Valvetime.net

If this is actually happening I think I'm going to have to refer the website as Valvelife2.net in order to keep my brain from being too confused.

If this is actually happening I think I'm going to have to refer the website as Valvelife2.net in order to keep my brain from being too confused.

Thats how I keep thinking of it, by accident, already.

My mind is.... conflicted.

motherofgod.jpg

We are not being taken over by other people.

Are we taking over other people?

Pwetty pwease?

I'll pretend I knew nothing of this.

...and, I mean, one would assume such discourse given the démodé nature of our former moniker. The new name is quite nice.

I'm glad we didn't take bets to see who would post about this first, I totally didn't expect it to be Krynn.

I may have suggested that name early on, but I was told I was being dumb. :(

I'm glad we didn't take bets to see who would post about this first, I totally didn't expect it to be Krynn.
I did it mainly because I was pissed since I was watching Firefly on netflix at the same time and I opened hl2.net in a new tab for later usage, and it was all interrupting and confusing for me to dig out the source this strange noise from all the other tabs I had open.

I may have suggested that name early on, but I was told I was being dumb. :(
Whoever said that was being dumb.

I did it mainly because I was pissed since I was watching Firefly on netflix at the same time and I opened hl2.net in a new tab for later usage, and it was all interrupting and confusing for me to dig out the source this strange noise from all the other tabs I had open.
I was watching Voyager. Auto-playing videos with sound is not cool.:angry:

We have disabled the autoplay.

Just wanted to make sure you were all paying attention!

The end of "hl2.net" is kind of saddening, but this move makes total sense to me and I approve.

You may now continue.

The end of "hl2.net" is kind of saddening, but this move makes total sense to me and I approve.

You may now continue.
Thank god we have your permission, for a second there I thought we were going to have to cancel everything...

It will still be Halflife2.net in spirit. The staff has been discussing this for months and we decided that this was a step we needed to take if we want the site and community to move ahead and prosper rather than fizzle and fade away as HL2 becomes less and less relevant. I think we'll all shed a tear or two at the passing of an era though ;(

I still say we nuke the site (and post counts) from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure nothing escapes.

I'm still confused... why are we moving our domain again? Or, is someone taking ours over? Or what?

I'm still confused... why are we moving our domain again? Or, is someone taking ours over? Or what?

The staff has been discussing this for months and we decided that this was a step we needed to take if we want the site and community to move ahead and prosper rather than fizzle and fade away as HL2 becomes less and less relevant.

READING

We changed servers (the computer that the website is hosted on) to something that will load better, and now we're changing to a new domain because we're talking a wider approach to Valve games as a whole. Halflife2.net will still redirect to the new site.

I'm surprised by the number of people that actually look at the homepage and not just go straight to the forums.

Influx of plumbing problem threads in 3...2...1...

Will the whole layout of the page be the same,or will you redesign the whole thing????

We changed servers (the computer that the website is hosted on) to something that will load better, and now we're changing to a new domain because we're talking a wider approach to Valve games as a whole. Halflife2.net will still redirect to the new site.

OH! THANKS! I'M NOT GOOD AT READING. THAT'S WHY I'M ON THE INTERNET.

Back