Trouble in Paradise Pt. 2

The ball is still in Valve's court. Lets see what happens after the next RC is submitted before making drama.

correct me if i'm wrong..but even if VU decides to hold on to it, couldn't valve just release the game after the 6 months on steam w/o vivendi cuz their contract would be over?
which would mean at a maximum we'd have 6 more months in which maybe we'd see even better gameplay, graphics, or storyline added (even tho thats doubtful)

I vote we form a group of people who boycott VU and not play or buy their games until they release HL2, if they delay it ANY.

If VU delays HL2 like they delayed CZ we all need to boycott VU and Steam HL2. Doug said they would release HL2 over Steam regardless, so lets put our money where our mouth is... Our money is the only thing they listen too.

Johan_Tayn said:
I vote we form a group of people who boycott VU and not play or buy their games until they release HL2, if they delay it ANY.
as I say

LETS PUT A BOMB IN THE VU BUILDING!!!! :rolling:

That's it ... We will not see HL2 before March 2005! aaaaaaarrggghhh

F..K VU !!!!!!!

Everyone send VU a dollar and write Fuxor off on it.

And a nice letter tellin them to drop the lawsuit.

I mean cmon....theyll get at least 20 bux from us

Shrug. I'm buying it through Steam anyway. VU won't get a cent from me.

And they can be assured that if they hold up HL2, I'll never be purchasing a game from VU in the future...

N.

I think that we should be a little more patient after all this is not a recent story between them , it's just getting back on the surface when people are waiting for a gold status. Keep in mind that the rc date was respected (sep15th) and nowVu have three games to test hl²,hl:s,cs:s , so let's see what's happening in the few next weeks...

the dream's so close that i can almost touch it ... don't wake me now...

There's only one thing to do now... someone please tell me what that is!

Damn you lawsuits!!! Can't the two companies kiss and make up ffs

6 more months would be a complete disaster for my keyboard's F5 button dammit :flame:

Why don't we all just sent an e-mail, letter or what ever to VUG and - in a politly way - tell them to get HL2 on the shelfs ASAP, and to think twice before delaying HL2 - any longer!

Huh?!

cant valve just release the bloody game on steam only, and then f*ck VU? :F i want my bloody game :'(

:sniper: Damn why!!!!?? i am going to cry now :flame:

VUG will only loose if they keep the game for 6 months, i bet less people will buy it in 6 months, wich means less money for VUG, and that seems like the only thing theyre thinking about.. money..

ive lost interest now. valve, vu and hl2 can go **** themselves. u just lost a sale guys.

this is ****ing ridiculous now

Pureball, it isn't certain yet, and it wouldn't be Valve's fault.

VU are trying to get whatever they can out of Valve before they go bust. I'm now 100% that I'll be getting HL2 from Steam, not the shops.

Great work VU, you made your situation at least 1 sale worse.

i know, its just that valve shouldve got the game out ages ago! never mind the play testing etc etc etc. and yes that improves the game blah blah blah.

valve are just doing all they can to keep up our patience. well tbh ive had enough of it.

Like others have said, I doubt VUG will hold the game, they will just be shooting themselves in the foot.

Im so tired of this game now! Both Valve AND Vivendi are two craploads of bullshit hoax! Im about to get tired of HL2 before its released!

Ok HL2, see you next year . :) Lol man, if they will delay it again, i dont want to hear anything about HL2 anymore. So im gone from these forums then O_O

"It’s a game of chicken the way I see it," said one industry observer. "VUG could hold HL2 hostage for 6 months (or threaten to) if they want to force Valve to give in to demands. But Valve knows VUG needs the revenue."

So Valve and Vivendi are playing chicken with like the most anticipated computer game ever.... frickin hilarious... in a sad and demented way...

"We delivered the first release candidate last week, and hope to deliver the final version very soon," As they said. wtf?

-TaNaKa- said:
"We delivered the first release candidate last week, and hope to deliver the final version very soon," As they said. wtf?

The first was probably rejected, and they are fixing problems on the next RC.

Eh....???
A six months delay for a game that's practically finished?
I just can't imagine that could ever happen. And if it does, I hope Valve can at least use this time to distribute a huge demo to keep the fans happy.

Yeah go ahead and delay it, so what its just a stupid game that is so overhyped anyway. By the time HL2 gets out i bet we will see DNF and other great games.

This legal dispute has been going on for a while, and all Vivendi would do by delaying the game is reduce their sales. It would be extremly stupid for them to do that.

Due to thie simple facts of how the dough rolls, Vivendi will get the game shippes ASAP. Quit whining, this isn't new, and it's not changing anything.

you're right phantomdesign that would reduce their sales ,sales means money and money rules the world . I'm staying optimistic for a Nov2004 release...

No Idea! but If Vivendi delay HL2 and it will lost good chance to get great profit....

Septemer 30?? /me hides in corner

valve should do all it can with all its power to fight to release it on steam early. If they win that (which could be impossible) than vu is forced to release it in a fancy box and valve releases it in steam. VALVE ARE WINNAR!!!

I hope you understand all my legal mumbo jumbo

Back