Your favorite game developer?

God you guys all have awful taste, how come I am the only one that has mentioned MicroProse!?

Did NO-ONE here love X-COM, Grand Prix etc?:(

SNK (Metal Slug is awesome)
Capcom (Resident Evil series)
Gearbox/Valve (HL series)
Naughty Dog (Jak & Daxter series)
Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank series)
RockStar (GTA series)

Seriously though, I really don't have any favorites other than whoever happens to be making great games atm. These are the only developers I really care about.

You know, coming back to read this thread, I had to double check to see if I had said "developers" instead of "developer". Alas, many of you need a lesson in reading comprehension. ;)

You know, coming back to read this thread, I had to double check to see if I had said "developers" instead of "developer". Alas, many of you need a lesson in reading comprehension. ;)
Oh I noticed, I just ignored it.

In that case, then nobody. Fanboyism is bad for business.

I stick with whoever is making great games atm.

TBH, I don't really even have a favorite game series.

If it's fun and interesting (the definition of "fun and interesting" varies from gamer to gamer), then I like it.

Valve - For pushing the industry forward in every way possible and the games
ID - For pushing tech and great games
Crytek - For pushing tech, in ways other developers wont dare
Ion Storm - For making my favorite game of all time Deus Ex

We including developers who are out of business? If yes, then probably my top 5 would be

1: Valve
2: Ion Storm
3: Troika
4: Bethesda (yeah thats right I said it)
5: IO Interactive

I changed my mind about earlier.

My favorite developer is FSQS. The original developer of the original Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. I love that game and still often re-play it today via emulator.

I still have the original game cartridge and Genesis, but no RF cable. My sister's f**king chihuahua chewed up the cord years ago. I hated the goddamn thing ever since. :frown:

Raven
Valve
Epic
Blizzard
Id
Squaresoft
Bioware
Obsidian
Double Fine
Naughty Dog
Insomniac
Gearbox
Shiny (R.I.P)
Westwood (R.I.P)
Black Isle (R.I.P)
Remedy
Monolith
Infinity Ward
Cyan (Myst era)
Clover
Lucasarts (adventure game days)
Team ICO
Lionhead
Rare (oldschool rare)
MC2-Microids
Nintendo EAD (Ocarina, TP, Double Dash, Wind Waker, etc etc)
Smilebit (Sega RND) -- Jet Grind Radio!!!oneone
Red Storm (back in the Ghost Recon / Rogue Spear / Ravensheild days)

And oh so many more.. lots are dead now, though.

Raven
Valve
Epic
Blizzard
Id
Squaresoft
Bioware
Double Fine
Naughty Dog
Insomniac
Gearbox
Shiny (R.I.P)
Westwood (R.I.P)
Black Isle (R.I.P)
Remedy
Monolith
Infinity Ward
Cyan (Myst era)
Clover
Lucasarts (adventure game days)
Team ICO
Lionhead
Rare (oldschool rare)
MC2-Microids
Nintendo EAD (Ocarina, TP, Double Dash, Wind Waker, etc etc)
Smilebit (Sega RND) -- Jet Grind Radio!!!oneone
Red Storm (back in the Ghost Recon / Rogue Spear / Ravensheild days)

And oh so many more.. lots are dead now, though.
I assume when you say "squaresoft" you mean oldschool squaresoft right?

I would have said Ion Storm as well for Deus Ex, but to be honest they seemed to mess up every other game. Especially at the Dallas office. However, it was a shame when they closed down.

You all suck and I'm gonna keep on claiming you do until atleast one of you bastards name MicroProse as one of your fav devs, everyone know that MicroProse and SSI were one of the most important devs in the early 90s, being behind many of the best-selling games.

You all suck and I'm gonna keep on claiming you do until atleast one of you bastards name MicroProse as one of your fav devs, everyone know that MicroProse and SSI were one of the most important devs in the early 90s, being behind many of the best-selling games.
I didn't game in the early '90s.

To be fair several of us said Firaxis, the successor to Microprose founded by Sid etc. at the end of that period.

8-bit generation: Infocom
80's/90's: LucasArts, Origin, Westwood, Ion Storm/Looking Glass
Nowadays: Valve, Bioware, Relic

Valve
SCE Studio Liverpool
Kojima Productions
Introversion Software

In 90's:

Westwood
Apogee
Psygnosis

Dynamix(Starsiege Tribes and Tribes 2), Epic Games, Nintendo and Valve.

Back