Vikings vs Samurais

Who would win?

• Total voters

Escaep

Tank
Reaction score
Who would win in a fight? Note: Vikings=Warrior Vikings.

6218-viking-warrior.jpg

vs.

samurai-archer.jpg

Vikings are way more hardcore than your craptastic samurai. Vikings go round burning your women and raping your churches!

Edit : plus their gods can beat up your gods.

This is like the ancient version of pirates vs ninjas.

Even though I don't like samurais, realistically speaking in a war scenario between an army of vikings and an army of samurais, the samurais would win. Long range weapons, bows and crossbows. Superior training and body armor.

Samurai in a pitched battle, but Viking hit and run tactics would be hard for them to counter.

Samurai.

Simply because they would use brains over the Vikings' braun.

And plus, the Samurai sword is arguably the greatest melee weapon ever created.

Is it Tom Cruise? Or is he being a Ninja right now?

No I think hes planing to kill Hitler... Good luck with that.
But im voting Vikings.

Samurais, no competition. Because vikings were traders, farmers, blacksmiths and a only a minority of them were warriors. And they only fought British and French people.

On the other hand, all of the samurais would either kill each other or kill themselves.

The Samurai would stand there looking tense against a duotone background for several minutes before attacking. This would give the vikings ample time to cut them down.

Is this female samurais?

If it is, vikings win by far. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

Wow, I'm completely pro ninja, but I'm gonna have to go the other way. ****ing vikings are so ****ing cool.

I like samurai better, but the vikings would win in a battle. The vikings believed that warriors who died in battle would go to Valhalla, whereas the only thing a samurai warrior got to look forward to was committing seppuku.

*edit* Damn, maybe I do like vikings better.

^True as shit. Besides vikings being awesome as **** in general, norse mythology is already ****ing awesome.

Yeah, I think the whole ragnarok concept is pretty cool. The most epic epic-ness in the history of epics.

Samurai are too busy trying to be honorful and stuff.

Vikings would just come in and **** their shit up.

Single viking vs. single samurai = viking
Viking raiders vs. samurai army = samurai

Voted vikings because they're cooler.

I hate people like you sooooooooooooooo much.

This is like the ancient version of pirates vs ninjas.

Pirates vs. Americans.

But I think Vikings would win, they were HUUUUGE mother****ers.

Vikings are from the 9th century, Samurai from the 15th.

Samurai armour wasn't very good, however Vikings did have chainmail, chainmail is very effective against slashing attacks from swords, which is the purpose of a katana.

My heritage is scottish, which when traced back far enough is norse.
And if there's one thing I know about the Vikings and then the Scottish clan wars is that they are hard as ****.

Somebody vote Vikings so it can be official.

Haha Deadliest Warrior is an awesome show.

I'd go with Viking on this one, just because of their berserk rage.

No it isn't. The bayonet is. Because you can put it on your rifle. Turning it into the only melee weapon that can kill someone at 1,000 yards.

Anyway, Vikings. Norsemen with big axes, shields and chainmail > Japs with slashy swords and knock off armour.

I'd go with Viking on this one, just because of their berserk rage.
Also if you have a constitution of 15 and rage, you can take the vigorous rage feat which allows you to heal one hit point per round.

The samurai class has no such feats that I know of.

Vikings. Seriously what the **** kind of poll is this, samurai and cool and all but vikings p. much dominate everything.

Oh shit guys

vikings just went up 100 cool points

"Vikings were actually the first ones to create comics, they made them on walls or stones for their children and even adults. They often told stories of many great Scandinavian warriors and Thor the God of Thunder."

Vikings just got 100 more cool points.

Their most popular sport was chess.

Vikings all the way. Screw killing for honor, let's do it for fun!

Samurai armour was made from resin laminated hardwood which was light and flexible, and could stop a razor sharp edge cutting through it. It was designed to protect specific parts of the body vulnerable to arrows and blades. Viking armour was not. Light armour combined with superior weapons training and horsemanship made the Samurai fast and agile, and able to avoid lumbering and undisciplined attacks.

Viking with no head = fail.
Viking with no leg = fail.
Viking with no arm = fail.
Viking with arrow through face = fail.

that, and the Samurai outlived the Vikings by 400 years.

Vikings with no future = failed.

Back