What is your speed?

2761016868.png

I don't see why this wouldn't the the case - unless you had a very... unfortunate router.
Pardon me for not quoting the context:
The wifi with comcast is retarded. It's only getting 50% of the speed I get via ethernet. The installation guy just shrugged "that's how it is everywhere." At least 50% of 50Mbps is still plenty fast.
Get a different router? The service itself shouldn't have any effect on wifi vs. ethernet.
Hrm, I just ran mine over wifi with my phone and I get 14Mbps which is about half too. Oddly, my upload speed is almost exactly the same. I am, however, in the second floor, with the router in the basement.

So at&t sucks way harder than I thought.

Results
yRzVzvf.png

My roommate did all the paperwork for this (I was just here to greet the technician with the router) so I had no idea at&t offered different speed plans. He subscribed to the "elite" plan. Pic below.

wCwXevd.png

Nothing about that shit is elite.

So we're getting ripped pretty hard. I was getting this awesome fiber connection, 10-12Mb/s up and down from the local electric office for $35, but they won't **** with our apartment complex for some reason, even though we get our electric from there. Pissin me off. Will probably end up upgrading. This shit is ridiculous.

So at&t sucks way harder than I thought.
So we're getting ripped pretty hard. I was getting this awesome fiber connection, 10-12Mb/s up and down from the local electric office for $35, but they won't **** with our apartment complex for some reason, even though we get our electric from there. Pissin me off. Will probably end up upgrading. This shit is ridiculous.
I kept telling my cousin that when he had U-Verse. He kept thinking it was his router or his modem. Eventually I convinced him to get Comcast, and for the same price he was paying AT&T for his 200kb/s download speeds, he is getting 2.5mb download speeds. I mean, the Elite plan ATT offers (which, even if you did get the speed they say (which you don't) is still slow) sucks hard compared to Comcast's slowest internet plan which is 30Mbps for $49. That is HUGELY better than AT&T for the exact same price.

2731306687.png

I'm surprised im not seeing a lot more faster speeds

EA had a pretty good connection when i was there.

1972773662.png

Sadly the infrastructure just isn't there for so many locations. I live near bloody DC and Verizon still hasn't bothered to install FIOS lines here.

2947567880.png

WOOH. Finally moved and got internet back. Opted for fast speeds for $10 more a month. Quite happy with the result.

I know im gonna get pissed off if I check. And I just realized this thread isn't new and I already made a post. Yeah, im pissed off, because it hasn't changed.

You at the very least seem to care for it. No need for hostility, old friend.

Im joking, man. I think the image is hilarious and you guys seem to like it so I was like "guess i'll do that again".

Shit I looked at this thread and thought it was "What is your special?" Like we all had signature moves or final forms or something.

Guiz please keep it on topic or I will close the thread.

3460182308.png

Gosh, ISP monopoly is just wonderful. Also, beautiful improvement since 2007. Just sublime.

Back