Valve Composer, Mike Morasky Interview with Podcast 17 - Sat 30th

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
This Saturday (30th April) you will be able to tune in live to Podcast 17 and listen to an exclusive interview with Valve composer Mike Morasky & his work on the Portal 2 soundtrack.[br]
Mike Morasky is mind behind most of the music coming from Valve games including Portal 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2 and the Left 4 Dead titles. In his career he has worked on major film productions such as Lord of the Rings & The Matrix trilogy.[br]You can submit your questions here and if you can't tune in live you can download the interview the next day. All the timezones for the the live show are on the Mike Morasky Interview page!

inb4 why kelly left valve

Also his face and others were used to create Gordons face. Oh now I am butt hurt.

He also sketched out the Resonance Cascade sequence and Blast Pit level.

T'was a sad day when I heard the news :(

He did more than that. ;)

I missed the interview and I was wondering where the recorded interview is?

As far as I can see from their website, it hasn't been done yet. I'm sure Glenn will post a link once it's up, though.

It was cancelled this week unfortunately. When Mike came online there was some serious lag issues which couldn't be explainined. Mike was speaking from Valve HQ and suggested that the Steam servers were getting hammered and causing the problems. I think it's being redone this weekend & will be put up on the podcast 17 site. I'll bump here when recording starts again (and do a Steam announcement) & when the recording is up.

JESUS WHAT THE **** KELLY BAILEY ISN'T PART OF VALVE ANY MORE WHAT THE SHIT **** **** HOW WHEN DO HAPPEN THIS

Morasky's work is good, but it doesn't make my hair stand on end like Half-Life 1 and 2's soundtracks did. I figured this had been the case since the music for all their post-OB games just "felt" different and not simply because they're different properties. In fact, I actually preferred the first Portal's soundtrack to the second game's. The first game was eerie and atmospheric, but parts of Portal 2 felt like I was stuck in a ****ing gameboy or something.

Back