What did Valve do to make you mad?

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
For me it would be them ditching pc exclusivity or atleast not releasing the pc version half a year before consoles.

At the same time I do not blame Valve since as a company you need to make the most money you can.

They really pissed me off when the created the Half-life series.

Made money, allowing the continued existence of this site, allowing the constant appearances of people like you.

the lack of Half-Life Decay and lack of anything new in Condition Zero i.e. whatever happened between Valve and Gearbox.

Not fix "the stutter bug"

I've had to result to using the consoles so I don't crash every 10 minutes.

I'd have to say release dates. I just can't get enough.

The release dates for me also. It's very unprofessional for a company as big as Valve to keep missing release dates.

The release dates for me also. It's very unprofessional for a company as big as Valve to keep missing release dates.

Better miss a release date than releasing a buggy game.

Better miss a release date than releasing a buggy game.

Better to create a realistic release date than miss an optimistic one :p

And by release dates, I actually meant the proposed ones. Even they are too far apart.

They lied about the dynamic AI and deformable terrain that was supposed to present in HL2.
They never said anything about it after the E3 videos so when we finally played the demo/full game, we basically found out that everything we saw in the videos was all completely scripted.(combine soldiers kicking a door with a table in front of it, strider blasting apart buildings to navigate through them) basically we were supposed to be getting a new experience every time we played the game.

Ahh...it's an endearing quality...right?

Yeah I suppose it'd be the release dates for me too. That or there not being any chickens in cs_italy.

Not fixing Off-line mode properly.
It's always nice to suddenly lose your Internet connection and Steam asks you to go on-line, to get off-line mode.

They canned the Brotherhood of Arms, which I was looking forward to purchasing and playing.

Well they make good games, but they waste their time instead of finishing the half life story (oh yeah, before going back to work on EP3 we'll take 4 months to realease new weapons for TF2, only to take them back after people are frustrated that pyros became finally an efficient melee class).

Well they make good games, but they waste their time instead of finishing the half life story (oh yeah, before going back to work on EP3 we'll take 4 months to realease new weapons for TF2, only to take them back after people are frustrated that pyros became finally an efficient melee class).

valve didnt take back any weapons...they took off the noobish health boost. also i think you you should have said 'unbalanced' instead of "melee"

hmmm

"efficient unbalanced class"

makes sense

right?

When Valve doesn't release all their games within weeks of each other, Steam doesn't work on the first try, Medics uber Spies in TF2, and they don't explain what happened to Adrian Shephard, I question their integrity as a business.

This thread makes me want to punch you all in the face for being a bunch of spoilt bitches :p

I would say that all of these gripes are either reasonable or in jest, except for what the original poster said.

Im suprised. Sorry, im new here, but are thread like these where we just sit and harass valve allowed? Just wanted to know. thx

Anyway, valve doesn't ever do anything thinking "oh, this will piss of our loyal fan base who gives us money and play and our games, so lets do it!" Theres a reason for everything they do and it usually is to ensure the quality of their games. They couldnt show Ep3 at e3 because they want to do more work on it and make it better before we see it, which is exactly why i LOVE them.

And yea, half life source could have been better, but they couldnt spend too much time on it because they were busy working on better games...

im not flamming or trying to start arguments, just giving my opinion :D

Most of the people that posted in this thread are joking (not me), and the person who created this thread only has one post and was obviously trying to troll. We get dreadfully bored around here.

Nah I'm just pist for them not making hl2 a pc exclusive. Well it wasn't already but still.

Nah I'm just pist for them not making hl2 a pc exclusive. Well it wasn't already but still.

valves orginal plan was to make it pc only. they decided to move in on the xbox a year and half later, and that failed horribly, but once the orange box was released for the the 360 then that gained some positive numbers.

Im suprised. Sorry, im new here, but are thread like these where we just sit and harass valve allowed? Just wanted to know. thx

I'd like to think that it is possibly to post negatively but constructively...I don't think anybody here is really harassing Valve!

Of course, I'm not quite sure if I managed to put the brick through the right window for them not putting chickens in cs_italy. It's hard to aim from the ground when it's several floors up you're aiming for.

Valve has never pissed me off, cept when they released the tf2 beta... didn't upload the exe or something hahaha

Canceling Brotherhood at Arms, the original version looked like it would shape up into an awesome game. Not that Team Fortress 2 turned out bad but I would've liked it if they implemented the ideas from the original into a seperate game. Other than that I've never had any major issues with them.

They didnt mail me a free coca cola spontaneously. DAMN THEM.

Just wish that they would maybe put out an alert for the weekly/daily maintenance so we don't think our steam is broke, or maybe making it more obvious? I always get pissed and think I lost my internets or something.

Back