Unlockables, acheivments, ideas thread.

Unless the heavy screams: "My comrades there is a spy sapping my sandvich!"

The Beantown Blitz:

Replaces: Scattergun

A modified shotgun The Beantown Blitz fires beanbag projectiles that send enemies flying backwards when hit at close to medium range. The catch to this weapon is that it deals 25% less damage than the standard-issue scattergun.

Ohhh Yeahh how about giving the pyro a chance to spraw petrol and set it on fire to make it in flames for like 30 secounds

How about giving the spy a laser watch with can make gigantic holes in the floor which people fall down?

How about giving the soldier a radio to call in a nuke that obliterates the entire map?

No i just quoted you and said :facepalm: because i was talking about George W. Bush. What the hell do you think?

And it appears your awareness of rhetoric is not ranked highly on your list of linguistic skills.

I'm sorry fishy but I have to give this one to drookles. I'm afraid you are an idiot.

ach.php

So...if one of the classes were to have a chainsaw as a melee alternative, which one would it suit the best? I'm tempted to say sniper, or pyro, but...yeah. I dunno, I just feel the urge to lay a chainsaw into people when I'm playing TF2 and in a melee mood, and the closest I can come is the surgical saw or the pyro's axe.

And please, please don't say "The Lumberjack!!1!1".

Soldier.

Or I can see a crazy one-eyed demoman revving it up laughing maniacally.

Chainsaws would be a little out of place for a Melee weapon. unless you had it consume some sort of ammo in the form of gas but then it's not a melee weapon now is it?. But what the soldier really needs is one of these suckers:

1196541312166.jpg

**********: Kill 6 people all at the same time as Demoman.

Dishonorable Discharge: Kill 3 people all with the same rocket, and then provide them with a screenshot of you saluting them

Practical Problems: Build a sentry that kills 4 people on the point without being destroyed.

How about a gun that kicks people from the server? And friendly fire is on.

edit: A joke, obviously, but on second thought, it'd be pretty cool as an admin interface. Walking/noclipping around the map as a ghost and shooting observed griefers with the kickgun.

The World, Chico... : Collect 15,000 metal from dropped weapons
...And Everything In It : Kill 100 engineers with Grenades, Sticky Bombs, Rockets, Flares, Syringes or Melee Weapons.

One's A Profession... : Get a progressively better and positive k/d ratio in three games as Sniper.
... And One's Mental Illness : Kill three Snipers carrying the Intelligence

Can You Hear Me Now? : Kill 5 enemies whilst requesting a Dispenser
Can't Quite Hear You : Kill a Scout that has been spamming voice commands

Creeping Flame : As a Pyro, kill 30 Enemy players or sentries without taking damage from them.
Flame Retardant : Kill 20 Pyros without taking any damage from them, to yourself or your sentry.

Right Place, Right Time : Backstab 3 Medics when disguised as a Heavy, in one life.
Wrong Place, Wrong Time : Set fire to three enemies in less than one second, at least one of which is a spy.

No Kill Like Overkill : Kill 15 enemies with 8 Stickybombs. Seperately or at the same time.
Underkill: Nullify 50 Stickybombs by killing Demomen.

Invade My Space : As a Soldier, defend a point against 5 or more enemy players.
Tactical Awareness : Kill 3 Soldier-Medic pairings.

Achievement Pairings, anyone?

The Deuce:

Replaces: Soldier's Shotgun

A Winchester-style double barreled shotgun The Deuce allows the soldier to either fire a single barrel with the primary fire, or both barrels with the secondary fire. Firing both barrels
deals more damage, but uses twice as much ammo. The main downside is that unlike the standard issue shotgun The Deuce requires twice the amount of time to reload.

Slow Reaction Time: Continue healing an enemy Spy for 5 seconds after he drops his disguise.

Now you can get an acheievment for sucking! :)

They changed it a while ago so that Medics drop their heal when a Spy is revealed.

A pity about that.

Achievement pairings, hmm.

The Hammer...
As a heavy, use your fists to kill 10 enemies on checkpoints.
...And the Sickle
As a heavy, kill five enemies with a total of 50 bullets or less.

The Bear...
As a heavy, kill 100 soldiers.
...And the Eagle
As a soldier, kill 100 heavies.

What goes up...
Kill 20 enemies with the same rocket, grenade or stickybomb you use for a blast jump.
...Must come down
Kill 20 falling enemies by damaging them so they die on impact.

And try a trio?
Tennis
As a pyro, deflect a rocket that has been deflected by an enemy pyro.
Badminton
As a pyro, deflect a grenade that has been deflected by an enemy pyro.
Polo
As a pyro, deflect a stickybomb that has been deflected by an enemy pyro.

The Last Will and Testament
As soldier, kill an enemy who dominates you before the domination music finishes.

A wonderful feeling to pull this off.

I thought they still did, because i recall seeing a medic too stupid to stop ubering a spy who repeatedly tried to backstab him, of course it didn't work because the medic was ubered.

It was after the Beta IIRC, but still ages ago. It was abused for griefing, a medic on your team would uber a enemy spy and he'd go on a sap/killing spree.

It didn't change much, being a spy and getting ubered by an enemy medic is still awesome you just gotta avoid dropping your disguise if you want it to last.

Ok then how about this one, which you can actually see on youtube.

My Apologies: Backstab an enemy bowing medic who just healed you.

Pyros can't deflect stickybombs from friendly demos.

Ah, yes, you're right. I forgot they didn't change colour.

Polo
As a pyro, deflect a stickybomb another friendly pyro has moved, and kill the demoman that created it.

Air Strike:

As a soldier kill an enemy while airborne.

Reign Of Terror:

Dominate 2 players in one life as a spy.

Countdown
Capture the enemy intel in the last second of a round.

The Invisible Man

As a cloaked spy, get into twenty one-way doors that are opened by enemies.

Terminator
Kill 100 enemies of each class.

Build Like a Brick
As a heavy, take damage from every member of the enemy team (team not smaller than 6 players).

Back