the words you thought you'd never hear: Duke Nukem Forver gone GOLD!!!

lol, looking forward to it. I am subbed to your channel.

Really? Well, you're gonna find out what a northern numpty I sound then lol.

I've recorded up to the end of the first chapter which I think is where I'm going to leave it unless people want me to go on with it.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6TjXYuzUA

Just been playing some more. When you get your arse handed to you by

a three tittied pregnant lizard, after spending the last hour shooting babes knocked up with octobabies tied to Phallus shaped columns

then you realise the Duke is back lol.

^Shameless self-advertising!

Just kidding.

I am still on the border about whether or not to get this.

I've not really played through any Duke Nukem game aside from a third-person(I think it was) shooter on the PSX.

Was the demo a limited time offer or something? I can't find any place to download it from; also it's not available on Steam.

^Shameless self-advertising!

Just kidding.

I am still on the border about whether or not to get this.

I've not really played through any Duke Nukem game aside from a third-person(I think it was) shooter on the PSX.

Of course lol. Well I can say for sure that forever is infinitely better than the old PSX TPS games. However it's not a modern looking game by any means (though for me, the visuals are fine) and it really doesn't do anything new. Its just a fun game.

Was the demo a limited time offer or something? I can't find any place to download it from; also it's not available on Steam.

At the moment only those who bought Borderlands GOTY or pre-ordered at selected retailers can play it. It's called the "First Access Club". The demo should be available for everyone shortly, though they'd be better off making up a new one that reflects the game better.

What is this communist bullshit making the best country in the world ever wait longer than the sissies in Europe/Oceanic territories. **** off with that shit.

Only us Euro's can cope with Duke coming early!

Just started playing this myself, and I'm enjoying it so far. However I reached an annoying section where you have to pull the brake on a falling elevator, and lets just say the name of the level (Lady killer) is fitting LOL.

Some of the one liners had me laughing out loud, and left me with a big grin on my face. Eg: Drinking a beer and punching an alien while intoxicated followed by the line "Sit down and shut up!"

So yeah, my bro just got this today but I've been playing on it since he's been out at work. F*ck all the reservations everyone had and the moaning about minor nit-picks with the graphics, the game is fun as hell.

Playing the crap out of it and thoroughly enjoying it so far. Definitely not disappointed with it.

Duke gets drunk after ONE ****ING BEER.

This is not Duke Nukem.

TBH I love that IGN hate this, it's funny to see them give CoD ratings of 9+ every year then have a problem with Dukes gameplay. Then again IGN hasn't been credible for years. Anyone that can actually enjoy a brain dead shooter is enjoying this. None of us consider it the greatest game ever nor even worth the 14 years of waiting. I've been enjoying the hell out of this and I think I'm nearly at the end. The Hive was ****ing a fantastic level.

Oh, and for Shaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQBWK-MjLMM

You must be a glutton for punishment lol.

Also, the demo doesn't do the final game any justice at all.

Wow that looks boring. I'll give it a shot anyway.

Oh, and for Shaker:
You must be a glutton for punishment lol.

Nah, you have a quality all commentators should have: You don't talk during cutscenes etc. Plus it is funny to hear you chuckle at all the corny Duke jokes. :)

Can any Euro/Ocean faggles give me some MP impressions? Is it worth a shit?

Nah, you have a quality all commentators should have: You don't talk during cutscenes etc. Plus it is funny to hear you chuckle at all the corny Duke jokes. :)

Yeah, my humour is very infantile :D.

Can any Euro/Ocean faggles give me some MP impressions? Is it worth a shit?

Not played it yet though I know they seem to be happy with the gameplay on the Duke forums, though seemingly the dedicated server options are a joke and there is a spot of lag.

Hmm, no way I'll buy this full-price, but I've seen some stores in the UK where the prices of the game are already dropping.

but I've seen some stores in the UK where the prices of the game are already dropping.

Rly? LOL

my bro will be happy he still wants this POS :|

Duke gets drunk after ONE ****ING BEER.

This is not Duke Nukem.

I did notice this. But then I was all like, hey, maybe it's Duke beer and it's 95%.

Here's some opinions and that (Spoilers ahoy!):

Okay, I've played through most of the game. Still not completed it because I'm on hard mode and there's this insanely difficult bit on the Hoover Dam with this f*cking Battle Lord and damn it!!! I DEFEAT HIM AND HE GETS BACK UP FOR A SECOND RUN AND THEN HE JUST KEEPS COMING AT YOU AND YOU CAN'T RUN BECAUSE NOT ONLY ARE YOU IN A CONFINED AREA WITH EITHER END BEING WELL AND TRULY DEAD BUT HE ALSO JUST RUNS AFTER YOU AND BEING 10 TIMES BIGGER AND WITH A CHAIN GUN 1,000,000 TIMES BIGGER THAN YOURS YOU'RE JUST INSTANTLY F*CKED, THERE'S NOWHERE TO HIDE AND RECHARGE EGO GRAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

But anyway. Here's a couple of gripes I had:

The driving bit with the 'Mighty Foot' 4 wheeler. Dragged on a little, could have been shorter, the whole getting the Gas Cans thing just started to grate a little before it ended... Plus, THE CONTROLS, MAN. That thing handled like a piece of shit and when you're trying to make jumps and it fails to go in a straight line when you want it to, you end up flat on your ass.

Some of the shrinking bits were fun but could maybe have done with a little less of it.

Overall though, a terrifically fun and delightfully silly game. I've enjoyed it thus far and I'm pretty sure I'm near the end so I'll comment further once I beat it. People have been panning the crap out of it but to be perfectly honest that, to me, is just snobby gamers being arsey about everything.

One day maybe gaming will return to being about playing the game and enjoying the ride rather than searching for the smallest ugly pixels you can find and talking out your corn-hole about 'Realism'. Hello? Duke Nukem has never been realistic in terms of its story. It's overblown and exaggerated to the max and that's the whole damn point. Also, OMG when you look down the sights on a gun the depth of field isn't perfect. Who cares?

Finished the game. Took 9 hours according to Steam for the single player and I'm going to be brutally honest. I enjoyed this game more than anything I've played since Singularity. I found the two weapon limit not much of a problem, a little frustrating at times when you want both weapons (I was getting the achievement for keeping the golden pistol so I only had the option of one secondary weapon) but the game never leaves you without the right weapon for the job. The visuals are dated yes but on the PC there's not many FPS that look better in recent years (Crysis, Crysis 2 and Metro 2033 really being the only ones I can say are leagues ahead) and sometimes they can be incredibly atmospheric with the later Hive levels standing out for me in visual design. Nearly everybody and his dog are going to hate this game, but for those and stick with it it gets increasingly better as the game goes on. The only levels I truly dislike are a few of the Monster Truck levels as they do drag on.

Worth 14 Years waiting? No game would be worth a wait like that.
GOTY? No, not at all. Especially with Deus Ex surprising everyone this year.
Decent fun filled FPS? Most defiantly.

Also, Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44F2ySyC7S0

Also, if you guys want me to stop putting these up in here just say. :)

I enjoy watching many of your 'first part maxed HD' videos, I think it's a great luxury to have someone on the forum who makes such videos for many games without all the annoying annotations/intros/console versions most videos on Youtube have. :)
When searching on Youtube it can often take a while to find simple 'raw gameplay' videos.

I enjoy watching many of your 'first part maxed HD' videos, I think it's a great luxury to have someone on the forum who makes such videos for many games without all the annoying annotations/intros/console versions most videos on Youtube have. :)
When searching on Youtube it can often take a while to find simple 'raw gameplay' videos.

Aww shucks. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44F2ySyC7S0

"Oh. Well I'm quite impressed with it, really enjoying it so far. People who've said it's a piece of shit or mediocre so far can kiss my ass. 'Course that could change over the course of the next few levels" :LOL: Keep doing this, it's pretty entertaining. You don't play the game too twitchy or too slow, and your reactions are spot on.

I kind of want to make one of these videos too, now. Looks like a lot of fun to do.

Are you playing on a super duper very easy mode? It takes like two hits of any weapon to kill someone. Looks so bad.

Are you playing on a super duper very easy mode? It takes like two hits of any weapon to kill someone. Looks so bad.

Normal mode. It was my first go and I was recording, didn't want to appear shit by dying all the time. These are just the first standard enemies, later on you get lots of different pig cop variations that differ in strength and jetpack grunts that teleport and can be ****ers to bring down.

"Oh. Well I'm quite impressed with it, really enjoying it so far. People who've said it's a piece of shit or mediocre so far can kiss my ass. 'Course that could change over the course of the next few levels" :LOL: Keep doing this, it's pretty entertaining. You don't play the game too twitchy or too slow, and your reactions are spot on.

I kind of want to make one of these videos too, now. Looks like a lot of fun to do.

Thanks for the feedback mate :) I have finished the first chapter which comes to 6 parts in all, upping part 4 now but I don't think there's much point in me recording after that as I have finished the game now and going back and re-playing the game knowing what's coming kind of takes away the genuine reactions. :(

Finished it too, and overall I enjoyed it.

My gripes with it:

The graphics quality was not consistent throughout the game. There were parts that looked good (especially interiors), and other parts that looked terrible (as in game from 10 years ago terrible). They used the Unreal Engine FFS, they could've done so much more with it, but oh well.

Most of the sci-fi weapons suck (shrink ray, freeze ray, other energy weapons). From start to finish I only used the traditional weapons plus the rail gun and devastator when they were available/necessary. The most satisfying weapon was still the good 'ol shot gun.

Also there were a few annoying sections:
The battle lord on the top of the dam, and especially the electric leech. Oh, and yes I was screaming at the screen from dying too much in these sections

IGN Review
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1175639p1.html

The guys instantly got a bee in his bonnet because the game makes fun of Halo. He also compares the Duke to a twelve year old boy. He then goes on to say the shootings fun and likes the multiplayer.
So basically the bottom line is he hates this game because it's a Duke Nukem game.
Solid shooting mechanics and decent encounter design.
is how he describes the gameplay.
While he says this
Duke Nukem is an icon of mid-1990s video game culture – brash, vulgar and committed to the art of the one-liner, like a twelve-year old boy with internet access
about the actual character.
Someone clearly missed the point of Dukes humour, that would sell the game even more to me lol.

On the other end of the spectrum you have these:
http://www.thunderboltgames.com/reviews/article/duke-nukem-forever-review-for-ps3.html

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/10/duke-nukem-forever-review/

Who get the humour and what a Duke Nukem game is. Or if you don't like Dukes humour, are as immature as the games character :D.

Can't wait to see Jim Sterling rip this apart just because he can.

Edit:

Part 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlOUTM3iRas

Last one uploading now. Incidentally, has anyone got any tips for a decent headset/mic combination because mine is ****ing crap.

What is the 'point' of Duke's humor? So far as I can tell he understands it fine, he just doesn't like it.

Well, I bought this game and it's everything I hoped it would be.

Fun. Really fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm about 1 hour in, so it might fall flat on it's arse later. Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic in my old age but how many games lately have been genuinely fun?

Part 6 (last one]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMKIQAzig7Q

Really pissed of with these because it appears FRAPS records mic footage slightly out of sync so the on screen action is yet to come and I've already responded to it. Gonna have to sort that shit out.

I finally beat the game. I have mixed feelings. It's like a strange combination of Half-Life 2, Shadow Warrior, and Prey with Duke Nukem's humour.

I think it could have been much nicer without the color correction (everything on the screen is brown-ish), bloom, and blur. It's hard to focus on the game. I didn't like the console elements (two-weapon limit, button mashing, regenerating health), but I can live with them. I also hated reloading weapons.

The game is pretty short. I was expecting some more unique locations, and characters. All alien weapons suck. Overall, it's a good game. It's better than many shooters out there.

I think it could have been much nicer without the color correction (everything on the screen is brown-ish), bloom, and blur. It's hard to focus on the game.

You do know you can turn off post processing in the video options right? It does look better without it. The exaggerated depth of field was especially annoying, it made Duke seem like a near sighted person.

You do know you can turn off post processing in the video options right? It does look better without it. The exaggerated depth of field was especially annoying, it made Duke seem like a near sighted person.

There's also a tool that enables the dev console etc, it corrects the FOV and can simply deactivate the DoF but leave the rest of the post process options as they are. Strange they didn't put that in the options.

Hah, Eurogamer gave it 3/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-12-duke-nukem-forever-review

Could you post a link to that tool, I can't seem to find it.

Eurogamer... "eat shit and die!"

I asked Pi how the game was and he promptly informed me that it was an irredeemable piece of shit. I will be avoiding it.

Amazing, all of these reviews complain about the game feeling like an old school run of the mill shooter when it doesn't.
At all.

Hell, I wish it played like an old school shooter but instead it plays much like a standard 2007+ regenerating health consolized cover-based FPS(the new Call of Duties spring to mind)

That should be the complaint.
It's too ****ing run of the mill by today's unfortunate standards while reeking of Gearbox's A+ porting.

Back