Whingelife2.net, Help ?

what about horsewhipping? do indians indulge in horsewhipping? cuz that's what you're going to get when the husband finds out you've been playing hide the samosa with his wife

what about horsewhipping? do indians indulge in horsewhipping? cuz that's what you're going to get when the husband finds out you've been playing hide the samosa with his wife

Your mild racism amuses me.

You shall become my canadian monkey, Stern. I can go back to India and use you as a street performer. I shall make much money.

But you are right in the fact that I am in deep shit.

You shall become my canadian monkey, Stern. I can go back to India and use you as a street performer. I shall make much money.

Mild racism? Stern hates Asians. That's common knowledge.

This, but like... Gladiator style in an arena. Maybe involve a tank of angry, underfed alligators. Definitely involve sharp weapons. I will attend.

**** that, challenge the husband to slay a dragon, or go on a quest for a fleece. Tell him its the only way to win the already won woman and she will finally give a shit about his aging ass. Then move in on it hard, I doubt hes coming back

lol mild racism. how was that racist? it would be no different had it been directed towards a canadian: "play hide the canadian bacon with his wife". that's cultural not race. and it wasnt even a slight against india; I love samosas ..just not your samosa. anyways my comments are the least of your concerns ADULTERER!

YEah, you're sleeping with another man's wife, you motherless goat. stop it

lol mild racism. how was that racist? it would be no different had it been directed towards a canadian: "play hide the canadian bacon with his wife". that's cultural not race. and it wasnt even a slight against india; I love samosas ..just not your samosa. anyways my comments are the least of your concerns ADULTERER!

How dare you be intelligent enough to understand the fact that national/cultural/religious identity and race are actually two separate things, not to mention there aren't really any true different "races" within the human race?

You disgust me.

this is why I hate all humans equally ...except you Gargantou. I want to make babies with you

I know Stern, you and me, we are above all these other simple spiralling coils of self-replicating DNA!

I have nothing against arranged marriage. For people unfamiliar with the concept, the parents only introduce the couple, usually through family contacts. The guy and the girl then get to decide how to proceed from there. Although yes, many girls marry the richest guy they can bag, many guys marry a "nice" girl who'll cook and clean and do the dishes... it's pathetic.

BUT a girl who marries someone when she didn't really want to is all kinds of f*cked up. Whatever Stern may tell you, honor killings - or any kind of retribution - is uncommon among civilised Indian families. An aunt of mine had a "love" marriage (what you would call a regular marriage) decades ago and the family eventually accepted it. This girl is most likely just spineless and as such, yeah, I think she's just stringing the OP along to unload her emotional baggage.

I hear the way Indians treat the Dalits is quite uncivilized though, especially non-Hindu Dalits.

"Indians" is not a homogenous group. Yes Indians mistreat dalits, commit foeticide, rape women etc. The point is, living in a city I've never met those particular Indians.

Well, as an example: Dalit-specific welfare in India is in many cases withdrawn if the Dalit does not belong to the Hindu faith.

Of course, that is a state decision but still, it reflects poorly on India as a nation in my opinion.

I think Vikram makes a solid point...India is as complex and multivariate in culture as the United States or just about any other large country. There are cultures within the nation that will practice certain habits, and others will not.

I think Vikram makes a solid point...India is as complex and multivariate in culture as the United States or just about any other large country. There are cultures within the nation that will practice certain habits, and others will not.

Yes, but anyone claiming that the caste-system still isn't a major social issue in India is fooling themselves in my opinion.

The caste system has penetrated into a lot of the various groups within India, for example within two of the biggest Catholic groups in India it is still a very common practise to have segregated graveyards, services and so forth where the Untouchables are not allowed to mix with the others.

I'm not saying India isn't complex nor that modern nations don't have problems too, but I don't think that means that one shouldn't try to discuss the issues facing it. It is even more important to discuss it now given how much India is growing in importance due to it's expanding economy.

My knowledge of India comes mostly from Slumdog Millionaire, so I'd advise you to appear on a TV show and win a giant sum of money, than run away with your love.

My knowledge of India comes mostly from Slumdog Millionaire, so I'd advise you to appear on a TV show and win a giant sum of money, than run away with your love.

I admit shamefully after having thought about it that I probably shouldn't be running my mouth on India given that all I know of India is via books, documentaries and so forth, I've never actually lived in the country myself.

It's just so easy to be an ignorant ass, especially if you're Swedish because we Swedes are taught how amazing our country is in comparison to the rest of the world that it leads to a sort of arrogant attitude of superiority, whereas I've begun to see lately more and more of the corruption that exists in my own country and the various social issues facing us today, such as a strong segregation in many schools since we now have free "choice" of schools and this has lead to areas where all the immigrant kids are holed up in one school and all the "Swedish" kids in another.

Well, as an example: Dalit-specific welfare in India is in many cases withdrawn if the Dalit does not belong to the Hindu faith.
There are quotas for most minorities here (including Muslims and Christians), so the government does try.
It's a dynamic political landscape: http://www.cathnewsindia.com/2011/01/22/sc-to-examine-dalit-christian-quota/

India is IMO more varied and thus harder to govern than a developed country. There is a massive consuming class here (owing to the population -- heck, we have more millionaires than most European nations) while at the same time half of the country lives in squalor.

There are quotas for most minorities here (including Muslims and Christians), so the government does try.
It's a dynamic political landscape: http://www.cathnewsindia.com/2011/01/22/sc-to-examine-dalit-christian-quota/

India is IMO more varied and thus harder to govern than a developed country. There is a massive consuming class here (owing to the population -- heck, we have more millionaires than most European nations) while at the same time half of the country lives in squalor.

More millionaires in relative to population size or just more millionaires in terms of individuals?

How's the tax-pressure in India also? I know of a lot of rich Europeans that move to non-EU nations due to lower taxes and such.

Above a certain income bracket, we pay about a third of our income as tax. That's excluding Value Added Tax on most products and some other taxes. It's not cheap, and I'd guess that you get less per tax dollar owing to systemic inefficiency. People don't move here for lower taxes, they come for the lower cost of living. I heard about some Israeli tourists who'd worked for like 2 months and then took the rest of the year off to vacation here. If you renounce branded luxuries, you can live here on very little.

Well, a third of your income tax ABOVE a certain income bracket is quite low compared to my country, given that we had close to 60%, and then we used to have an additional tax for the absolute wealthiest above that.

I on my main welfare of roughly 600 euro (after taxes) per month I pay almost 30%(Around 29.6) in taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world as you can see there compared to my country India is certainly a tax haven, given that I with my income being what's considered "existence minimum", am already taxed almost 30%. Our top VAT is also twice yours according to that list, not sure how outdated it is though.

But I venture off-topic, sorry.

Back