Tim Tebow

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
for those who are unfamiliar with Tim Tebow here's a crash course on all things Tebow as only MZA could envision it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5OAGHXc1ZU&feature=youtu.be

really I couldnt care less about football and the only reason why I even know of this guy is because of his in your face religious beliefs. really it's nice that he can believe whatever skywizard he wants to believe in but shoving it in our collective faces irks most people. I dont care leave it in the privacy of your own home god boy

you-mad-bro.jpg

Also, I get sick of Tebow too. But mostly because he is everywhere and everyone around here adores him, not because of his beliefs which don't bother me.

reading comprehension isnt your strongest attribute is it?

am I on national tv talking about my beliefs?

Is the premise of this thread really "Hey here's a famous person let's talk about him"?

Is the premise of this thread really "Hey here's a famous person let's talk about him"?

haters gonna hate.

its a relevant topic about a current event. they just miraculously won a playoff game I think it's okay to make a thread about him. I know you europe guys probably dont know about much else than soccer but this is big stuff

I watched the game and I suppose it's relevant (although as you say, I don't think many members here are big on the NFL, and something about as surprising happens just about every week in the NFL), but none of that's even mentioned in the OP. It's just "Hey, you guys heard of Tim Tebow? He's a religious quarterback. Discuss." There's not even a news story or interesting angle to spur discussion. Also, the video doesn't really change anything. A non-topic plus a mildly entertaining related video doesn't equal a thread.

reading comprehension isnt your strongest attribute is it?

am I on national tv talking about my beliefs?

No, you are on a public forum, making clear your beliefs whilst simultaneously attacking someone for being open about theirs.

The sum of this thread is basically "I don't like Tebow because he is religious and doesn't hide it from the world."

You are not a very nice type of person.

if stern wouldn't have made this thread I would have eventually.
How arrogant do you have to be to think that God doesn't have time to save starving children in Africa or stopping the rape and murder of a 4 year old girl.
BUT has time for ****ing Tim Tebow and ****ing boring ass Football?
I ****ing hate people like that.

Hey, maybe Tim Tebow is an insufferable douchebag. But I don't see how threads like this are any higher in merit or morality.

No, you are on a public forum, making clear your beliefs whilst simultaneously attacking someone for being open about theirs.

The sum of this thread is basically "I don't like Tebow because he is religious and doesn't hide it from the world."

You are not a very nice type of person.

whoop dee doo some random internet guy doesnt think I'm nice. whatevershallIdo?

really, you dont get why people dislike tebow? there's plenty of religious celebrities who dont get the hate Tebow does. why do you think that is?

But I don't see how threads like this are any higher in merit or morality.

so you're saying only threads that have merit or morality should be posted in this forum? really? actually scratch that because you're not making any sense

Wow. you mad bro?
what a silly thing to hate somebody over. That's equally stupid to the religious nuts who hate people that aren't the same sect as them.

TBH calling people with mindset arrogant is almost giving them too much credit,they're just stupid.Because most of them don't even realize what the implications are when they think God intervenes in football but not other things like child rape.

so you're saying only threads that have merit or morality should be posted in this forum? really?

No, this is not what I'm saying.

really, you dont get why people dislike tebow? there's plenty of religious celebrities who dont get the hate Tebow does. why do you think that is?

Read my last post. I get that people may dislike Tebow. Frankly, I don't care how or why.

Just as you say you don't care about Tebow's religion, I equally don't care about your lack of belief in religion or hatred of Tebow.

Leave it in the privacy of your own home, No-God Boy.

Why even bother having a Internet forum then?
Get off your high horse stylo.

ninja edit:If you don't like Stern has to say simply don't post in his threads and move on to something that you'd think you''l have fun discussing.
Right now your saying: "I don't care for your opinion so keep it to yourself!"

Why even bother having a Internet forum then?

Sheepo's post sums up my beef with the thread. I'm not the sole person not enjoying this thread you know.

I watched the game and I suppose it's relevant (although as you say, I don't think many members here are big on the NFL, and something about as surprising happens just about every week in the NFL), but none of that's even mentioned in the OP. It's just "Hey, you guys heard of Tim Tebow? He's a religious quarterback. Discuss." There's not even a news story or interesting angle to spur discussion. Also, the video doesn't really change anything. A non-topic plus a mildly entertaining related video doesn't equal a thread.

ninja edit:If you don't like Stern has to say simply don't post in his threads and move on to something that you'd think you''l have fun discussing.
Right now your saying: "I don't care for your opinion so keep it to yourself!"

No, no. You're missing the point of my posts. It's not that Stern has an opinion or that he is voicing it. It is that he is being a massive hypocrite.

so why bother posting in this thread? do you think anyone cares that you dont care that I dont like Tim Tebow?

Stylo said:
It is that he is being a massive hypocrite

I dont think that word means what you think it means

As far as I am concerned, Tebow may as well have made this thread about you and your anti-religious sentiments. If you had a platform and an audience, I'd bet that you would still be openly Atheist and not change because of the perception other people have of you.

You're complaining that Tebow has a religion and that he goes on about it. Your reason being that you don't care.

But when others say they don't care about yours it's "Why bother posting?"

Well, why bother listening to Tebow?

Some people have religion and some don't.

Get over it? It's not like you're gonna change anything by posting threads about it.

TBH calling people with mindset arrogant is almost giving them too much credit,they're just stupid.Because most of them don't even realize what the implications are when they think God intervenes in football but not other things like child rape.

I think it's more along the lines of "God wishes to bring prosperity to myself and those around me" more than "God wants me to make a badass block to help ensure the punt return touchdown."

Either way, the Book of Job addresses the very issue you're raising. Even if you're not religious, it's an important historical and literary work and should be read for knowledge.

As far as I am concerned, Tebow may as well have made this thread about you and your anti-religious sentiments. If you had a platform and an audience, I'd bet that you would still be openly Atheist and not change because of the perception other people have of you.

I certainly wouldnt push it in any body's face just like I dont IRL. and really you're comparing Tim Tebow who's audience numbers in the millions with my posts that maybe reach half a dozen people scattered around the globe. really?

You're complaining that Tebow has a religion and that he goes on about it. Your reason being that you don't care.

reading comprehension. I said I didnt care what particular skywizard he subscribes to. I said I dont like the fact that he uses football/his star status to promote his idiotic beliefs and then has the audacity to expect the rest of us to respect his display of his beliefs. it should be kept personal. he's basically inviting criticism from people who dont subscribe to his beliefs. why do you think he's just a target for ridicule?

But when others say they don't care about yours it's "Why bother posting?"

why did you bother posting?

Well, why bother listening to Tebow?

it's not like I can just skip the thread and move on to the next one like you can. hell my boss tebowed the other day

I certainly wouldnt push it in any body's face just like I dont IRL. and really you're comparing Tim Tebow who's audience numbers in the millions with my posts that maybe reach half a dozen people scattered around the globe. really?
Ah, I see. It's okay to be a dick about people who are different from yourself, whilst displaying a similar sentiment, as long as not many people are listening to you. Okay then.

I said I didnt care what particular skywizard he subscribes to. I said I dont like the fact that he uses football/his star status to promote his idiotic beliefs and then has the audacity to expect the rest of us to respect his display of his beliefs. it should be kept personal. he's basically inviting criticism from people who dont subscribe to his beliefs. why do you think he's just a target for ridicule?
My point still stands. He is the target for ridicule because people like yourself foam needlessly over him expressing something you don't agree with but that ultimately doesn't affect you in any way shape or form. Tebow's persona and attitude isn't what's making you annoyed, it's your own irrational response to it. I doubt Tebow cares or will change because of that.

it's not like I can just skip the thread and move on to the next one like you can. hell my boss tebowed the other day
You can quite easily not listen to Tebow.

Ah, I see. It's okay to be a dick about people who are different from yourself, whilst displaying a similar sentiment, as long as not many people are listening to you. Okay then.

you mean kinda like how you're being a dick in this thread? I mean for someone who doesnt care about my opinion or this thread you certainly care about my opinion and this thred.

answer the question. why do you think he's ridiculed so much?

My point still stands. He is the target for ridicule because people like yourself foam needlessly over him expressing something you don't agree with but that ultimately doesn't affect you in any way shape or form.

lol ok clueless guy. it's not because his genuflecting in the middle of a football game regardless of what's going on around him looks ridiculous it's all those atheists who simply cant stand someone making a public spectacle of himself. jeez I wonder if you might be somewhat biased because you're a believer. ya that cant be it

Stylo said:
Tebow's persona and attitude isn't what's making you annoyed, it's your own irrational response to it. I doubt Tebow cares or will change because of that.

you dont know me from a hole in the wall so dont assume you know what my motivations are. I'm calling it as it is: his attitude is annoying

Stylo said:
You can quite easily not listen to Tebow.

try to pay attention. I dont need to listen to tebow. in fact he doesnt have to do anything for people to be reminded about Tim Tebow. it's goddam everywhere:

introducing_tebowing_its_like_planking_but_dumber.jpg

original-tebow-495x371.jpg

tumblr_ltp09tJ7jM1r5ubj1o1_1280.jpg

180842-tebowing.jpg

Tebowing.jpg

why are people ridiculing him? they cant all be atheists

you mean kinda like how you're being a dick in this thread? I mean for someone who doesnt care about my opinion or this thread you certainly care about my opinion and this thred.
You've missed the point again. My sole point here has been to employ the logic you were using for hating Tebow to you and see how you responded. So far, all I've concluded is that you seem to think that one rule applies to him and another rule applies to you despite the fact I'm drawing parallels between the two of you that you keep ignoring or denying with poor reasoning or complete lack of.

answer the question. why do you think he's ridiculed so much?
An irrelevant question to my point and one I've already covered. People get ridiculed all the time, especially celebrities, such ridicule is ultimately meaningless in my eyes. Why do I think he gets ridiculed? Because some people find something to ridicule. But then, you can find something to ridicule in pretty much everything.

lol ok clueless guy. it's not because his genuflecting in the middle of a football game regardless of what's going on around him looks ridiculous it's all those atheists who simply cant stand someone making a public spectacle of himself. jeez I wonder if you might be somewhat biased because you're a believer. ya that cant be it
I never said anything about "all those Atheists" at all. I said:
Stylo said:
He is the target for ridicule because people like yourself foam needlessly over him expressing something you don't agree with but that ultimately doesn't affect you in any way shape or form.
That applies to anybody who gets pointlessly annoyed over him and his beliefs. I'm sure there are plenty of Atheists who don't give a crap that Tebow is how he is and aren't phased by him.

you dont know me from a hole in the wall so dont assume you know what my motivations are. I'm calling it as it is: his attitude is annoying
To you, yes. To some other people, yes. Funnily enough, as evidenced in this thread, to everybody in the world, no.

try to pay attention. I dont need to listen to tebow. in fact he doesnt have to do anything for people to be reminded about Tim Tebow. it's goddam everywhere. why are people ridiculing him? they cant all be atheists
This is completely beside the point of you not liking him spouting religious beliefs. People copying his signature things is something even more illogical to be frustrated about. The bulk of your argument and the thing you made a specific point about, which I highlighted, was your dislike of him pushing his beliefs - as you have also done in this thread.

You wouldn't use language like "idiotic beliefs" and "skywizards" if your intent wasn't to portray yourself as someone who doesn't believe in Theism and instead to ridicule it because you don't agree with it. You have quite strongly and clearly pushed your views about under a very thin veil to other people on a public forum. Why you think it's acceptable for you to do this whilst berating Tebow for expressing his views just because more people pay attention to him is beyond logic.

This conversation is also beginning to get repetitive and boring. Walls of text and the like. Being as you seem to be ignoring everyone else's criticisms in favour of addressing mine, I'll pop off out of here. Feel free to have the oh-so-important last word and everything.

Oh, he's a zealot. I instantly hate him now and hope he loses in the playoffs. Actually, I remain largely indifferent but am glad they beat the Steelers anyway.
Ravens gonna win it all though.

So, you made a thread just to ridicule some football player's religious beliefs and the way he expresses them? Stay classy, Stern.

Jesus Christ this thread is dumb.

Oh no Stern doesn't care about my sandy vagina internet nerd rage why am I even posting guys?????????????????

wait,all this fuss is cuz some ahtlete made a high score and thanked god for it? isnt that stuff done by tons of other atlethes?

most dont have their own meme

also stylo are you really still whining?

Stern's just jealous because he isn't a blessed football player with +10 charisma and 20% resistance against demonic damage.

stern it was nice not seeing your awful posts and threads for a few weeks, but i gotta thank you for coming back with such a doozy

since we're on the topic of celebrities that do things that no one should care about but they do,

OMG DID U SEE SNOOKI LOST SO MUCH WAIT OMG SHE LOOKS SO CUTE WUT

snooki-then-now.jpg

Back