Unleash the Hounds: Starcraft II Beta begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add you guys whenever Blizzard gets around to actually making this thing playable again. I can't believe they just left it to rot the entire weekend.

Yeah the servers are poop today. My 2v2 partner and I were about to win our 5th placement match and it froze and crashed. Then we played another and lost horribly... so we're platinum. I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

That little terran buff is pretty hardcore. I upgrade infantry really fast now and can save a couple workers on gas early on. Getting stims earlier is nice too.

I think they've really neglected end game balancing since games so rarely go to the final tier. The strongest things in the game really aren't all that strong. Maybe they have more in store but... they seem like they're just playing around with it. Faster built BCs, shuffled ultras and thors, etc... Maybe carriers will be better than void rays one day?

Well, thors have a solid place in many terran compositions.

The real issues would be the ultras, carriers, bcs

Hey guyz. Just wanted to ask question. Is not UED in Starcraft 2? WHERE IS MY UED DAMN YOU BLIZZARD DAMN YOU ALL GLORY TO HUMANITY.

Also, still haven't managed to play it yet! I'm a monster.

Kerrigan hunted them down iirc.

Don't know if they'd send more people.

Yeah at the end of Brood Wars they were leaving and the zerg were space-chasing them. The story they've mentioned so far doesn't make any mention of them so I guess they're just like "forget those fools." We're gonna have a full game of Terran stuff though so... I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up.

Kerrigan hunted them down iirc.

Don't know if they'd send more people.

God damn it, the glorious United Earth Directorate is probably the most powerful entity in the entire franchise. Their tiny test fleet ****ed up all 3 of the major players (Terran Dominion, Protoss... Alien Governement Thing, and the original Zerg Swarms) in the world. Sure, DuGalle and his guys are all dead, but there's plenty more where he came from.

They better make UED a new playable race in the near future, because I can't see the UED using Dominion equipment again, like in Broodwar. Or I start shooting Blizzard employees. My God will understand.

Hey guyz. Just wanted to ask question. Is not UED in Starcraft 2? WHERE IS MY UED DAMN YOU BLIZZARD DAMN YOU ALL GLORY TO HUMANITY.

Also, still haven't managed to play it yet! I'm a monster.

I feel absolutely terrible. I thought you were talking about the UED in Supreme Commander :(

Just got into 2v2 Plat with Letters. Pissed we didn't get 2v2 Diamond; we won all 5 games by a large margin!

Division name is "War Pigs Tango" though. Do like.

Hahaha. In this last game I had this whole strategy planned out.. the other player was pretty good, it'd been a tense match and I wasn't really ready to attack yet. So I built a couple void rays to go harass his workers.

Then, the void rays destroy his entire base because up till then all he had built was a huge force of marauders. He had no expos(jeez he was a whole lot worse than I thought at first) so once I destroyed his CC he was revealed.

Now I'm 2 for 2 on the 1v1 placement. Guess I'll keep going.

Just got into 2v2 Plat with Letters. Pissed we didn't get 2v2 Diamond; we won all 5 games by a large margin!

Division name is "War Pigs Tango" though. Do like.

We're platinum too... maybe we'll play you and BEAT YA FACES OFF.

Lag seems to be fixed now... for 1v1 at least.

I pretty much got the best placement games ever. One retard Zerg player and 4 games against Protoss on Kulas Ravine and Metalopolis (free 14 hatch for me).

asdasdfp.jpg

Yup, I'm officially a pro now. Day9 should totally cast one of my games.

Lag seems to be fixed now... for 1v1 at least.

I pretty much got the best placement games ever. One retard Zerg player and 4 games against Protoss on Kulas Ravine and Metalopolis (free 14 hatch for me).

asdasdfp.jpg

Yup, I'm officially a pro now. Day9 should totally cast one of my games.

Now we wait for your division to fill so your rank can inflate :p

Still gotta do my 1v1s...

I thought of a 1/1/1 build in the shower that might be fun.

I have much more fun playing with people I know, so I'm ranked in 3v3 and 2v2 already, but have only played 2 1v1's...

i got retarded hard placement matches in 1v1 since it was right after patch 13 so only HARD FUKKIN CORE players were on at the time, went 1win to 4loss and now I'm currently stomping all over these bronze league people, I'm on a five win streak or some shit.

Also letters and pitz, 3v3ing with you guys is raep

I haven't tried 3v3 or 4v4... I feel like a big battle would be the end of my computer. Also, I feel like often someone would just be picked out for a rush raping 30 seconds in.

I haven't tried 3v3 or 4v4... I feel like a big battle would be the end of my computer. Also, I feel like often someone would just be picked out for a rush raping 30 seconds in.

That's why you pick someone on the opponent's side to rush.

Then it's just a race to see who can destroy the bases first. I like when you actually have to use strategies other than "I hope I kill all your shit before you kill mine."

Then it's just a race to see who can destroy the bases first. I like when you actually have to use strategies other than "I hope I kill all your shit before you kill mine."

That's why I hate most RTS games.

This is why I went back to my grand-scale strategy once I got sick of SC2. I still play every so often, but it's just rock paper scissors.

What Grand-Scale strategy is that, Ace?

Or you could stick to 1v1 and 2v2 where the maps are small and it's a matter of strategic unit placement and tactics rather than Base Kill Racing.

Why would I be jealous? I'm quite comfortable with my skills, Mr. Fag.

Getting 4 Void Rays up with 1 stargate isn't cheese. It should be common sense to scout by then, because I had nothing up to stop a scout. Also, they were Terran, why didn't they scan?

Plus, this was 2v2. Even greater chance of it getting scouted/stopped. I'm hardly taking my 2v2/3v3/4v4 games seriously.

Wait, you said RUSH. I didn't get VR's up until like the 6 minute mark.

I tried 1/1/1 and it was crap. Prolly useful for adjusting on the fly, but I miss being able to pump out a constant stream of marines and maurauders to have a force in a few minutes. I've also gained the ability to properly kite banelings so that's fun.

On the void ray issue, it's confusing how fast people manage to get void rays. They're the best protoss air unit and they'll burn down a base before you can properly counter them. If they manage a dozen or so they're practically unstoppable unless you've got 40 marines or hydras because they'll vaporize anything they focus in less than a second... even vikings can't do that much (though it's about even since they're both armored).

Speaking of vikings, did I miss something where they increased the projectile speed of their missles? Seems like they're just firing faster in general...

Viking missiles seem the same to me....

And the thing with void rays, ESPECIALLY with their new range nerf, make them even easier to deal with. If they are MASSING up void rays, that means they probably don't have a decent sized army, so any push should walk all over them.

Anything besides 1v1 is crap.

Cheeses and shit strats magnify in epicly shit proportions in anything beyond 1v1.

I used to like big 4v4 matches and what not in Starcraft and Warcraft 3, but I think I'll stick with 1v1 and 2v2 simply because it requires more individual skill. Maybe if I get some good guys I'd do 3s or 4s to be awesome, but it seems like someone would always be carried. I mean I've seen 2v2s where one person was carried. They'd have fewer points than either of us but their partner would have as many as we do combined. With 1v1 it's just like... you can pretty much surrender once you lose a battle or something... I mean if you send your attack force out toward their base and they beat it and still have forces left, you're done.

I still think viking rate of fire or projectile speed is faster... I might be crazy though.

I mean I've seen 2v2s where one person was carried. They'd have fewer points than either of us but their partner would have as many as we do combined.

I did this with Pitz once. I got rushed right from the start(at this point I still sucked terribly, I'm much much better now) and all my shit died except one overlord. Pitz then continued to 1v2 and win.

Yeah I did that once in 2v2... it took FOREVER. I won with vikings believe it or not. I just kept flying around to bases and taking out command centers and nexuses and held their expansions until they ran out of units. For some reason the protoss kept building carriers and motherships that I'd crush with vikings. I can't remember whether the other guy was terran or zerg but he wasn't doing much either. I killed most of their attacking force with a planetary fortress and a bunch of turrets. I wish I still had that replay :(

Vikings and mech are HUGE in TvT

Also, Ace, I remember that match. Was rather Epic :p

I'm suddenly inclined to want to dish out $60 for the game.

StarCraft II, due out on July 27, requires a one-off activation and a registered Battle.net account. Once completed, players will be able to get started with the game's single-player campaign in offline mode.

Blizzard hopes the new and improved Battle.net service, which connects players from across Blizzard's stable of games, will be attractive enough to convince would-be pirates to buy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back