will there ever be another war fought on U.S. soil?

Jerry_111

Reaction score
Will there ever be a Battle of Los Angeles? Or the Siege of Seattle? (cookie to the one who gets the reference)

And if so, will it be in your lifetime? Or no?

I hope not~!

Without a doubt, there will be one at some point in time. My guess is that it will be a civil war. Hopefully we won't live to see it, though.

Will there ever be a Battle of Los Angeles? Or the Siege of Seattle? (cookie to the one who gets the reference)

I hope not~!

Yay for Children of Men! :D

As to the topic, not in my lifetime.

Most likely it would be another civil war, as it has proved difficult to invade America before, and Americas military can pnt all who come near them. But then superpowers change, one day america won't be top dog, and then theres a possibility. Proboaly in my lifetime (since I stop aging once I reach 25).

Highly unlikely, but if it does happen, I'd be happy to help. :p

Most likely to be a small scale Revolt... Started by another **** up on the scale of New Orleans...

And i'm placing my bet that it'll be there by the time i'm 90.

Like the attack on the World Trade Centers? Sure. Like D-Day on the California coast by a foreign standing army in an officially declared war? Nope.

If it happens it will make a hell of a video game.

I really cannot imagine a civil war starting again...Ill go out on a limb and say its near impossible, for the US anyway.

Think im wrong? What situations would have to occur for that to happen?

ALL WE NEED IS A SINGLE NUCLEAR BOMB ON A CITY..

no but seriously..i find it kind of inevitable, the way Russia and us are dividing again, the way middle eastern countries are breaking apart and all..

I hope not~!

Battle of Los Angeles- UFO gets shot with Flak without being destroyed. Happened a few days after Pearl Harbour. 2 Fatalities; 1 Heart attack and one severe injuries by shrapnel

Siege of Seattle- World in Conflict and/or Children of Men

Do I get my cookies now :E

Haven't there been two wars fought on U.S. soil?

Japanese invaded Alaska (not a state at the time) during WW2.

Due to our geographical area it's hard to do a invasion currently. That will change with technology tho (cloaking tech and what not).

Its not a simple question, the USA will attract plenty of enemies during its lifetime. The question is, does anyone dare attack a nuclear power?

I find a civil war within a few centuries highly likely though.

The problem is any outside invasion would have to have a first strike that completely eliminated the US' second strike capability. And thats virtually impossible. You'd have to destroy every ICBM either in the silos or in flight, shoot down or destroy every bomber in the air before they got into cruise missile range and most difficult of all, sink every ballistic missile submarine before they got into launch range (and if memory serves the range of the current systems is somewhere in the region of 4,000 miles).

I've no doubt that if any nation declared war on and attacked the united states there would be immediate nuclear retaliation which would be all but unstoppable.

Also, the geographic location of the US makes it a difficult place to invade because advanced warning of any invasion is almost inevitable and could be intecepted by the US' powerful navy or airforce and even if they do land, they have to deal with the Army.

Civil war, is in my opinion currently the only realistic option.

Knock out all the Military communication links and then the plan can go ahead :D

There is already a war going on in the US, it's an information war for your mind.

It doesn't matter anyway, because if the US is ever invaded it will never be as awesome as this.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM[/YOUTUBE]

C&C the movie...... I'd watch that. Nice trailer thingy. :p

I don't give a wooden nickel about your legacy!

ALL WE NEED IS A SINGLE NUCLEAR BOMB ON A CITY..

no but seriously..i find it kind of inevitable, the way Russia and us are dividing again, the way middle eastern countries are breaking apart and all..

The ME countries lack the economic, political or military power to do us any permanent harm.

Well the Nazis took the Channel islands.

They were only of propaganda value though.

No, because we're fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here.

I'm not surprised. From what I've seen over the years, the police support the government (and ultimately themselves as an organisation), not the people.

Yes, to get in Hitler's good books would be a rewarding prospect.

Were the officers in question punished after the war?

I don't know if war will ever take place on U.S. land, but I warn you people, the Muslims will take over America! They have already started it. There are Muslims schools now, and there are even some Muslims in the government! We must do something before our country is destroyed by them!

I don't know if war will ever take place on U.S. land, but I warn you people, the Muslims will take over America! They have already started it. There are Muslims schools now, and there are even some Muslims in the government! We must do something before our country is destroyed by them!

I cant tell if you are joking or not, and that scares me.

In all fairness, the chairman of the biggest Islamic "advocacy" group, the Council on American Islamic Relations has publically claimed that they are not here to make Islam equal, but to become dominant. I believe his name is Ibrahim Hooper.

I cant tell if you are joking or not, and that scares me.

I am completely serious about it. They are coming to America and taking over. They are trying to take Christianity out of America. And I am completely serious about this.

Back