Wikileaks founder charged with rape for not pulling out because a condom broke

I think the real deal is that everyone's going to be after this guy. It's one thing when he's releasing stuff that only has to do with America, but this is stuff relating to countries around the world. It's like walking in to a party and spilling everyone's beer at the same time. I still think they're going to try and find some crazy interpretation of a law and say he broke it just to put him on trial in the US if he gets off (hah) in Sweden.

This isn't about any of us. The main arguement is about whether or not Assange has committed rape and anything else is just a distraction/waste of time.
Waste of time? Who is running out of time?

You're also far from biased since you're actually making elaborate jumps in conclusions to prove that he is guilty.
This must be the 5th time I've had to say this. All I did was say "that's full of shit", and try to move on with my life.

Let me try to break it down for your tiny angry mind -

At this point, all I knew is that 2 girls claim he raped them in some way, and there was a condom broken.

The following was my skeptical, but objective response to that information.
VirusType2 said:
comradesean said:
you can't tell when a condom breaks, anyone who has had sex before would know that
Anyone saying you can't feel the difference between a condom and no condom is full of shit. A broken condom feels like no condom, except with a rubber band around your cock.
This means:
I know what it feels like. You either don't know what you are talking about, or you are lying. You can tell the difference.
VirusType2 said:
And I did not know that was rape, all the sudden. Usually, I'm like, "condom broke," and she might say "you got any more", or "Just **** it."
This means:
Why is it rape that the condom broke? I can't believe that.
Condoms can break by no ones fault. Usually the girl is completely understanding because: hey, it happens. But if it broke, they should make a decision: keep ****ing, put on a new condom, or stop.
VirusType2 said:
Sex is a risk, and both parties know that going in. Nobody ever said a condom is foolproof. However, I can understand that he should have notified her, if that's what this is about.
This means:
She knew going in that a condom is not foolproof, so how does she even have a case?
But if it broke, they need to come to an agreement whether to proceed having sex, put on a new condom, or stop.
Is that what this case is all about? That he didn't inform her, and just kept screwing her?

I don't think I can make it any more simple!

If you want to discuss the case or the evidence, why don't you post some facts, a valid news article or articles detailing the case so far, including what they claim and what he claims?

Waste of time? Who is running out of time?

This must be the 5th time I've had to say this. All I did was say "that's full of shit", and try to move on with my life.

Let me try to break it down for your tiny angry mind -

At this point, all I knew is that 2 girls claim he raped them in some way, and there was a condom broken.

The following was my skeptical, but objective response to that information.

This means:
I know what it feels like. You either don't know what you are talking about, or you are lying. You can tell the difference.

This means:
Why is it rape that the condom broke? I can't believe that.
Condoms can break by no ones fault. Usually the girl is completely understanding because: hey, it happens. But if it broke, they should make a decision: keep ****ing, put on a new condom, or stop.

This means:
She knew going in that a condom is not foolproof, so how does she even have a case?
But if it broke, they need to come to an agreement whether to proceed having sex, put on a new condom, or stop.
Is that what this case is all about? That he didn't inform her, and just kept screwing her?

I don't think I can make it any more simple.

If you want to discuss the case or the evidence, why don't you post some facts, a valid news article or articles detailing the case so far, including what they claim and what he claims?

I'm not exactly sure how you quoted something that I edited out almost an entire hour before you even replied, buuuuuuut how about I set this straight for your tiny mind. I'm not here to argue every teeny-tiny-little thing which matters absolutely nothing to the actual subject. Anyone can go on for hours about how this girl grew an eye in her vagina and suddenly saw the broken condom or how she shouldn't have consented to sex if she didn't want to get raped, but the fact of the matter is that the facts don't add up. The timing doesn't add up. Even ****ing sweden doesn't add up.

Get defensive if you want. Get angry if you want. But it doesn't change the fact that this shit reeks.

+1 for easily being able to feel when a condom is broken.

Without condom is so much more sensitive, with condom is like ****ing a wellington boot.

My partner didn't notice this had happened though. Both times now I come to think of it.

I also hear that being circumcised makes a difference? I'm uncircumcised, and I think circumcised guys are less sensitive there, or so I hear.

Anyway, I chucked another one on and carried on. I never use them now, I've been with my GF for 7 years, if she has something then I definitely have it too.

I don't know, I've been sexually active for 20 years. A dozen? Maybe because I have a big fat dick that rips them open like the incredible hulk. I rarely even use condoms because I usually have a steady girlfriend.

I've been sexually active for longer and at most it's happened 2-3 times (what kind of cheap condoms are you using? ..regular condoms are too tight and yet I still never break them) in a lifetime and every time neither of us noticed. you seem to be the only one who can tell when it's broken

Wikileaks has a Dutch host since this afternoon: http://www.wikileaks.nl. It seems to run without a problem. A public broadcaster over here also runs a mirror of the site.

EDIT Considering the condom discussion: three or four times in twenty years.

I've been sexually active for longer and at most it's happened 2-3 times (what kind of cheap condoms are you using? ..regular condoms are too tight and yet I still never break them) in a lifetime and every time neither of us noticed. you seem to be the only one who can tell when it's broken

I said I could. But I only use thin condoms... you know... so I can actually get off. Just a fun fact about StarBob.

she shouldn't have consented to sex if she didn't want to get raped
Damn
I've been sexually active for longer and at most it's happened 2-3 times (what kind of cheap condoms are you using? ..regular condoms are too tight and yet I still never break them) in a lifetime and every time
Half the time they broke they were the ones from the free health clinic. The other half of the time they were Trojans. I don't know why this is so unbelievable that a condom can break, when I've been hearing from friends about them breaking for as long as I've been having sex.

neither of us noticed. you seem to be the only one who can tell when it's broken
Because when they break they completely split open and it's like not wearing a condom. I can't believe you would sit there and straight faced tell me you can't tell the difference between wearing a condom or not. Like, **** this topic, this is far more important that you guys are liars. I do not like liars - not unless you have a damn good reason. Arguing on a forum about condoms is not one.

And I'm not the only one who can tell.
+1 for easily being able to feel when a condom is broken.

Without condom is so much more sensitive, with condom is like ****ing a wellington boot.
People can tell when condoms break because it suddenly feels good.

The rest of us can tell. Only the big Assange fans seem to think wearing a condom doesn't make a difference.

Let's ask the top ranked listings

itdUI.png

miS9H.jpg

J1eYc.jpg

I have not heard this "condom broke" story anywhere, neither in the Swedish press or in the international. Is this some vast conspiracy that only a random Aussie newspaper have been able to uncover, or is the article talking shit?
So all this shit and it's just a tabloid rumor?
I said I could. But I only use thin condoms... you know... so I can actually get off. Just a fun fact about StarBob.
I honestly can barely feel anything with a condom on. I have only had an orgasm with a condom on like 2 times. I always have to pull it off at some point and we finish it off some other way.

Would anyone like to see my penis.

Damn

Half the time they broke they were the ones from the free health clinic. The other half of the time they were Trojans. I don't know why this is so unbelievable that a condom can break, when I've been hearing from friends about them breaking for as long as I've been having sex.

you should buy better condoms or check the expiry date

Because when they break they completely split open and it's like not wearing a condom.

never had this happen and I used condoms for years

I can't believe you would sit there and straight faced tell me you can't tell the difference between wearing a condom or not.

where does the condom all of the sudden go? <sitting here with straight look on face> never happened to me. it was always either at the tip or right along the band (99% of the time this was the case for me)

are you sure you're not wearing novelty exploding condoms because that's not normal. I mean look at the size of that shit:

S6304831.JPG

unless you're king kong chances are it's not gonna happen as you describe it

Like, **** this topic, this is far more important that you guys are liars. I do not like liars - not unless you have a damn good reason. Arguing on a forum about condoms is not one.

it goes both ways. I wasnt going to call you a big fat liar but .....

VirusType2 said:
Would anyone like to see my penis.

god I'd hate to live with you

cock+almighty.jpg

The time that I had a condom break it was a Trojan so I don't use those anymore. Durex is the way to go. Also, when it broke it split entirely like Virus mentioned. I'm not sure the point from where it happned but it wasn't a good sitution. It kind of ruined the whole moment.

Also, I almost always lose my boner with a condom on. It's like they were designed to **** me up. Whether it's that they cut off the blood or what I don't know.

When that condom split the first time it was like it was instantly AWESOME. The sudden feeling I had down there was the best. After that, my GF and I agreed that I wouldn't wear one anymore, but I agreed to pull out everytime.

I like to spaff on her tits.

Also, I almost always lose my boner with a condom on. It's like they were designed to **** me up. Whether it's that they cut off the blood or what I don't know.

When that condom split the first time it was like it was instantly AWESOME. The sudden feeling I had down there was the best. After that, my GF and I agreed that I wouldn't wear one anymore, but I agreed to pull out everytime.

I like to spaff on her tits.
I hope for your sake she's on the pill at the very least. Pulling out is no where near as effective as using a condom.

I hope for your sake she's on the pill at the very least. Pulling out is no where near as effective as using a condom.

Yeah, she's on the pill too, which is part of the reason we ditched the condoms. Forgot to mention that. We'll be ready for kids / marriage next year, so it would be no biggy anyway.

If she hadn't been on the pill, she'd be pregnant by now for sure after 7 years of relationship.

Anyway, back on topic;
I kinda agree with Virus, if the condom split and he just didn't tell her and carried on, then he's a bit of a douche TBH. Whether it's really fair to convict him of a crime that might put him on a sex offenders register for that I'm not sure.

To be honest, where does one draw the line? What happens if she asks him to jizz on her tits but he decides to do it on her face?
Virtually any act that detracts by the smallest detail from what the other party is expecting could be construed as rape.

She consented to protected sex, and he knew they weren't protected but carried on for his own pleasure.

Whether or not he noticed might be hard to prove though, given the conflicted opinions in here.

Personally I notice the difference A LOT. However, i'm sure that other men are different, and may not be as sensitive there.

Stop talking about your cocks with each other, faaaags.

I'm not quite sure this thread is about the Wikileaks founder anymore...

We were talking about Assange when suddenly we broke into another topic and it felt AMAZING.

For some. Others didn't feel much of a difference.

Thank you for posting this link, it illustrates my point very well. The headline of that article is "The Secret Life Of Julian Assange" and this is the picture they use:

t1larg.assange.shadow.afp.gi.jpg

Damn, what a scary dude. He must be some very evil person.

Funnily enough (Well not really), most of the smear/misdirect stories I've seen on Assange are done by Builderburg owned media.

These charges are so bogus. When they were first raised against Assange in August, the charges were dropped the same day because there was no evidence. There still is no evidence. It's kind of funny that Interpol issued an international arrest warrant the same day wikileaks announced they have documents on the banks. They obviously just want to shut him up.

I think the real deal is that everyone's going to be after this guy. It's one thing when he's releasing stuff that only has to do with America, but this is stuff relating to countries around the world. It's like walking in to a party and spilling everyone's beer at the same time. I still think they're going to try and find some crazy interpretation of a law and say he broke it just to put him on trial in the US if he gets off (hah) in Sweden.

Yeah that's pretty much he accepted logic as to why this case is being pushed through as fast as it can be. When Wikileaks initially released the Afghanistan war logs, Assange was charged with rape by the Swedish government within 24 hours. A day later the charge was withdrawn by a senior prosecutor who said they shouldn't have charged him so quickly because the case wasn't ready, but for some reason it was rushed through anyway.

U.S. and Australian law officials have already publicly admitted that they are looking into every conceivable law that Assange and Wikileaks may have broken in order to charge them with something. That pretty much says it all doesn't it. They've already made up their minds that they are going to charge him, they just don't know how... yet.

Also, Wikileaks wasn't founded with the purpose of destroying the U.S. so for some people to say that they happen to be releasing nothing but documents that damage the U.S. must mean they have a vendetta against them, is nonsense. They're simply leaking what was already leaked to them. The documents simply happen to originate entirely from the U.S.

Glenn Greenwald over at Salon.com has been doing a fantastic job covering Wikileaks and the response to the leaks. Everyone should have a read

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/06/wikileaks/index.html

He's been arrested in the UK now.

For the first time, the Swedish prosecutors have clarified what the "rape" consisted of:

* Used his body weight to hold down Miss A in a sexual manner.
* Had unprotected sex with Miss A when she had insisted on him using a condom.
* Molested Miss A "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity".
* Had unprotected sex with Miss W while she was asleep.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110

How do you have sex with people while they are asleep? This guy really is a supervillain.

I've had sex while asleep (with a person no less) ..woke up in the middle of it was glad I wasnt in the neighbour's bedroom

If the guy did that, then I hope he does get sentenced, but it all reeks. The judge denied bail to him for fear of him fleeing... after he turned himself in to the police when the warrant was issued. Serious? Also, what happened to the "condom broke" thing? Suddenly thats not the case anymore?

This is a great source of credible, up to the minute information: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/julian-assange

How do you have sex with people while they are asleep? This guy really is a supervillain.
It's usually done while the person is "passed out" (drunk; sleeping heavily) under the influence of drugs, especially alcohol. But, I know people that have been raped in their sleep as well. Regardless if they are under the influence or not, it tends to wake them up, and that's how they know they were raped. :p

If the guy did that, then I hope he does get sentenced, but it all reeks. The judge denied bail to him for fear of him fleeing... after he turned himself in to the police when the warrant was issued. Serious? Also, what happened to the "condom broke" thing? Suddenly thats not the case anymore?
The "condom broke" story was never official, it was just rumours.

What I'm wondering about is the second point: "Had unprotected sex with Miss A when she had insisted on him using a condom." Did she finally agree to do it without condom (hardly a crime), or did she think he had a condom when he didn't (seems unlikely)?

What I'm wondering about is the second point: "Had unprotected sex with Miss A when she had insisted on him using a condom." Did she finally agree to do it without condom (hardly a crime), or did she think he had a condom when he didn't (seems unlikely)?

There was an interesting article on The Daily Mail about this, which is rather odd really because they've been happy to portray Assange as a supervillain for the entire time, yet this article wasn't nearly as sensational or slanted as others about Wikileaks that they've done.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nges-2-night-stands-spark-worldwide-hunt.html

Apparently Assange bedded two women within three days (the cad) and after bedding the second woman, returned to the home of the first who had found out about the second, who then kicked him to the curb. The second woman then raised concerns about STD's because they both discovered they had had sex with Assange without protection at some stage, so they apparently sought counsel from police on the matter of determining whether or not Assange could be legally persuaded to take an STD test of some kind. When they reported to police some of the matters of their sexual encounters (condoms breaking, etc) it was apparently the police who decided that Assange had committed a felony and needed to be charged.

The police contacted the local duty prosecutor who then charged Assange with rape, the media got a hold of it and the local prosecutor was forced to give the case to a senior prosecutor because this was now international news. The senior prosecutor apparently dumped the case because it wasn't worth the time and effort to convict someone of rape, when the sex was consensual between all parties.

Then more leaks happened, a different senior prosecutor stepped in and now Assange has 4 different charges on him.

Apparently, between the time Assange apparently raped the first complainant, she then threw a party for him the next day and has since tried to delete all her twitter posts from her party about it claiming she was hanging out with the coolest people in the world. Throwing a party for a guy who raped you, the day after he raped you, seems pretty odd. It doesn't definitely prove anything one way or the other, but it does seem to err more in Assange's favour than hers. Then there is allegations she worked for a CIA-backed group in Cuba and she once posted a list of how to legally get back at unfaithful lovers and blah blah blah.

I don't know what to make of this. I do know that it seems dodgy they didn't release him on bail when he turned himself into police in the first place.

he's a flight risk. where he's going to run off to where he wont be recognized is a mystery to me but ya that's the justification for no bail

No one knows exactly what transpired I doubt you would be saying this is if one these chicks was your friend/sister.
****ing partisans.

No one knows exactly what transpired I doubt you would be saying this is if one these chicks was your friend/sister.
****ing partisans.

Ah, the family card. Yeah, almost everyone is more prone to believe bullshit when it's a close relative spewing it. Amirite?

As a man, I'm ****ing pissed off at how much damage two women screaming rape can do to a man's reputation when it's very clear that there was absolutely zero maliciousness involved on his part. How do you think REAL rape victims feel about this? This is making a mockery of their suffering.

this comradesean guy sure seems to know what happened

So paypal have caved into Anon, and is releasing Wikileaks funds.

Buaaahahahaha

Hey everybody. Let's all go buy the Wikileaks cables online, through Amazon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...shr&camp=3194&creative=21330&tag=matstmeuk-21

You can buy these cables from Amazon, but remember to use your Visa's and Mastercard's ok?

Thanks but I thought Amazon kicked Wikileaks off their servers?

That's right, 5000 cables for only 10 dollars!

Uhh... Well, I think these cables are important and I have decided to support Wikileaks for leaking them to the public, whom I believe has a right to know. But Visa and Mastercard won't let me donate to them! What do I do?

Oh ho ho, why donate to Wikileaks using your Visa or Mastercard credit cards when you can donate to the KKK instead with the same cards?

http://kkk.bz/main/?page_id=342

But I-

That's right! You can! Why bother donating to a whistle-blowing organization, when you can donate to people who have literally bragged about lynching blacks!

That isn't what I-

Oh no-o-o, don't thank me! Thank hypocrisy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-LGGRjWmU&feature=related

this comradesean guy sure seems to know what happened

Seriously? Look at the thread title and You think I'm the one jumping to conclusions? Let's run to the aide of the poor defenseless woman/women guys. It's obvious that they can't do ANYTHING wrong.

Besides, I'm commenting specifically on several quotes and interviews within that last article. But I guess journalism these days is only cool when it involves scandalous material, huh?

The number of reported rapes in Sweden is by far the highest in the European Union, according to the European Sourcebook of Crime and Criminal Justice Statistics, which cites 53 offenses per 100,000 inhabitants. Britain has the next highest rate, at 24 per 100,000.

Sometimes we lawyers joke that soon you have to have a written permission before you can have sex,” said Bengt Hesselberg, a defense lawyer with extensive experience in sexual cases. If Sweden’s current criminal code is not much stricter on sexual offenses than those of other European countries, the Swedish laws may be more nuanced, by differentiating among three categories of rape and, unusually, invoking the concept of “unlawful coercion.”
There is a category identified as “severe rape,” which involves a high degree of violence and which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison for the perpetrator; another known as “regular rape,” which may involve some violence and calls for a maximum sentence of six years; and a third called “less severe rape,” which may not involve violence but still includes the imposition of sexual intercourse on a person against her will.

The prosecutors seeking Mr. Assange’s extradition suspect that he may have engaged in this last category, which is punishable by as much as four years in prison.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/08/world/europe/08sweden.html?_r=1

One of the women accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of sex crimes appears to have worked with a group that has connections to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Catlin observed that both Ardin and Sofia Wilén, the second accuser, sent SMS messages and tweets boasting of their conquests following the alleged "rapes."

"In the case of Ardin it is clear that she has thrown a party in Assange's honour at her flat after the 'crime' and tweeted to her followers that she is with the 'the world’s coolest smartest people, it’s amazing!'" he wrote.

"The exact content of Wilén’s mobile phone texts is not yet known but their bragging and exculpatory character has been confirmed by Swedish prosecutors. Niether Wilén’s nor Ardin’s texts complain of rape," Catlin said.

Ardin has also published a seven step guide on how to get revenge on cheating boyfriends.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/assange-rape-accuser-cia-ties/

reporting of this case couldnt possibly be more polarized

Back