When do you predict we'll see Aftermath?

What is your prediction for Aftermath's release date?

• Before the end of August

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • September

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • October

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • November

Votes: 59 34.9%
  • December

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • This is Valve we are talking about, 2006 sometime.

Votes: 42 24.9%

• Total voters
november at the earliest. come on lads you know the score by now.

I voted December, because Lost Coast was promised to be released by the end of this summer. Aftermath supposedly will be released before X-Mas. It would be too crude of Valve to release it next year, so I say Aftermath will be released by the very end of the year.

The weekend of Sept 16-18th, when I'll be out of town and unable to play it.

Or the week before Thanksgiving in November, when I'll be out of town and unable to play it.

Otherwise, the first week of January, when I'll be out of town and unable to play it.

cquinn said:

Or the week before Thanksgiving in November, when I'll be out of town and unable to play it.

Otherwise, the first week of January, when I'll be out of town and unable to play it.

Not very positive are you :p

November, and is nobody else paniking at the sight of...oh no it's looking!

cquinn said:

September 18th would be awesome because that's my Birthday! :)

It's coming out next Monday. I'm friends with a janitor at Valve and he knows everything.

diluted said:
It's coming out next Monday. I'm friends with a janitor at Valve and he knows everything.

Hmmm..... :dozey:

Even if that is true I'd still prefer my birthday. :E

DigiQ8, you owe me a copy of Aftermath. :p

Seriously, you guys are a bunch of optimists. Half-Life 2 got delayed, Lost Coast is delayed, what makes you think Aftermath won't be delayed?

id be willing to put money down it wont be out before decemeber at the absolute minimum.

here's a peice of advice for you all. DONT THINK ABOUT IT. when we hear some solid, concrete, official news we'll all rejoice and throw parties but until then please no bullshit. dont turn this into the agony that half life 2 was.

Sars said:
id be willing to put money down it wont be out before decemeber at the absolute minimum.

here's a peice of advice for you all. DONT THINK ABOUT IT. when we hear some solid, concrete, official news we'll all rejoice and throw parties but until then please no bullshit. dont turn this into the agony that half life 2 was.

It won't be the agony HL2 was: the engine is built, Steam is up and stable, and I seriously doubt there will be another source code theft in the near future. I'm sure Valve has taken the necessary precautions this time around. December, however, seems to be the most feasible.

0mFg, n00bs, It w4s for DOwNload FoR One S3c0Nd y3st3rd4y at ST34m!u!!!111ONE

Seriously, I think November.

Well I started this topic and so far I'm the only one who is guessing it will be released before the end of the month.

I feel this way for several reasons.

#1, When HL2 was released, they were already working on Aftermath. As we can see from some of the total conversions that have come out, creating a game 1/3 the length of HL2 shouldn't take over a year.

#2, I believe they have said Aftermath will be available late summer. (I know they said Lost Coast would be back in Spring but read #3)

#3, Lost Coast should have been released months ago and I'm sure they are done with it.

I think they are going to release both around the end of the month. Around Labor Day weekend would be perfect because people have off, they want to do something fun, so why not pay for a new game and play it? Valve knows this.

I'm guessing that as of now, they are working out the bugs/kinks in the Dynamic Lighting.. integrating it fully into Source is probably a huge challenge... and once they get it working properly, both expansions will be released simultaneously... I just think if anything else was the case, they'd at least have released Lost Coast by now... and I can't think of anything else plausible which would have delayed LC. Considering it's just a short episode, the level building was probably pretty easy and would be completed by now. This leave the delay coming from the Dynamic Lighting integration, and it's probably the only thing holding back Aftermath too. (in my best guess)

NJspeed said:
I'm guessing that as of now, they are working out the bugs/kinks in the Dynamic Lighting.. integrating it fully into Source is probably a huge challenge... and once they get it working properly, both expansions will be released simultaneously...
Dynamic lighting? I thought they were only adding HDR.

I would like to see dynamic shadows/lighting though. But not until I get a new video card. :p

Day of Defeat has been "Coming Soon" since OCTOBER 2004.

Aftermath isn't even on the "Coming Soon" list yet.

This is Valve. Gotta Love 'em, but the bastards are eternally optimistic about release dates.
We will NOT see Aftermath in 2005. :dozey:

iMMuNiTy said:
DigiQ8, you owe me a copy of Aftermath. :p

Seriously, you guys are a bunch of optimists. Half-Life 2 got delayed, Lost Coast is delayed, what makes you think Aftermath won't be delayed?

At least it won't be shit. It's probably still being delayed to fix bugs and stuff. Maybe there busy fixing the ai and making the game more immersive having everything you do affect your surroundings (Like they promised for HL2 which we never got).<-------I really doubt this statement

I rather wait a little longer and have a game without buggs. In HL2 we all know they released it before it was really bugg-tested, just to please the fans. And sure, we got the game but we also got some really enoying problems. So as I said, I rather wait to later for something really good than get something half-good sooner :)

December. Lets hope I'm wrong and it's earlier.

Back