the words you thought you'd never hear: Duke Nukem Forver gone GOLD!!!

2K is being 2K again.

To be fair, it wasn't 2K that said anything, it was a company they hired to promote their game.

Just confirms what everyone already expected, theres people out there who will happily deny game journalists a review copy if they say meanie things. Now we just need someone to say they'll drop a journalist's site/magazine from their ad purchasing based on their reviews, and I can finally cite references for all the reasons why high publicity games journalism is a crock of shit.

2K's PR partner threatens reviewers. The tweet has already been deleted, but you can still see the apology in their account.

Edit: A picture here.

Stay classy. Jesus christ what a PR shitstorm. Idiots.

TheRednerGroup The Redner Group
Again, I want everyone to know that I was acting on my own. 2K had nothing to do with this. I am so very sorry for what I said.
13 hours ago

Too late, you already lost your job, idiot. His Wiki: http://twitter.com/#!/TheRednerGroup

This guy is going to be swallowed up, chewed to a bloody pulp, digested by Randy Pitchford himself and get laid off of his firm. Oh, and he probably just ruined his firm and any possible future business they might have received.

Lol, Twitter - creating PR disasters since 2006

The game does get somewhat better as you progress... there were even moments where I found myself quite enjoying the pacing/combat - of course the bulk of the time I was doing mundane puzzles which pretty much consisted of finding small glowing contextual objects which are supposed to indicate the next step in your objective.

The game is, at the very least, occasionally fun. No, that doesn't mean I think it's a good game - just that in finishing the game I've found a few redeeming qualities and don't regret my playthrough at all - there's lots of detail and hidden goodies throughout the game that are kitschy and rather pointless, but do give it a tiny bit of charm. Also the (admittedly dated as hell) combat steps it up a little towards the end -
though the last fight is somewhat anticlimactic, and the IS DUKE DEAD ZOMG?! ending seems rather pointless (corrupt government, etc) haha.

....and the story is starting to be told in mainstream press outlets. They should have all quit and immediately filed for bankruptcy, how does a company who's job is PR use one of their official twitter pages to make a statement like that? Hilarious bit of web drama. What an idiotic thing to say. At least he's owning up and apologizing, though.

What do you mean "owning up"? There is nothing to own up to. He shouldn't have made such an asinine statement in the first place - the very suggestion of his sentiments was appalling. Everything he gets from here on out, he deserves.

What do you mean "owning up"? There is nothing to own up to.
He could have refused to talk about it. The fact that this guy is openly acknowledging his mistake and apologising shows that, even though he was stupidly public about his employment duties, he still has personal integrity.

Wait, the PR guy's name is Jim Redner, the CEO of the company that bears his name? I thought it was just a random employee. Wow, what an idiot.

He's the CEO? That changes my entire stance on this. Idiot thought he could play hardball with a neon-pink vial of poison.

Wait, that guy is the CEO? Wow, I didn't even know that. He's an idiot and deserves everything he gets.

Wait, this guy was the CEO? That changes everything!

The C E O???????

Time to get my pitchfork.

This is what they should have done in the first place instead of releasing the piece of crap that DNF is.
http://www.dukenukemreloaded.com/

lol @ the job requirements. They have all the same requirements real companies have, including AAA experience, having expertise in multiple fields, and having near full time job level availability, all for an "UNPAID POSITION!"

they're retarded like black mesa devs.

I will laugh so hard if this ends up being better than DNF (which I guess isnt too hard to do to begin with).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308197/news/duke-nukem-is-back-again/

This is what they should have done in the first place instead of releasing the piece of crap that DNF is.
http://www.dukenukemreloaded.com/

Q: Will Duke Reloaded, play like the original?

A: Short answer, No.
Long answer: The game will play like "most modern shooters". But our highest priority, is to keep the "Duke Feel".
Insanely fast running speeds, and hyperjumping are a thing of the past. That is not the direction we are going for.

Worthless.

That's just about the stupidest thing they could have possibly done in the wake of everyone hating DNF for not being Duke enough.

lol @ the job requirements. They have all the same requirements real companies have, including AAA experience, having expertise in multiple fields, and having near full time job level availability, all for an "UNPAID POSITION!"

Hahah, while looking through there, I didn't notice that. These guys are either extremely naive, or insane.

Back