Your favorite WWII shooter?

Since when are ragdoll deaths realistic? They've only just started getting close with euphoria.

Ragdols alone are not realistic.. much. Only when combined with animations they start resembling actual body language upon death. It usually helps to get the most out of the experience.

In terms of multiplayer, the first few beta's of Day of Defeat, Battlefield 1942 and Enemy Territory.
I have played most of the Medal of Honor titles and CoD too but i never bothered with their multiplayer components. The original Medal of Honor game that came out for the PS One was pretty good. I remember enjoying the soundtrack. It was developed by Dreamworks, i believe.

Yeah, DoD 1.3 is easily the best WWII multiplayer game in my opinion. But I don't consider multiplayer games to be WWII games, since WWII is only a setting for them, and they're not at all about WWII. So H&D2 is still winner for best WWII shooter. Best WWII game in general though, goes to Company of Heroes. **** yeah that game and all its addons were amazing.

Best WWII game in general though, goes to Company of Heroes. **** yeah that game and all its addons were amazing.

This. This game absolutely blew me away when it first came out, and still does today.

I'd have to say that the first Call of Duty was the WW2 shooter that wowed me the most. It completely destroyed MOH Allied Assault and I never went through it again. I'm sorry, but Allied Assault was just too repetitive and tedious. A pity that the COD sequels lost the magic of the first one. Call of Duty 2 was good, but not as good as I had hoped. Other than North Africa it didn't take us to any new theater and it lost most of it's grim feel from the first game (especially the Soviet Missions). The awkward hot detection would make combat feel a bit frustrating at times. And it gets real annoying to hear soldiers scream out taunts at each other every minute. At least in World at War they got rid of the silly taunts, gave us a pacific theater, and returned the grim theme of war back. For me, it was the most enjoyable WW2 game since the first COD game and I'd have to put it as #2 on my list of most enjoyed WW2 games.

Call of Duty: World at War.

So what you like about Call of Duty, but this was a solid shooter that I enjoyed immensely.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

And hopefully in the future, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad instead.

Oh this - despite it sometimes feeling a bit clunky, RO is one of the most tense games when it comes to firefights. Add into that a variety of authentic war time weapons & vehicles, maps ranging from the dinky to the mahoosive and the top quality mods for when you feel like shooting something other than nazis and communists the whole time.

Fun game when you can actually see your enemies.
Nevermind that I have an insanely hard time hitting anyone with their iron sights system.

Lucid, I'm sorry you have a hard time enjyoing Red Orchestra, personally I think it's an absolutely fantastic game once you get into it, but it is certainly more sim-oriented(and hence more difficult) than any of the other WW2 shooters out there.

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory was the single greatest [strike]WW2 shooter[/strike] game I've ever played. It's shame you can't find a un-modded XPsave server anymore that isn't filled with bots. :(.

ET, easily.

Doesn't have a singleplayer but I raped the hell out of this game for a couple of years but haven't been on in a while.

MOH:AA
Battlefield 1942
Hidden and Dangerous Series

The best single-player experience for ww2 to me was Hidden and Dangerous 1 and 2. Once you overlook the bugs, it's one of the most atmospheric world war 2 games out there in my opinion.

Dice should make another ww2 game like BF1942...

Red Orchestra!!

On a side note cant wait for the new one coming out!! O and DoD is a close 2nd!

Medal of Honor Allied Assault and the Spearhead expansion. I still play it.

I came to say that I didn't have a favorite as I don't like WWII games, but then I saw BF1942 and remembered the awesome times in MP with that game.

Back