Valvetime.net

So I don't have to warn you for what seemingly looks like necrospam, care to elaborate?

Necrospam? What the hell? I don't think you know what Necro means.

It doesn't look to me like this thread and it's latest reply were created a year or more ago... or even half a year... or even three weeks.

Maybe you're spamming from beyond the grave. Did you die recently?

Oh ok. Just normal spam then.

I thought you were making fun of the expected veteran response to anything new or different.

If anything, your post was closer to philosophy than spam.

I'm great with change... just not the change I was looking for.

I didn't make this thread for nothing... http://www.valvetime.net/index.php?threads/forever-hl2-net.179670/

I predicted this damn change! But then again, who couldn't.
Yeah, I think pretty much every member of the forum raised the issue at some point. I like the change, to be frank. It'll hopefully help breathe new life into the community which is awesome, IMO. God knows, one of the forums I used to frequent was so rife with elitism from older members that new members often left through abuse and alienation and it kinda stagnated the place.

Anything that can help to keep a place like this active is nice, so changing the extremely outdated name and the "brand" of the site makes sense. I know that the older members will probably be sentimental about HL2.net but the same regulars are here. As for the look and feel, the powers that be did say there are more skins and stuff on the way and I'm sure they're working on making everything shiny and pleasant to look at while we're still sorta in Beta.

Besides, you'll still be able to make "in-jokes" for the forseeable future about HL2.net. Plus I don't think anyone will particularly be bothered if you continue referring to the site as such. It's still the HL2.net people, for as long as they stay.

Look at it as like an evolution, rather than the death of HL2.net.

EMBRACE THE CHANGE, DOOD. WITH LOVE IN YOUR HEART.

What do you know, '11er?

I don't care about the change though and everything you said was right.
BUT SERIOUSLY YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT MAYNE

Yeah, I think pretty much every member of the forum raised the issue at some point. I like the change, to be frank. It'll hopefully help breathe new life into the community which is awesome, IMO. God knows, one of the forums I used to frequent was so rife with elitism from older members that new members often left through abuse and alienation and it kinda stagnated the place.

Anything that can help to keep a place like this active is nice, so changing the extremely outdated name and the "brand" of the site makes sense. I know that the older members will probably be sentimental about HL2.net but the same regulars are here. As for the look and feel, the powers that be did say there are more skins and stuff on the way and I'm sure they're working on making everything shiny and pleasant to look at while we're still sorta in Beta.

Besides, you'll still be able to make "in-jokes" for the forseeable future about HL2.net. Plus I don't think anyone will particularly be bothered if you continue referring to the site as such. It's still the HL2.net people, for as long as they stay.

I've always been nice to the new people of HL2.net. I was the nicest! I don't know if I can remain nice to the new people of Valvetime.net though. If I drive them out quickly, I might save their soul in time.

This.

There is no way in hell that the birth of Valvetime.net was the death of Halflife2.net. Ok we've stopped calling it that, and stopped using its brand but that's only to try and ensure the ongoing relevancy of the site and hopefully attract more visitors.

This site has and always will be Halflife2.net in our hearts. We've done so much to ensure we stick close to our roots. If we didn't care about our beginnings we'd have started again from scratch - but we didn't. We agonised for months to ensure we could keep all our existing threads and members. If we didn't care about Halflife2.net we'd have closed it and got everyone to re-register again here.

We hope most of the changes have been positive, even in the wake of losing a fond name?

Anyway, the last thing I have to say is:

HELPLIFE2TIME.NET FOREVER!

What it needs to be(and I'm just being a drama queen bitch here really), is that HL2.net is simply a still active wholly owned subsidiary of Valvetime.net, and then I'll be happy.

Been posting here for almost an entire third of my lifetime, so I'm a little attached. Just a wee bit.

I will not embrace the name Valvetime though, because I think it sounds kind of dumb. No offense to whoever coined it.

It just makes me think of this:

tcwgE.png

And who the **** wants to party before breakfast?

Raz confirmed for a dog person, I guess. :dance:

I like the name Valvetime. It has a nice ring to it, it's a pretty great basis for puns, and the staff can take as long as they like to generate content. All we truly need now is a blue classic scheme for the forums.

And tags. I'm still recovering from that loss.

What it needs to be(and I'm just being a drama queen bitch here really), is that HL2.net is simply a still active wholly owned subsidiary of Valvetime.net, and then I'll be happy.

Well, like I've been saying to everyone - We still have the Halflife2.net domain, so you're free to call it that and make HelpLife threads all you want. We're not "getting rid of" the old domain, just broadening our scope a bit.

I think this regular style of posting is better for the news section instead of a single giant header and mini replies.

The issue with that is that our news section is just a normal forum which feeds through to the front page. As such, a direct link to a news article in the standard style shows it as just a thread whereas the current version you see has a more formal and pronounced article-like structure to it - helpful for our linking to external sites, steam group and social networking.

I mean, we could have gone completely crazy and had a completely separate commenting system like many news sites do, but this is the best of both worlds.

Everything on the forums, but news pages look like traditional comments pages.

Back