Well this is shit

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
I have 2 more weeks to live in the house I've lived in for 15 years.

We couldn't keep up with the payments, so the bank is taking it away.

I didn't see this coming at all, probably because my parents didn't want us to worry. It hardly feels real, being told this so suddenly. I haven't broken down yet crying, but I'm surely going to.

At least we have a place to stay. My brother moved out a while ago into a house about 15 minutes away. Then he moved to Texas a couple months ago for a job. He still owns the house near us, so we can stay there until we can find a new place.

Trying to look on the bright side, perhaps this will help me get my ass in gear and get a real job and start living on my own. I'm going to ****ing miss this house though.

:(

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear it. I have always worried about leaving the house I've always lived in so I understand. I hope you manage to find a place and get back on your feet soon.

Yep, keep looking for the good! It will help. Time to become Man-geta.
Hopefully your family will be able to get a place of their own again soon!

Yeah.. I know how that is. I've been right on the edge of that same exact thing for a few months now, and we only seem to be getting by because my grandparents keep pitching in, which won't happen forever. Just stick it out, something good'll come your way.

We're also behind on house payments. We have to make another by September or we'll be looking for a new place. I've been giving as much as I can. I really have nowhere else to go.

"Well shit" indeed. I hope things get brighter for you and your family soon!

Damn, that sucks. Wish you and Hokey the best of luck.

**** dude... this is some crazy shit.

On the bright side, it gives you the opportunity to move to Texas!

But seriously, let's talk.

Also I hate when parents don't tell their teenaged or adult children something like that. I basically realized the extent of how much my dad is in debt recently, and I kind of resent him in some ways for never telling me before. Yeah it's stressful being told that, but it's even more stressful when it becomes a dire situation.

We're also behind on house payments. We have to make another by September or we'll be looking for a new place. I've been giving as much as I can. I really have nowhere else to go.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that for you too.

The American Dream. It's a sham.

That sucks, man. Mans. Hope you guys pull through and sort something out. :(

Well, that does suck.

Hopefully things get better for youse guys. D:

The American Dream. It's a sham.
No. No it's not. There is great opportunity for amazing success! Especially financial success!
Most of the hardships that people are going through are self inflicted because they haven't wanted or chosen something much greater.

Hokey, I hope you're able to make things work out for you in the best way possible as well!

Faced the prospect of being in debt and kicked out of my home before so I know how you feel.

Shit inevitably happens but like everyone else has said, hopefully you can work things out and draw some positives.

Good luck to you both.

I've lived in the same apartment from the day I was born until I was 14, at which point we had to move to another place. We've stayed there for 3 years, until we had to move again. Now I'm here. I can say that it's terrifying at first, but you'll be alright. You'll even learn to like appreciate your new home. I think the most upsetting thing is that your parents failed to tell you about it.

One thing I did both times after moving is coming back to my former, empty home and just staying there a while, walking through it and remembering all the stuff that I went through in it. Then I leave and don't look back and try to stay positive about the future.

Good luck Veg <3.

My parents decided to buy this new home, shit almost 3 years ago now and didn't tell me until it was a done deal. Lived in that last house for 15 years as well. We still own that house but I'd rather live there, you know the reasons why. Control isn't always in our own hands, best of luck to you and your folks.

I've lived in eight different places in my lifetime, and four states.

I've lived in eight different places in my lifetime, and four states.

I feel you there man... not as many states but I've jumped around more times than I've wanted to... never really had a "house" per se. Just different apartments and rental places. I've become pretty adept at moving. In fact I still use a suitcase as my primary clothing container. I hope one day to own a house for real. My parents never did. I moved seven times with my parents, went to college (which, if you live in dorms, you have to move pretty much every year), and four or five times since graduating. I'll probably be moving again sometime next year and possibly again after that depending on whether or not I get a new job.

Just curious though... didn't you just go to China Vegeta?

I've moved 6 times in the last 5 years, living in 3 states. Moving is no big deal really, but I can imagine being forced from the place you've lived for so long is a different story entirely. But, as Captain Hammer says, home is where the heart is, so your real home's in your chest.

sinZA.jpg

Veg, Hokey, this is awful news. I don't really have any advice, so all I can do is I hope you guys can get everything sorted soon :(

Grim news. Good luck to the both of you.

No. No it's not. There is great opportunity for amazing success! Especially financial success!
Most of the hardships that people are going through are self inflicted because they haven't wanted or chosen something much greater.

Not sure if sarcasm.

Sorry to hear it Veg, but you may not have to move as soon as you think. My house was forclosed on in September, and I never got evicted. Still here. I haven't made a house payment for about a year and a half now.

Hokey, Veggies, I hope that everything works out for the best for you guys. Such a shame to hear, but everything works out in the long run.

Sorry to hear it Veg, but you may not have to move as soon as you think. My house was forclosed on in September, and I never got evicted. Still here. I haven't made a house payment for about a year and a half now.

Wow how did you even manage that

Veggies, you can come live with me in PA. I'm only about 1:10 from you. I have.... 3 extra rooms. COME NOW.

God damn squatters!

Veggies, you can come live with me in PA. I'm only about 1:10 from you. I have.... 3 extra rooms. COME NOW.

**** Vegeta, I'm moving in.

dude, let's get an apartment together. it will be awesome. let me know.

Edit: we could have like 3-4 hl2.netters. the more the merrier. i'll bring the tv.

Good luck Vegeta and Hokey. That's a shit situation to be in. I actually already knew about this Vegeta because your sister was mining Facebook for sympathy from the hordes of painfully dorky nerd acolytes that she ruthlessly and effortlessly strings along in vain hopes they will one day be worthy of her lovin'.

Also if/when I am ever again a bachelor I would absolutely love to live in a HL2net apartment with some of you bros. You'll have to deal with me smoking pot and occasionally getting shitfaced drunk and passing out on the kitchen floor, but beyond that I'm a pretty solid roommate :D

Thanks for all your support guys.

I'm actually feeling much better about this than I expected to. The only thing that's bumming me out though is that I'm gonna have to share a room with my sister. And both of us like to spend all day in our rooms on the pc. And both of us need our occasional privacy.

I've got it pretty good because she is often at work most of the afternoon/evening. But for her, I don't know what she's gonna do.

Hopefully my bro moves out soon (he's planning to) so I can get my own room again.

Trying to look on the bright side, perhaps this will help me get my ass in gear and get a real job and start living on my own.

I feel like a dick for quoting this, but I feel like you've already suggested a really good solution

And both of us need our occasional privacy.

7tzXJ.gif

In all seriousness though Devin, what's your situation w/r/t having a job and stuff? Do you still help out with your parent's business or whatever (I seem to remember that being your plan after you graduated HS)?

I had to move out of a house I lived in for basically my whole life up until that point (around 16 years), but under much less stressful circumstances. It feels awful, I can't say I can relate to the feeling now that I move so constantly but it's sad to think I might never regain that feeling of permanence that my first home provided.

Back