. It rapes you.

**** the art level. With those damn pencils. Oh god those pencils D:

Ive just remembered Metroid: Fusion for the GBA. Last part of that:

Defeat Boss.
Defeat mutated Boss.
Run down to ship, defeat new boss by basically keeping up an impossible rate of fire on a tiny weak point. You have about 20 seconds, whilst it inexorably flattens you against a wall.

No saves allowed.

Virtually impossible, never did it, then the save file got deleted somehow.

Those Aura Beasts were ****ing ridiculous, especially when you're out of Psi power and you can't detect them with the Aura View. The Pyro chick and The General were just jackasses on hard as well.

Best third person shooter ever amirite? ;)

I finally beat Nihilanth without cheating today. God, what a PITA.

Any Legendary level on Halo 3 singleplayer. Just... no.

Fallout 2: Gunning down the president. Took me six months to get back to the game and finish it properly. But boy, was I satisfied...

Half-Life: Nihilanth

Sin Episodes Emergence when it was first released, before they fixed the adaptive difficulty bug. That was insane. Kinda wish there was an option in the console to put the bug back in, so you could still show people how crazy it was

Half-life: Nihilanth I beat and didn't have any clue what I did.

Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII is just frustratingly stupidly long. Not hard, per se, just long. Like, I could have watched the entire non-extended Lord of the Rings trilogy while beating him. In fact, while fighting him, I did start and complete a movie. He's optional, of course.

One of the fights against Seymore in Final Fantasy X was incredibly hard. The one on the top of the mountain.

Both God of War games had very hard sections. Specifically, I remember one part, I don't remember which game, where you have to beat a bunch of enemies within a time limit before the floor opens and you lose, and in GoW2 the walkway immediately before Clotho.

Guitar Hero 2: Jordan

But Sin Episodes with the bug was the most unfair and frustrating gaming experience I can remember.

One of the fights against Seymore in Final Fantasy X was incredibly hard. The one on the top of the mountain.
Just run around charging up all your summon's limit breaks (or whatever they were called in that, don't recall exactly), cast haste on Yuna and throw them all at him. He has a spell that banishes summons, but you can get the attacks off in the same turn you summon them anyway.

Eeeeeasy peeeeasy.

Was that the fight with his crazy-hell-spawn-satanic-demon Aeon? I got stuck on that thing..
Dear god.. that think is sooo creepy..
Bloody eyes..
WTF.
Oh, basically all of Vice City.

Rainbox Six: Vegas. The (final) dam level is so goddamn annoying, I used a trainer just to get past it.

...what? Really?

The hardest for me was the final level of Far Cry, it's VERY ANNOYING. All of Rayman and Rayman Gold, Rayman 2 boss. Rayman 3 was too easy, and Raving Rabbits just sucks. I want another Rayman game as good as Rayman 2 was!

...what? Really?

The hardest for me was the final level of Far Cry, it's VERY ANNOYING. All of Rayman and Rayman Gold, Rayman 2 boss. Rayman 3 was too easy, and Raving Rabbits just sucks. I want another Rayman game as good as Rayman 2 was!

Well, I mean that the damned control scheme on the PC is so freaking annoying, its very, very hard to play.
I gave up and enabled flying cars and had some fun.

Well, I mean that the damned control scheme on the PC is so freaking annoying, its very, very hard to play.
I gave up and enabled flying cars and had some fun.

Uh.....?
The control scheme on the PC is flawless.

Was that the fight with his crazy-hell-spawn-satanic-demon Aeon? I got stuck on that thing..
Dear god.. that think is sooo creepy..
Bloody eyes..
WTF.

No, I didn't have trouble against the Seymore's aeon Anima. I think it may have been the first fight against Seymore. I may have just been underleveled. As I recall, his strategy was Zombie and curative spells.

Some of Marathon's levels were quite challenging. All depends on the difficulty of course.

I finally beat Nihilanth without cheating today. God, what a PITA.

Heh heh. Lots of votes for ol' Nili. Actually, I have a funny story about that: way back in the day when the original HL came out, I was over at a friend's house playing it. He'd allowed me to start a new game, but in the course of playing I accidentally erased his quicksaves of an ongoing battle with the Nihilanth (whom he still hadn't figured out how to kill). I guess this put him off playing the game to the extent that he simply never got back to it. Then, earlier this year when I finally got around to playing HL: Source, I sent him a letter informing him that I'd avenged him, at long last, by killing his old foe. I got the following reply:

Dear The Nihilanth,

Despite your heavy-sounding name, you are revealed to be what I suspected all along: a punk, good for nothing. Please be assured that if the probably-thousands of pieces of your exploded carcass are ever consolidated into a single grave, I'll be early in line to piss on it. The fact of your death thrills me.

Best,

Your old foe,

[my friend's name].

//CC: WH

I thought that was pretty classic.

Heh heh. Lots of votes for ol' Nili. Actually, I have a funny story about that: way back in the day when the original HL came out, I was over at a friend's house playing it. He'd allowed me to start a new game, but in the course of playing I accidentally erased his quicksaves of an ongoing battle with the Nihilanth (whom he still hadn't figured out how to kill). I guess this put him off playing the game to the extent that he simply never got back to it. Then, earlier this year when I finally got around to playing HL: Source, I sent him a letter informing him that I'd avenged him, at long last, by killing his old foe. I got the following reply:

Dear The Nihilanth,

Despite your heavy-sounding name, you are revealed to be what I suspected all along: a punk, good for nothing. Please be assured that if the probably-thousands of pieces of your exploded carcass are ever consolidated into a single grave, I'll be early in line to piss on it. The fact of your death thrills me.

Best,

Your old foe,

[my friend's name].

//CC: WH

I thought that was pretty classic.
I lol'd a bit in my mouth.

The last few levels of Earth Defense Force 2017 are damn near impossible on the Inferno difficulty unless you have your health almost maxed out and a powerful weapon like the Genocide Gun. The sheer numbers of enemies and amount of incoming firepower is ridiculous.

The Genocide Gun is godly.

Riddick Escape From Buger Bay.

Well I played the level where some underground type human mutants keep on attacking you from all directions, and you need to go outside the maze tunnels in a fixed time period.
I remember playing this level like 18 times, over and over until i found my exit from the maze tunnels.

I never found Nihilanth that bad. I beat it on my first playthrough without dieing.

I thought the majority of Zen sucked.

Well, when I say "sucked", I mean "still pretty good in comparison to most of the crap back then".

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow for the DS, end boss.

****ing christ.

Oh, the one level in Vice City where you have to pilot the RC helicopter and place the bombs in the building.
Freakin' impossible. Still trying. Would be easier with an analog stick..

Oh, the one level in Vice City where you have to pilot the RC helicopter and place the bombs in the building.
Freakin' impossible. Still trying. Would be easier with an analog stick..

That's not so much hard as it is dire and boring. It really hurts the games momentum.

I used a keyboard. You really just have to persevere until the controls click. Developing a knack for slicing those pesky construction workers with your rotors doesn't hurt either.

Back