The hardest game levels you've ever played?

Every level in Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations, it was insane.
C&C Red Alert was't that hard for me becuase I'm the Ultimate Commander of the Allied Army!

that damn portal he threw at you was terrible

Yep. That and those pretty powerful energy balls.

Truth be told, I still haven't beat that level without cheating.

Every level in Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations, it was insane.
C&C Red Alert was't that hard for me becuase I'm the Ultimate Commander of the Allied Army!

Red Alert 1 wasn't that hard, but it was harder than Red Alert 2. But some of the later levels could be challenging on harder levels.

I found mgs2 on extreme to be extremely hard, especially all the bosses, took me over a year to beat it, on and off though.

On the topic of difficulties, I recently clocked God of War on normal (finally), and went back to try it on god mode (the one after hard) for kicks. I died on the first encounter with the hydra inside the boat.

F*ck. That.

You can block almost every move in God of War you know? With the exception of one or two enemies with big weapons, you can block pretty much everything.

Yeah, but that means I have to pay attention :p

The only game that has stopped me at the last level was Advance Wars I (GBA) D:

Every... single Starcraft game I've ever attempted. :|

I kniow I should never have bought this game but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Melee. It was a budget title that never should have been released. The gameplay was horrendous, so they gave you the same enemy over and over, but they made him insanley harder every time. That game was just plain stupid.

The gonarch. How long does it ****ing take!?

Gonarch wasn't too bad. Just keep pummeling her with everything you have, avoid the spouts of toxic liquid and Big Mama herself.

Nihilanth was worse, so much worse.

The racing mission in Mafia, at least 50 attempts...

GTA games..I love them all, but rarely have the patience to persevere with them when the missions move from challenging to frustrating, esp given you can't just save then and there. When it takes you ten to fifteen minutes to just drive in game to a job, having it go tits up on you is hardly fun in my book.

Oh yeah, GTA 3. The mission where you have to shoot down whats-her-bitch in the helicopter on top of a building or something. I gave up trying to finish the game on that mission.

Really hate how they make you drive all the way across town to the mission sometimes, every single time you attempt it. This was even worse in Saint's Row. The final mission for the latino gang was ****ing ridiculous.

Company of Heroes AI beyond Normal gets a little bit out of hand, the computer can micromanage everything thats going on so you have people coming in from everywhere, rushing across the map, not to mention the pissing love for pioneers and engineers it has, continously cutting your supply lines.

Oh yeah, GTA 3. The mission where you have to shoot down whats-her-bitch in the helicopter on top of a building or something. I gave up trying to finish the game on that mission.

Wha, that was easy! Now, the one where you gotta lure those cars back and forth...well, that was awful.

I found mgs2 on extreme to be extremely hard, especially all the bosses, took me over a year to beat it, on and off though.

Never! Who would have thought it?

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic, I still haven't beaten that one particular level with the dragon(he stole mah baykuns!)... I CANT FREAKIN' KILL IT!!! and that girl keeps dying! Arg! :frown:

Anyone know? D:

The driving level in Battletoads for the NES. F**king ridiculous....

Also, the first time I played Metroid I about lost it. But grew to love it over the several months it took me to complete the damn thing.

Dark Messiah: Might and Magic, I still haven't beaten that one particular level with the dragon(he stole mah baykuns!)... I CANT FREAKIN' KILL IT!!! and that girl keeps dying! Arg! :frown:

Anyone know? D:

You don't kill it, you do what the "girl" says and use a trap door.

You don't kill it, you do what the "girl" says and use a trap door.
really? I killed it

but I had a shield that dealt lighting damage back to melee attacks, and it must have died from that
EDIT: Samon it's actually a pretty good game, and I had so much fun with the kicking and stuff.
EDIT2: My hardest level was all of Another World :p, but talking of recent, That level in Worlds Scariest Police chases (PS1) where you have to defuse 4 bombs having 1 minute for each. I broke a 3rd party PS1 pad with my frustration. Completed it now, though.

another one,

Ninja Gadien. Took a long time to master, but then it's awesome.

One of the later missions in Operation Flashpoint was ridiculous. Pretty much every level in Ninja Gaiden (I got 4 levels in before I gave up on the game). There was this one mission in GTA:SA where you have to fly a plane into the air, turn around at exactly the right time, and line up your plane behind a jet, jump OFF OF YOUR AIRPLANE ONTO THE JET thousands of feet in the air, kill the people on the plane, and fly the jet back to the airport you started from. Seriously, **** that mission. Also the "Learning to Fly" from the same game was a living hell too.

One mission in Hitman 2 Silent Assassin has you going into some desert town, assume your disguise and try to sneak through the city while carrying a huge sniper rifle, and assassinate a moving target. And in this game, the enemies get so suspicious if they see you running, that they just won't even ask questions and will just start shooting.

I thought the mission in VC with the airplane hijack was well easy. :| I did it first time.

The mission I hated was where Big Smoke was on the back of your bike trying to gun those guys on top of the train down. I ****ing hated that mission.

I didn't play Dark Messiah. I heard it was shit?

Yeh, I was put of by reviews too. The demo was fun so I might give it a shot when it's cheap as chips.

The mission I hated was where Big Smoke was on the back of your bike trying to gun those guys on top of the train down. I ****ing hated that mission.

yeah same, i actually think the game glitched for me on that one as i hadn't killed them all but the completion cutscene started playing when we got to the bridge, was glad as fook as it was taking me forever...

Many levels on Mafia. Most memorably the ones in the parking lot and the church.

Every operation in Medal of Honor: Airborne.

I could not for my life get past Der Flakturm without dying 40 times. That's just from trying to destroy the two arty cannons ffs. The end of Operation Market Garden was kinda ridiculous too.

Last part of Paper Mario 2. You had to fight 2 bosses in a row with no chance to heal and that "evil" Princess Peach was a right bitch.

Elite Beat Agents. It takes 20 tries to get past some songs, and yet, it's hardly ever frustraiting.

• Divided They Fall in Manhunt. That took forever to beat (although it remained cool to litter the hallways with skullfragments until the very last attempt).
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks in Manhunt. Not-getting your ass hammered by the SWAT in the beginning is damn near impossible.
  • Border Patrol in Manhunt. Bloody tough to get your hands on a rifle without alerting every guard in the bloody garden.
  • Freefall in GTASA, the mission where you have to board a private jet from your own kachunga-airplane. I must've tried that one hundreds of times (but succeeded in the end, thankfully)
  • Nihilanth in Half Life. Thank god for Quick Loading; the more effective way of dodging those damn teleporters :hmph:

Back