Who's the dude in the Valve logo?

M

MasterLeviathan

For those of you who have no clue as to what I mean, I'm talking about the guy that always appears when you start up any Valve game. He's the one with the valve sticking out of his eye.

Anyone have any idea who he is? Perhaps the Valve lead programmer? Or something?

When valve first started, they were looking for a catchy logo.. they found this young photographer who'd done a bunch of photo-manipulations to make it look like people had valves attached to them.
Valve thought it looked cool, and the logo (possibly name too) was born :)

theres another at www.valvesoftware.com

Dunno, there is also another one, with a Tsumo (spell?) guy with one in his eye lol.

First, when i was younger, i thought Freeman had one of those because, you know in hl1 when you get hit you see these red things on your sides, i thought it was one of those that gave a warning that you are under attack. lol

I don't know who he is, but one thing is for sure, that plumbing job sucked.

Danimal said:
I don't know who he is, but one thing is for sure, that plumbing job sucked.
that just made me laugh so much

Ravioli said:
Dunno, there is also another one, with a Tsumo (spell?) guy with one in his eye lol.

I thought it was the back of his head.

Ravioli said:

First, when i was younger, i thought Freeman had one of those because, you know in hl1 when you get hit you see these red things on your sides, i thought it was one of those that gave a warning that you are under attack. lol

its 'sumo'

anyway, i didn't like the valve logo.....

it was like a warning for the extreme violence in hl......

:eek: :sniper: :sniper:

oh god......... help......... AHHHH!!!

i always interpretted it as a valve for creativity or something like that, "need to think of a new game concept? oen you valves."

hotsnot said:
i always interpretted it as a valve for creativity or something like that, "need to think of a new game concept? oen you valves."

...ROFL.

"Ooh man, I need to win this spelling bee, oen you valves plese an let teh creatives flow like streem."

Sorry, couldnt resist :D

-Alix

bliink said:
When valve first started, they were looking for a catchy logo.. they found this young photographer who'd done a bunch of photo-manipulations to make it look like people had valves attached to them.
Valve thought it looked cool, and the logo (possibly name too) was born :)

theres another at www.valvesoftware.com

duh! you don't know who the black guy is? Thats Morpheus FFS!!!

head_anim.gif

morpheus.jpg

Back