WOW needs to ban people.

Should Blizzard put in a banning feature?

• Total voters

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
Today I set a new low standard for myself that I vow to do never again. I played World of Warcraft for 7-8 hours staight. :eek: I bought this game only this time only because they gave me a free month. Also there is'nt any good games out. I have never been addicted to a videogame this much. It's the Super Bowl weekend so I had this time to play this much. Still though I don't play 40 hours a week! Nor do I play wow for 24 hours straight for it's expansion pack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g We're talking about a father
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNfJKYoA8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZosQ6x80ng
who almost missed his son being born because of wow! I'm in college right now but I still do my homework and everything. I don't get addicted as much as those people. They also have people in China play forever to gain money in the game. As well as people dropping dead (literally) of exhaustion because of too much playing.

I also noticed a Sophmore in my High School and how he acted. He usually was tired looking but he was social. He missed going out with friends though because of wow sometimes. So my point of my thread is, should there be an in-game feature in wow that just bans you from the game like a safety feature? Like no more than 3 hours a day? If Blizzard really cares about their consumers they should really take action on this I say.

WoW does ban people, they've banned over 600,000 people at once for hacking.

I think addicteds is what blizzard want more

If blizzard implimented a 3-hour-a-day limit, a hell of a lot of people would be pissed.

I think they should have GM's monitor the time spent. IE, you play 6 hours a day, a notification is sent to a GM. If this repeats, they limit you dowm.

I think addicteds is what blizzard want more

They're not that that money hungry. Besides, they've been sued before on this, I think.

The first part of your post can be found here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119741

No, I don't believe WoW should ban people for playing their game. That's silly. It's up to the player to decide how much is enough, and if they become addicted that's on them. I think Guild Wars has a feature where if you play a certain amount of hours for a long period of time, it says something like: "You have been playing for # hours, please consider taking a break and coming back."

Guild Wars does that every hour... Gets annoying

Hehe. I guess they care about their players.

Joules right. It's up to the people who play it. If they wanna play all day. Let them. They paid to play it, so they should be allowed to.

so your saying blizzard should ban people that play their game too much? A.) They lose their 15 dollars a month. B.) What is this? Nazi Germany?
I don't advocate playing wow, or any game, for extended periods of time but your basically saying to cap people's game time?

While they are at it, colleges should cap their student's recreational internet time to 1hour a day, so they can study better, and disable all game ports too.

Wow doesn't need to ban people, people need to ban wow

EDIT: by this I dont mean that Wow should be banned, I mean people need to control their own play time.

If blizzard implimented a 3-hour-a-day limit, a hell of a lot of people would be pissed.

I think they should have GM's monitor the time spent. IE, you play 6 hours a day, a notification is sent to a GM. If this repeats, they limit you dowm.

They're not that that money hungry. Besides, they've been sued before on this, I think.

Sued?

"I'm taking you to court because I have no life!"

there's a parental control feature that only lets you play at certain times

Sued?

"I'm taking you to court because I have no life!"

No, like...for the people who died, or something.

I'm just assuming someone sued them for that, really. I have no idea if they did or not.

Some one did die, didn't they?

I'd lol if fat people sued grocery stores for not limiting the amount of food they can buy at one time.

I'd lol if fat people sued grocery stores for not limiting the amount of food they can buy at one time.

My choice, to buy this food? The sheer ignorance of allowing me to buy more than 10 items has seduced me into thinking it was alright to eat so much! And now it is your fault I'm morbidly obese!

Personally I think they should just destroy the game period. WoW is the most pointless, time consuming waste of life that I can think of. The game is so long and drawn out and everything is the same. Go here collect me ten apples. Go here and retrieve 25 goblin heads and etc. Plus it pisses me off because you have no real objective or goal. All you can do is level up your character and be everyone's bitch. If all those quests were so god damn important why wouldn't they just do it thenselves.
My brother plays that game all the time as well as one of my best friends and I've lost both of them to it. It'll be a friday night and I'll phone up Kyle and be like: let's go partying! and he'll always have some excuse so he can stay home and game. It's sad and frusterating at the same time. I don't understand how anyone could get addicted to this game or even play it for more than five minutes. Personally I can't stand gaming or sitting down for anymore than a couple of hours. But I guess I'm just not that extreme.

with 3 hours a day u might as well quit playing because u will get NOWHERE in the game

No. How much time I spend at my computer is my business and only my own. If it starts to interfere with my personal life, it's my own fault and it's MY responsibility to fix it, not the people who make the game. This follows the same trend of limiting video games for people's "safety", it needs to go. Take ****ing responsibility for your own actions or GTFO.

Edit - I would however, advocate a third-party program to limit game time. Just for parents or people who want to cut down themselves.

No. people can stop playing when they want too. i don't play WoW. i don't like its point and click interface. :|

Why ban just WoW? People can get addicted to any game, maybe you should put limits on all games then? It's up the person on how long they want to play, not the company.

*To first video

That Brit's lame for talking into his mic like that.

WEAR IT!!

I don't play wow and even i know that they ban people.

WTF are you talking about TwwIX? Don't respond to a thread if you don't know what it's about.

I don't play wow and even i know that they ban people.
I lol'd.

But seriously, a feature like this kind of works against the game, and also personal freedom. If someone is going to play a computer game so intensely that they die, that's their choice. Or maybe they have a mind susceptible to addiction. Either way, that's no reason to impose such a system on more moderate players.

WoW is designed (in many ways) to consume as much time as possible. A system that restricts the ammount people play would be conterproductive to their first goal (and their proffits).

so your saying blizzard should ban people that play their game too much? A.) They lose their 15 dollars a month. B.) What is this? Nazi Germany?
I don't advocate playing wow, or any game, for extended periods of time but your basically saying to cap people's game time?

While they are at it, colleges should cap their student's recreational internet time to 1hour a day, so they can study better, and disable all game ports too.

Pauly I wish you would post more often :)

<3

No, I don't believe WoW should ban people for playing their game. That's silly. It's up to the player to decide how much is enough, and if they become addicted that's on them.

'Nuff said. Not only is it absurd to think that Blizzard would limit their cashflow in such a manner, but it's just wrong to think that the responsibility of addiction is on anybody else except the player.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g

This interview is brilliant. You can see the guy visibly smirking when they destroy the CDs. This is because he knows full well that you don't need them to play. Go him.

This poll doesn't make much sense since they do ban people. Just not for playing too much.

Personally I think they should just destroy the game period. WoW is the most pointless, time consuming waste of life that I can think of. The game is so long and drawn out and everything is the same. Go here collect me ten apples. Go here and retrieve 25 goblin heads and etc. Plus it pisses me off because you have no real objective or goal. All you can do is level up your character and be everyone's bitch. If all those quests were so god damn important why wouldn't they just do it thenselves.

Your opinion on the game itself is highly irrelevant.

LOL Ban people from playing too much? They WANT people to play more!

Today I set a new low standard for myself that I vow to do never again. I played World of Warcraft for 7-8 hours staight. :eek: I bought this game only this time only because they gave me a free month. Also there is'nt any good games out. I have never been addicted to a videogame this much. It's the Super Bowl weekend so I had this time to play this much. Still though I don't play 40 hours a week! Nor do I play wow for 24 hours straight for it's expansion pack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g We're talking about a father
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNfJKYoA8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZosQ6x80ng
who almost missed his son being born because of wow! I'm in college right now but I still do my homework and everything. I don't get addicted as much as those people. They also have people in China play forever to gain money in the game. As well as people dropping dead (literally) of exhaustion because of too much playing.

I also noticed a Sophmore in my High School and how he acted. He usually was tired looking but he was social. He missed going out with friends though because of wow sometimes. So my point of my thread is, should there be an in-game feature in wow that just bans you from the game like a safety feature? Like no more than 3 hours a day? If Blizzard really cares about their consumers they should really take action on this I say.

It may seem retarted to us but if they chose to play WoW over those things there not really wasteing there life because it's what they'd rather do because they enjoy it more. Still, there quite ****ed in the head.

Can you lock yourself out from the game?

They need a feature like that.

LOL Ban people from playing too much? They WANT people to play more!

Haha you'd think so. From a money perspective they want people to play as little as possible but keep paying their monthly fee.

1. Less bandwidth used.
2. Same amounts of money acquired per month.
3. Profit.

Glad I'm one of the people that think WOW sucks arse and either don't play MMOS or only play good ones. Something about level grinding just doesn't seem fun, period.

Yeah but all these people don't know when to stop. Seriously when I made this thread, I felt like shit. Good thing they have a time limiting thing already in it though. *Oh and Dreadlord has played some game for 71 hours this week according to xfire. :|

So glad I never got round to trying out WoW. Seems like one big time and money sink hole to me, but if you can afford to waste both then the world is your oyster!

Some people seem to think that if these adicts played less (only an hour a day or something) then Blizzard would lose money. They'ed make more money because the monthly fee is the same and they'd have to pay for less bandwidth.

Instances would become pointless if that were the case.

My raiding community could finish Blackwing Lair from 8pm (including getting everyone in and sorting groups) to about 12-12:30 depending on how many times we wiped on Nefarian stage 1 (not often, but it happens). Thats what...4-4.5 hours??

But i do agree, some people just play from 9am to 12am almost everyday if they could. Something needs to be done, but when money-making is involved, its unlikely theyll STOP people playing. I mean, its a business and we're using the product. Some just choose to use it more than others...but its addictions like WoW that have an affect on society.

Back