Your 10s!

I'm not much of a fantasy fan when it comes to literature and my to-read list is crowded with sci-fi and cyberpunk classics such as the six Dune novels by Frank Herbert, the Sprawl trilogy by William Gibson, Asimov's Foundation series and much much more.

And my ADHD(assuming I continue to be denied meds due to my heart condition) will mean I'm lucky if I get through them in the coming decades.:p
Ah, fair enough. I totally understand as my to-read list is LONG and crowded as well. (Not to mention my to-game list.) Maybe at least try to see the movies because they are awesome and a lot less time-consuming. :)

Ah, fair enough. I totally understand as my to-read list is LONG and crowded as well. (Not to mention my to-game list.) Maybe at least try to see the movies because they are awesome and a lot less time-consuming. :)

Yeah but movies is the same way, since I got taken off my meds I lose focus really fast, movies even more so because they require no continual input from me in the way games do.:[

My current top-priority film-wise is Blade Runner.

Yeah but movies is the same way, since I got taken off my meds I lose focus really fast, movies even more so because they require no continual input from me in the way games do.:[

My current top-priority film-wise is Blade Runner.
Hmm, that makes it more difficult because those are some long-ass movies too. :E And good luck with Blade Runner. I love it and even I feel mighty sleepy really quickly every time I watch it. Weird that. Now Blade Runner the adventure game--that is a different story. One of the best adventure games ever. :thumbs:

Hmm, that makes it more difficult because those are some long-ass movies too. :E And good luck with Blade Runner. I love it and even I feel mighty sleepy really quickly every time I watch it. Weird that. Now Blade Runner the adventure game--that is a different story. One of the best adventure games ever. :thumbs:
I have it downloaded, the game that is, but don't wanna play it first and spoil the film.;)

I have heard amazing things about it, it sounds like it was very ahead of its time.

I have it downloaded, the game that is, but don't wanna play it first and spoil the film.;)

I have heard amazing things about it, it sounds like it was very ahead of its time.
It was way ahead of its time and still looks and plays beautifully. It stands the test of time very well. And I would say just play it because it won't spoil the movie for you. The setting is in the same world, but the plot is different and awesome despite the fact that your character is another Blade Runner. Enjoy!

Errr...10? I don't give 10s. Hell I don't give ratings anymore.

But those that are close:

Half-Life Series (excluding expansion packs)
GTA: Vice City
GTA IV
Mass Effect 2
Portal
F.E.A.R 1 (yes, the environments are rather sterile but I quite think it has a most tantalizing atmosphere).

Half-life 2
The Longest Journey
Beyond Good and Evil
Deus Ex
Team Fortress 2
Crash Team Racing
System Shock 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Star Wars: Dark Forces 2
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Timesplitters 2

Oh, I also forgot Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Stealth action has never been done better IMO.

I prefer the first game. That's not because it has superior stealth gameplay (it hasn't), but because I find it to be a genuinely more engaging game. Oh. I actually like Pandora Tomorrow, too, perhaps even moreso than Chaos Theory. I think the second installment is treat a little too harshly.

I like all the splinter cells alot; the only one i didnt particularly like was double agent (360 version)

I like all the splinter cells alot; the only one i didnt particularly like was double agent (360 version)

Yeah, I always thought it was strange that Ubi used an inferior version to push as their next gen title when the old-gen version was 10 times better.

I prefer the first game. That's not because it has superior stealth gameplay (it hasn't), but because I find it to be a genuinely more engaging game. Oh. I actually like Pandora Tomorrow, too, perhaps even moreso than Chaos Theory. I think the second installment is treat a little too harshly.
I was actually waffling between the first and third. I think I came to a similar conclusion - in a purely intellectual sense, I like the original the best, but Chaos Theory is too fluid and freeform for me not to prefer it.

I actually enjoyed Pandora Tomorrow a fair amount, too.

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Portal
Metal Gear Solid
Tron 2.0
WipEout Pulse
Flashback: The Quest for Identity
Arctic Adventure
Team Fortress 2

HL2
Splinter Cell (original, and no others)
COD4
GTA Vice City
Portal
TF2

HL
HL: OpFor
CS
TF2
Doom 2
Warcraft 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Age of Empires 2
Civilization 3
Empire Earth
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Bros
Mario 64
GTA2

The majority of my childhood was wasted on these games. :D

I liked Double Agent a ton, the PROPER Double Agent for the XB1 and PS2, made by Ubi Montreal(The original devs) rather than the PS3/360/PC version made by Ubi Shanghai.

Back