We Americans have some stupid Reality Shows

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Reality shows nowadays are just becoming totally pathetic. Nothing too much real about them, except maybe the fact that there are real people in them, and even then they're usually phonies hired from some modelling agency.

This seems to be the latest from Fox. Utter trash in my opinion.

Who's your Daddy? Wtf?

EDIT: One moment. Gotta get another link. Ugh, stupid non linking crap.

I don't want to register... :(
But yeah, you, americans and us, canadians, have really bad tv shows.

That exact show came to mind when i read the title
::Shivers:: I'm really hoping the trend will end some day soon..

Every country has stupid reality shows. But it was we in Sweden that made the first reality show. :E

Distraction is just wrong, I was watching it the other day and they had all these really old naked people lined up in three rows, then each of the three contestents had to pick a row crawl through their legs facing up, get to the end where there were some cloths and then dress each one in turn.

Of course they do have a chance to win 5000 pounds, but the catch is before they can win it they put the money in toasters (that are turned on) and have to answer questions before their money burns. It's like a western version of those crazy Jap games.

mortiz said:
Distraction is just wrong, I was watching it the other day and they had all these really old naked people lined up in three rows, then each of the three contestents had to pick a row crawl through their legs facing up, get to the end where there were some cloths and then dress each one in turn.

Of course they do have a chance to win 5000 pounds, but the catch is before they can win it they put the money in toasters (that are turned on) and have to answer questions before their money burns. It's like a western version of those crazy Jap games.

This show sounds pretty bad. The only reality show i've ever really watched is Survivor. As a matter of fact besides that i only watch sports, Television is a vast wasteland of endless garbage.

Another crap one is when a girl is supposed to pick a guy from like a dozen, and there's one gay guy there, if she picks him, he gets 1 million dollars...

And anotherone, RTL is going to build a city in germany and put people there living their lives normally, with schools, jobs, hospitals... everything a town needs... and have cameras everywhere, sorta like the truman show...

Or how about extreme makeover? where they do plastic surgery on people to make the look better?

or how about tjockholm? (stockholm), fatholm. A program where fat people go on a kind of fatcamp that lasts a few months... It's crazy...

The list goes on and on...

I'm so tired of reality shows I'm about to throw up. I watched the first 2 rounds of Big Brother here in Norway, and I was tired of it all. Maybe "The Bachelor 412" will be good though. Who knows.

Still there are a few good ones that come to mind.

>>The first season of Survivor was pretty good (and one could argue that the All-Star edition was good too). The premise of the Survivor shows is something that is not degrading or stupid: try to survive in one location and beat out your opposition.

>>The first season of the Apprentice was good too. It had a certain dignity to it. People trying to apply for a job; it was refreshing than these other reality shows that act like a lottery for stupid individuals. Although the second season sucked because the Trump didn't really know what he was doing. He tailored his choices based on shock-value and unpredictablity, instead of choosing the best candidate.

>>My favorite reality show so far is the Canadian-made "Making The Cut". Where respective individuals of the NHL go out and scout for new talent, and then each show cut one individual who isn't performing. In the end, the general managers of the six Canadian NHL teams would then give an NHL contract to one of the remaining finalists in a draft scenario. Unfortunately the show didn't do so well in the ratings (probably because the peole on the show were not nutcases and respected each other rather than try and destroy each other's ego).

Those are the only three that I have watched, and even the first two shows I have stopped watching for reasons stated above. I would watch more reality TV if they were more like "Making The Cut". Having dignity, respect; a class act all the way.

The only real reality show that I saw that seemed even remotely real, was the 'surreal life'. It basically just had a bunch of celebrities who were not longer at the peak of their fame living together, and interacting together. I liked it.

I really like that show "trading wifes" and that one other show where they rebuild some families house, they are always great shows. And also monster garage and american choppers, thats all the reality tv i need.

Worst thing is, they even show the american reality tv shit here in Finland. This one channel (we have like 4 finnish channels on analog broadcast) is crazy about reality tv. It shows stuff like, and I'm just translating them from the Finnish names I remember, "Boyfriends of dreams" "Girlfriend of Dreams" "Paradise Hotel" "A date for Daddy" "Wife swapping". I detest those and shows like them. Oh and then there's the "Cheaters" or something. I mean, who wants to do that stuff?

The Osbournes is the only good reality show I've seen. Survivors I liked when I was something like 12 years old. Then it got lame with the scripted stuff.

Atomi said:
Worst thing is, they even show the american reality tv shit here in Finland.
The same goes for sweden. Here we get to see Bachelor/Bachelorette, the swan, the "whos gay" show, paradise hotel and many more including some shows of our own.. Its all cr*p! ..lets go Borg on them all!

Oh and then there's the "Cheaters" or something.

If the show cheaters you mention is the same show by the same name here. Then i don't consider it much a reality show, even though it is real. It has far more class than those other reality shows, even though I don't like the show myself. It's basically a private detective and a film crew who try to root out suspected adulterers after being hired by their spouses or girlfriends/boyfriends.

Back