The hardest game levels you've ever played?

Lets see, Doom 2 on nightmare, last boss in Dark Messiah (took me forever to figure out what to do).

Oh, and finally the original Ghost Recon. Might be easy for some people, but for me its bloody impossible. I tried to set up all squads in ideal flanking positions, then have my squad advance down the middle. BAM! My guy drops and so does the rest of my squad. Eventually the other two squads die as well cause I'm trying to figure out where I was shot from! The radar shows one person, even though there are at least two more shooting at me! Bad times, man.

Oh, and that japanese boss.... that's.... that's just not fair, not fair....

Quite a few levels in the original ghost recon (duo't with my brother, no AI support) are crazy.

Rogue Spear mission 4, the bombed out city at night if you don't recall. Very hard with two people...

$th level of Knights & Merchants troubled me for the longest time, and a later one as well. One with a single bridge seperating your meager town from a large fortified city.

Heroic Mana Tombs (WoW) without good gear or decent resist on the tank...

Killing a Rosie Big daddy on Bioshock's hard difficulty without dying can be quite hard. Specifically: the one at the start of Neptune's Bounty.

Homeworld had more than a few tough levels.

Selucid Empire I think, on R:TW hardest difficulty... Surrounded and attacked by horse cavalry early on...

I'm having trouble thinking of more for some reason...

Oooh snap.. I got declared war on by everyone playing as the Seleucid Empire. When I play as any other country, they are ALWAYS the first to die. Unless I kill Greece first. Uhm... I don't think it counts as a level, but the early game of STALKER.. God, it took me 6 tries to take out that first camp with a freaking pistol. (The first time). It only took me 2 tries the second time.

My brother had a masochistic desire to win as them. He has yet to succeed.

I really hate playing anything but Rome or perhaps Carthage in R:TW though... the other factions just aren't very fleshed out. Medieval 2 is much better in that respect. Is anyone as hopeless as Selucid in M2?

Some of those R: TW scenarios owned me. They stack you against some incredible armies sometimes.

Oh yeah I forgot the scenarios. Especially the ones you historically lost. At least I think you lose some of them... not familiar with most of them.

I put some real effort into the Tutenberg? forest one, where you get raped by germans and failed utterly.

Yes I remember that one I think. The germans have waaaay more soldiers right, and its pretty much an ambush from all sides.

In GTA:SA there was one mission for the whiz kid guy where you had to fly a remote control airplane and drop bombs on messangers all around town. The whole thing was timed. I must have tried it atleast 30 times, and finally just said no thanks. The mission apparently wasn't required...

Also, Company of Heroes was all around hard. The Hill mission was possibly the hardest. If it wasn't for long range artillery and drop anywhere paratroopers I would not have been able to beat that. I used a lot of cheap tactics to beat that game. A few times I would just drop paratroopers in an enemy base right behind their MG nests and have the paras plan bombs on everything.

Also.... Roller Coast Tycoon. Seriously, that game was straight up hard. I think I made it to the "Carts and Coasters" level before losing interest.

Also.... Roller Coast Tycoon. Seriously, that game was straight up hard. I think I made it to the "Carts and Coasters" level before losing interest.

Really? Huh, as a kid I got pretty far in that, never thought it was too difficult. To each his own I guess.

*fires up Ghost Recon again*

Hope this hasn't already been posted but this game to mind instantly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvtREuu6yo[/youtube]

I want that level so damn bad, I want to try it..

I love the "Oh! Hey! Goomba! F*ck you!" lololol

Most of Gears of War on Insane, especially the fight with General RAAM (holy mother of f*ck he's a bastard) and areas that have lots of enemies and Emergence Holes. One thing that irked me is that the Corpser is so easy even on Hardcore and Insane that it's not even funny.

I played through Hardcore and then Insane on GoW with a friend (I don't have a 360), and RAAM took us a couple of hours to do. When we did beat him, though, we did it so easily :/

I thought DMC3 wasn't too bad except for the first and last boss fights.

@Infern0 - omfg.. On the vid it looks REALLY easy because it's all slow.. It's hard as f*cking shit when it's normal speed... god dammit, I got into the hole 1 time so far, and have died atleast 25-30 times.. In 5 minutes..

He's right when he says "Thank god I have W-blue-sky lives.. Shit."... F*ck it's hard..

EDIT: ok, so I got to the checkpoint, and died so many times I LOST ALL MY LIVES. F*ck I hate this shit, but I WILL BEAT IT. God dammit.

Hm, that sort of makes me want to give it a shot... If I had my emu software shit with me I might, but its not worth the trouble to re-download.

I Left my USB disk containing the most up-to-date version of my writing project, and travel games (emu'd nes/snes/n64, and a handful of Sierra adventure games) a few hundred miles away.

EDIT: Is google down for anyone else? If so, the end is ****ing nigh.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/13/1074094/Super Mario Forever.nes for those that want to try it. (I haven't checked it for any shit, however)

I'll pass on playing it myself though, heh, especially after having watched that vid and knowing what to do. There's also quite a few glitches, one of which lets you skip the last third or so.

Ah, I just died twice before even touching the first block. Long night here I come. =D

--
Jesu Christ I wish you guys could see how I'm ****ing up this game. it took me around 15 deaths to figure out how to stay on the first block. Second block here I come you son of a bitch.

The trick is to jump once your life display screen is done, for about half-a-second it'll be black, with nothing on screen, push JUMP at that point, which enables you to jump in mid air. Also, for the entire level, hold down the sprint button, never let it go.

EDIT: I can't get past the part (after the checkpoint) with the fire-stick and the jumpy platform.. f*ck.

I just hold the jump button before the round starts. I just made it passed blooper. =DDDD
it only took 10 minutes. YES.

--AAAHHH **** you invisible block! Even though I watched that video 1 times I can't remember where everythign is :/

Go To It - Nightmare.

You know what I'm talking about, you dirty little bitches.

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK!!!!!!

I MADE IT TO THE DAMN JUMPY PLATFORM AND DIDN'T GET THE SUPER JUMP AND F*CKING DIED F*CK F*CK F*CK!!! I HATE THIS GAME

I'm going to beat this son-of-a-bitch.

@Danimal - Are you talking about Doom? I made a thread about that, if you are indeed talking about Doom.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter has a pretty hard boss.

I couldn't beat it anyway.

Thanks Dog.

Gave up after a few minutes, haha. Doesn't help that I detest this genre in its entirety, though. Well, Psychnonauts kicked as, but Mario is not for me :p.

Well, I just ran out of lives. W blue sky apparently isn't that many. :/

Never made it passed the moving platform with the fire stick and the bouncy thing..

I got soooo far, just before the staircase that leads to the flag.. but I died... F*cking bullet bill.. F*ck him. I quit for tonight.

Metroid Prime - The length of area that stretched from the start of Phazon mines and the boss you get the super ball mines.

I spent god damn ages first on the two Pirate boss' and then on the Invisible boss thingy, ended up killing him with the normal ball mines because I didn't know what the **** to do. D:

Spyro - High Caverns and Tree Tops... Nuff said.

Tree level in B mode with Battletoads, 2 players

2nd last level of Rayman 2, too, much... flying D:

All of Zork Nemesis

AND THE DAMN HANDLING OF THE SNIPER IN MGSI

Abe Exodus. Restarted playing it over a dozen times and eventually gave up each time :|

A Core map on Total Annihilation, two maps before the last one for the Core Campaign.

Hard as ass, you had to beat a huge enemy (Arm) base on the other side of a mountain range, and getting started was such a challenge, suffering attacks left, right and centre, it was a wonder I could get anything done.

In the end, I realised they were solely after my Commander, so I trudged him up the far left side of the map, over the mountain, and all the way through the edges of the enemy base and sent him underwater in a handy lake (convenient), and just left the multitudes of enemy forces to fire their weapons at him ineffectually.

In the end, I slowly wiped out the huge enemy base, but it was ROCK.

Oh, and judicious capture of the enemy construction bots so they could build wonderful Annihilators.

I remember some of the last TA missions. It was ridiculous. Same with some of the Cataclysm and original homeworld missions. CoH was hard sometimes, too. D:

yea man homeworld had me beat for years actually. I couldn't do like the last two missions so I stopped playing for a couple years, one day I got bored started playing again and I was able to conquer it. But I don't think I've ever played a harder level.

yea man homeworld had me beat for years actually. I couldn't do like the last two missions so I stopped playing for a couple years, one day I got bored started playing again and I was able to conquer it. But I don't think I've ever played a harder level.

Last mission of Homeworld = Mine layers, lots and lots of mine layers. Every wave that moves on your Mothership gets knocked out by mines, you then use the rest of your forces plus the received reinforcements to knock out the enemy. Easy as pie, granted I gave up as a kid left the game for a few years, found another copy and bought that to finish the damn thing.

Last level on Homeworld is a piece of piss. Just steal half of the Ion Frigates from two missions before. Nothing can stop you.

that damn portal he threw at you was terrible

Back