What kind of alcohol do you prefer?

I drink beer, red wine and spirits, but I usually only drink red wine if I'm out somewhere relatively quiet. I enjoy a pretty wide variety of beers, but I'm a lot more picky with spirits. I'm fond of Jägermeister in particular (usually drink it straight but I'm not averse to the odd Jägerbomb). When it comes to red wine I am not picky, but I usually choose something pretty mellow.

One of my favourite local beers is Coopers Sparkling Ale. My friends don't like it because it has stuff floating in it, but I personally think it tastes pretty good.

Some of my friends drink Strongbow but I was always put off by how sweet it was whenever I tried it. They tell me there is a dry version, but it's never been available when I've been out. I've also never paid enough attention to see if other cider is available. Are most ciders heavily carbonated or is that mainly a trait of non-alcoholic ciders?

Vodka and Red bull... just a shame red bull is banned in denmark :(

Otherwise - beers (danish beers to prefer)
What a stupid ban, IMO. It's the equivalent of a cup of coffee. That drink would definitely be my #6.

Good to hear mine isn't the only house where Puyo Puyo is played into the late night. Shame everyone else in the house sucks and barely understands chaining.

Wow that's almost the exact same game. Does that mean that MBM is just a cheap ripoff?

Wow that's almost the exact same game. Does that mean that MBM is just a cheap ripoff?
In the early 90s, companies weren't very keen on bringing heavily Japanese games over to the west (Puyo has some pretty obscure, sometimes specifically cultural humour), but they sometimes worked out ways of quickly rebranding what was ultimately a commercially viable and interesting title in gameplay terms for western markets. The more famous example is probably Doki Doki Panic, which everyone knows better as Super Mario Bros. 2.

It's not a 'cheap ripoff', just a clever tie-in with an existing franchise in order to ensure its wider appeal. In fact, because at the time Compile weren't a SEGA-exclusive company, the same game appeared on the SNES as Kirby's Avalanche, with the same overhaul of changed / re-shuffled music, new sprites and sounds. Either way, they can't have been that successful, since there was no attempt to make Kirby or Sonic versions of the next four titles, and they eventually started releasing translations under the name 'Puyo Pop' (only significant title released has been Puyo Pop Fever. It will crush your balls into a girly paste though).

They're up to 7 games now, but each new game really adds very little to the decent enough experience you get in Mean Bean Machine. See if you can find Puyo Puyo Tsu (2) somewhere though. It introduced the ability to cancel out incoming garbage by timing your chains correctly (yes, every subsequent game has this feature, but brings a bunch of rubbish new ones in as well. Every game has a 'Puyo Puyo Tsu' mode).

Jager, Jim Bean, ciders.

To be fair, I'll enjoy anything except for Sambuca. **** that shit.

Vodka and Red bull... just a shame red bull is banned in denmark :(

It is? I didn't even know. Then again, I've noticed touched that, or similar drinks, so why would I know (I occasionally drink a small amount of white wine, that's it).

Bump!

I just tried some Frangelico Liqueur.

It has a ****ing amazing hazelnut flavor. I've tried various different types of liqueurs and other alcohol, but his has to be my favorite by far.

Has an interesting bottle too... I guess it's supposed to look like a friar monk.

bottlelabelage.png

So far i've had Chivas.
It was good. Oh and wine too, it was good.

So far i've had Chivas.
It was good. Oh and wine too, it was good.

Wine? lol. I think only in RPGS do you ever only drink the generic 'wine".
:cheese:

Liqueur is so sweet and horrible it makes me want to vomit ugh it's like drinking corn syrup ugh ugh ugh

I drink vodka straight as I have said many times but it is always true. The weekend before last I drank a ****ton of smirnoff (ugh ugh gross) and took bites of an apple as chasers. Then I found an easy way to climb onto the roof of the bank next to my house. And then I sang songs to the people at the adjacent gas station, none of whom looked directly at me, but I'm sure they could all hear me.

I spent the time from 9:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. the next day vomiting every twenty minutes, but let me tell you it was so god damn worth it (and also pretty funny)

I haven't been able to get my hands on a good vodka to try. I really want to.

And yes, Liqueur is really sweet, but it's not really the type of thing I could see myself drinking often. It's very rich. Most people probably use it to make their favorite drinks.

I have no drunk stories like you though, because I've never been drunk... you drunkard!

The recommend limit for a male adult is 3 drinks per day. It's just not enough.

Perhaps working at home is a little too convenient.

Raziaar why the **** do you drink if you've never been drunk. >:­(

Smirnoff is the only vodka I really drink.

Only because I don't know shit about vodka, despite it being my favourite spirit. Everything else at the ol' bottle-o's seems sketchy to blow money on.

But I'm honestly a beer d00d.

*Drinks beer infront of aussie bbq, flag in background, etc*

Ever since my dad stopped drinking none of us can bring any alcohol in the house (which i respectfully agree with, its hard enough as it is). Soon my rents are leaving for like a week so im planning on stocking up on shittons of alcohol. Once they come back il hide what i have left in my room. Since beer needs to be stored cold i cant get that :(

I've been drinking 4-5 drinks per day for a while, mostly beer. I don't know, I just prefer to be numb lately.

It would be nice to have 6 drinks a day, yet I don't want to become really unhealthy. I'm going to try to keep it to 3. It's hard to do when you start drinking before breakfast, something I find strangely hard to resist.

Johnny Walker Red Label. went out with some girl from work last night turn out shes not 21 so guess who had to buy the booze -___-
We went to some backyard party straight drinking out of the bottle it was fun till she insisted she and her cousin take some Pokeballs or whatever they're called it went downhill from there......

Any drug experts wanna tell what kind of drug Pokeballs are btw?

I think the thing I like best about alcohol, it gives me a ferocious appetite. Then, it just builds and builds until you are--and this is no exaggeration--nearly biting your fingers, or ripping food apart like a wild animal. I'm not that good of a cook. Then the food just tastes like ... amazing. Astounding, even. How? Why does it make food taste better and more satisfying? Don't know.

Let's find out:

Scientists are increasingly unraveling the neural correlates of taste hedonics. Kent Berridge has done extensive research in determining the location of specific "hedonic hotspots" that are involved in sensory taste pleasure. The brain regions related to experiencing these phenomenon include the ventral pallidum and also the nucleus accumbens. Amping up mu-opioid and endocannabinoid receptor activation in these discrete brain areas has the capacity to make certain food much more appetizing. A lot of this research has been done on rats by observing the changes in their facial expressions when neurochemicals in specific regions are altered. They can actually tell that the rat is enjoying sweet food more by the way it licks its lips. I think for most people it should not be too surprising that drugs which affect the opioid or cannibinoid neurotransmitter systems have the ability to make food subjectively more palatable. People often use alcohol to increase food enjoyment and alcohol perturbs the opioid system. A pizza that normally might taste like fodder could taste amazing after taking a large amount of alcohol. Marijuana (a cannabinoid) tends to give people the munchies as does heroin (an opioid). These neurochemicals are dissociable from dopamine, which does not seem to increase "liking" of food. In the future, more sophisticated techniques may become available for precise taste perception alteration.
http://brainstimulant.blogspot.com/2009/06/magnifying-taste-pleasure-by.html

Interesting.

Johnny Walker Red Label mixed with coke, Tried it straight a few times but it makes me feel awful.
Beers: Corona, Carlton Draught and sometimes Heineken when I'm not thinking.
When I'm not in the mood for that strong alcohol taste I buy Double Blacks

I think that much of society has this perception that alcoholics are losers, people with drug problems are cool.

Discuss.

for people like ennui maybe...OH SNAP

(plz don't ban me) :(

in all seriousness its only the contra everything people that think drugs are cool.
but its true that no one ha killed his family while smoking a joint....Alcohol on the other hand....

I'm off to bed btw...sleep induced through legal narcotics. :p

Since I've been at uni I've gotten into this silly habit of buying bottles of Jim Beam for near enough every time the mere mention of some sort of flat gathering has occurred, and then regretted rolling out of a messy bed the next morning to find out I once again demolished the entire bottle to myself.

I'm staring at number four right now, cringing at the very smell of the stuff. It's 8 am and somehow, somewhere, there's a wrecked flat and probably some sort of rude graffiti scratched into a table exclaiming that I was there and the owners are some sort of rude genitalia.

I used to get wasted like that all the time, it was fun, but it also sucked. The way you feel the next day is a feeling that should not be. Somehow all that is forgotten when it's time to drink again.

Here's a test: see how much you enjoy drinking when you are alone, and compare that to how much you drink when out.

When I'm by myself, I drink a few beers gradually, feeling buzzy - slightly intoxicated at best. When I'm out, like at a party, I will drink as much as my body possibly can withstand. It's great fun, but really really pathetic when the party is over.

Raziaar why the **** do you drink if you've never been drunk. >:­(

I don't typically. Only when other people are drinking, and that's rare for me.

Most of the alcohol I've tried tastes like shit to me. I can't afford enough alcohol to get drunk even if I wanted to. lol

Sounds like you need the Coloolabah Fruity Lexia.

$10, gets everyone drunk.

Everyone.

Why do I want to get drunk? I bet I'm a miserably depressed drunk and drinking alone I'd probably end up slitting my wrists and not even knowing it!

Either that, or this will be me!

A drunk father killed himself while playing Russian roulette as he entertained his family on Christmas Day.

Police said the 52-year-old forestry worker from Cologne, Germany, had drunk too much schnapps when he decided to amuse his family after lunch.

In front of his horrified wife and children, Ulrich Schmidt loaded a single bullet into the .38 revolver which he used in his job to put injured animals out of their misery.

He then leaned back in his favourite armchair and spun the cylinder. Five of the chambers were empty. The sixth contained the bullet.

‘Now let's play Russian roulette,’ said Schmidt holding the barrel against his temple before he pulled the trigger.

'We thought he was only a joking,’ said a friend who had dropped in for a Christmas visit.

‘But there was a loud bang and he collapsed in the chair. Blood poured from a head wound.’

The man was taken to hospital and died on Saturday.

‘We are treating this as an accident and not as suicide. They had all been eating and drinking,’ said a police spokesman.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...lette-family-Christmas-Day.html#ixzz0XfeVukVb

Pfft, that isn't the attitude for it!

If it were possible, I'd lead everyone into an upbeat musical where I sing about drinking.

But yeah.

Shrug.jpg

Why do I want to get drunk? I bet I'm a miserably depressed drunk and drinking alone I'd probably end up slitting my wrists and not even knowing it!

Either that, or this will be me!

The first time I got truely wasted, I was 100% alone. It was pretty awesome, I awoke propped up against the keypad to the gated community down the street, with the highbeams of a Lexus staring me down, trying to get me to move out the way so it could get in.

The first time I got truely wasted, I was 100% alone. It was pretty awesome, I awoke propped up against the keypad to the gated community down the street, with the highbeams of a Lexus staring me down, trying to get me to move out the way so it could get in.

Yeah, that sounds terrible.

I have no aversion to trying it once, in company. I just never feel comfortable drinking a lot of alcohol when I have the chance to. For starters, I would feel weird drinking all the alcohol as if I was trying to get drunk in front of family. Second, most of the alcohol I drink tastes like shit to me and makes me feel nauseous, and a lot of types give me an instant migraine upon the first sip.

wtf

Not infront of family.

Tried Kahlua with milk? It's a lot like having a cup of warm milo.

I think I posted about how I woke up one morning with straightened hair, my shoes missing with my toe-nails painted black and my hands were in a pair of play handcuffs.

Schoooooolieeeeees.

Only tried beer, wine, and scotch; scotch is the only one i've liked so far.

Back