What is cooler Ninjas or Samurai?

Ninjas or Samurai

• Total voters

lordoftheroot

Reaction score
Ok if you had to make a choice what would it be, Ninja or Samurai?
Thank god for offtopic or these threads would never be made :LOL:

Ok if you had to make a choice what would it be, Ninja or Samurai?
Thank god for offtopic or these thread would never be made

poll?

a samurai would kick a ninjas butt anyday... just stab him once or twice with the sword, then bibi ninja

Ninja's are way cooler. Samurai's are alright. I picked Ninja's of course. :)

Ninja's are definatly the coolest. And after all... thats the question in the poll! :)

Samurai's are basically the Japanese equivalents of European knights. Ninja's on the other hand are very unique and as far as I know there really wasn't any equivalent.

Plus I consider silent and deadly over loud and confrontational.

Comparing Samurai to Knights is stupid and I laugh at people who do..

So erm.. yeah.

Samurai's are, infact, afraid of ninjas. Why? Because the samurai's have a bery strict code of honour, but the ninjas do not. This means, ninjas can fight dirty without any set rules, as samurai's must follow the code or they must commit hara kiri :|

Nothing like a Ninja Vs Samurai to up root the deep divide in a message board forum.

The Mullinator said:
Samurai's are basically the Japanese equivalents of European knights.
Samuriais were brilliantly trained masters of combat. Knights were rich lords in armour so heavy only a cannon could hurt them (and they couldn't hit anything properly because of it). They beat people over the head with swords like clubs.

When I 1st read the title, I thought it was another ninjas vs pirates.

Danimal said:
When I 1st read the title, I thought it was another ninjas vs pirates.

No, athough those threads were funny at first they got old fast. I mean come on, a single ninja could take out a whole pirate ship. At least there is a good fight between a Ninja and a Samurai.

Maybe a Zombie Vampire Space Pirate but nothing else.

Ritz said:
Comparing Samurai to Knights is stupid and I laugh at people who do..

So erm.. yeah.
Well they fought for the same kind of people, kept codes of honour, were feared on the battle-field, etc.

Of course they acted differently, dressed differently, and fought differently but when you look at it they really are very similar to European knights.

Also @ríomhaire
Read this:
http://www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm
Just scroll down to the bottom of the article to see a description of the author. Chances are he is far more of an expert than you or I and if he says there is no way of knowing then I would be inclined to believe him.

lordoftheroot said:
No, athough those threads were funny at first they got old fast. I mean come on, a single ninja could take out a whole pirate ship. At least there is a good fight between a Ninja and a Samurai.

Maybe a Zombie Vampire Space Pirate but nothing else.

It depends if the Pirates are ready for him, if the Ninja could sneak aboard without the pirates knowing, they wouldn't stand a chance. If the pirates knew the ninja was coming and could prepare for him/her and they knew what they were doing, it might not be so easy for the ninja.

It's not even a valid comparison. The Samurai fought openly. Ninjas never did, and spent a lot of effort to avoid direct confrontation. Ninjas would generally not take excess weaponry to do their assassinations or espionage, since it gave them away. It was a lot easier to kill the target with a hammer or stone than it was to sneak a sword into their home.

Ninjas did have a code, called Ninpo.

The different functions of ninjas have been replaced by modern forces known as spies and special forces (Navy Seals, SAS, etc).

Tynan said:
It's not even a valid comparison. The Samurai fought openly. Ninjas never did, and spent a lot of effort to avoid direct confrontation. Ninjas would generally not take excess weaponry to do their assassinations or espionage, since it gave them away. It was a lot easier to kill the target with a hammer or stone than it was to sneak a sword into their home.

Ninjas did have a code, called Ninpo.

The different functions of ninjas have been replaced by modern forces known as spies and special forces (Navy Seals, SAS, etc).

They also used poisons as well.

i had a science teacher who was an ex-navy seal..... but he quit coz he said it was too morbid... apparently the training was a hair short of torture

I'd prefer ninja. Cuz they are so efficient at killing.

Samurai are also cool . They are perfect for battles bcause their training is designed to waste anybody who stands close to them.

But If a samurai and a ninja went head to head. I'd still prefer a ninja. Because a ninja has more proficiency with diffirent kinds of weapons, art discipline and tricks, compared to a samurai who only depends on his sword.

Deyum i wonder how did ninjas train.

Ninjas...because they are invincible according to movies. And for any other reasons you guys have listed above.

Hey ever nodiced that Starwars episodes 1 and 2 mirrior the storyline behind WWII.

IS THIS TRUE?!?!?

I votes for all 4 options because I don't want to be different :p

Stick 1000 ninjas on one side, and 1000 samurai on the other side. When they charged the samurai would own the ninjas. The puny ninja throwing weapons would barely scratch the armour.

Vikings should have been included, they would kick the ass of both of them, they used the special techniek to make their swords lighter and stronger way before the japanses did it, besides no amount of skill of the ninjas could go up against a behemot like a viking, it would just step in the ninja or samurai and squish it.

Grey Fox said:
Vikings should have been included, they would kick the ass of both of them, they used the special techniek to make their swords lighter and stronger way before the japanses did it, besides no amount of skill of the ninjas could go up against a behemot like a viking, it would just step in the ninja or samurai and squish it.

A big hairy Swede with a large axe and taste for blood, alcohol and women vs a highly trained master of the martial arts. I am sure the Viking would come out on top, yes. :rolleyes:

Dalamari said:
Mafia Hitmen > Ninjas and Samurai

Nuff said.

A big hairy Italian with a machine gun and a taste for alcohol and women vs a highly trained master of the martial arts. I am sure the Italian and his machine gun would come out on top, yes.

Hey! Where's jackie chan on the list? He would beat them all. Jackie wouldn't even need a sword or axe. He'd just use a spoon or a ladder or a broomstick....

Ninjas. They are masters of stealth. They would obliterate the samurai.
Razor said:
A big hairy Italian with a machine gun and a taste for alcohol and women vs a highly trained master of the martial arts. I am sure the Italian and his machine gun would come out on top, yes.
Ryu Hayabusa would school five big, hairy Italian with rocket launchers.

Prince of China said:
Ryu Hayabusa would school five big, hairy Italian with rocket launchers.

Yeah, but just cause he uses art of inferno when they fire.

Tynan said:
It was a lot easier to kill the target with a hammer or stone

Or two sticks. Two sticks and a rock.

And they had to share the rock!

Bad^Hat said:
Yeah, but just cause he uses art of inferno when they fire.

Or two sticks. Two sticks and a rock.

And they had to share the rock!

paper beats rocks tbh

Tynan said:
It was a lot easier to kill the target with a hammer or stone than it was to sneak a sword into their home.

sounds like a pretty damn messey assassination. You'd have to repeatedly smash in somebodies skull with a stone to kill them. poison or a knife to the jugular would be better. But on the topic of samurai and knights. yeah they are very similar. They both belong to an older age of warfare where the people fighting were very rich and well trained and armoured and followed a strict code and had a whole bunch of poor people working for them to keep their armour and stuff good. In comparison to laterday wars where they just started conscipting common peasants and let them do the fighting/dying.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Pirates are cooler.

Pfft, everyone knows pirates suck. They need a 100 or so crewmembers and a hook only to be beaten by a bunch of kids who won't grow up.

Shens said:
Pfft, everyone knows pirates suck. They need a 100 or so crewmembers and a hook only to be beaten by a bunch of kids who won't grow up.

Flying immortals don't really count.

Back