Your Favourite Strategy Games?

I was going to get it recently, but I'm going to leave Company of Heroes until I get Vista and DX10. Apparently they are working on a future patch which will enable DX10 implementation.

Hearts of Iron
Starcraft
Emperor : Battle for Dune
Warcraft 3
Total War series

Fairly hooked on Company of Heroes at the moment, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to play strategy games. You gotta like... think, and stuff.

Personally, I can't wait for Blizzard's upcoming cook-off simulator, starring dozens of realistically modelled celebrity chefs, incorporating an expansive list of ingredients and a custom sauce system, and even real-time simmering - Stircraft!

Perfect for the Wii-mote!

Waiting for a Sim City 5 that can interface with The Sims 2 as well as use resources more efficiently that 4. > >

Still a great series of games though

Red Alert series
Starcraft
Warcraft series
Sim City to a small extent
Black and White?

Total Annihilation
Age Of Empires 3

Soon it will be SUPREME COMMANDER

SUPREME COMMANDER will kick the s*it out of all other RTSs

From 1 being the best:

1.Company of Heroes
2.All of the Total War games
3.Dawn of War/Winter Assault
4.Rise of Nations
5.Commandos 2 (first strategy I played, a pure classic)
6.Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Generals

:'(

so many C&C fans...so few who post at cncnation

:'(

Got Defcon, Uplink and Darwinia last night from Introversion :D

Total Annihilation
Age Of Empires 3

Soon it will be SUPREME COMMANDER

SUPREME COMMANDER will kick the s*it out of all other RTSs

Personally I'm not all that excited about SUPREME COMMANDER tbh

Yeah, personally I'm looking forward more to that same team's school sports day judging simulator, Supreme Commender.

Rome : Total War is probably the RTS I've enjoyed the most. The Medieval 2 demo I "aquired" ain't half bad either. ;)

Besides that I'd have to go with the C&C Series, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun etc. Company of Heroes seemed decent enough, only I was shite at it. :(

C&C: Red Alert

Followed by (in no particular order)
The rest of C&C (minus generals)
DoW
StarCraft
Ground Control (I'm still yet to play 2)
CoH

C&C Red Alert
Rome Total War
Dawn of War
Civilisation 4

and dun dun dun DEFCON... I'm really loving defcon atm, such a fun addictive little game! (Shame its so depressing GUI wise lol)

Ah, to add one to my list...

Age of Empires series, I love the time periods.

Personally I'm not all that excited about SUPREME COMMANDER tbh
Why aren't you excited about SUPREME COMMANDER? You really should be looking forward to playing SUPREME COMMANDER. SUPREME COMMANDER looks like a very promessing game which is why I think you should get SUPREME COMMANDER.

Not in order:

Dungeon keeper 1 (not 2)
Red Alert 1 and 2
Tiberian Sun
Heroes of might and magic 3 and 5 (turn based RTS)
Homeworld 1 and 2 (tho they are not really favorites, i like them)

thats all i can think of for now

SUPREME COMMANDER

Total Annihilation was genius.

SUPREME COMMANDER will be some kind of spectacular-acrobat-artillery-piece-genius.

My current favourite is the 3d ta SPRING project:
http://www.ta-spring.com

It has a fairly large community playing it now, so I urge you to play it as a stop-gap till SUPREME COMMANDER.

Dungeon keepers were also good.

Dungeon Keeper was great, I think I still have it somewhere ^_^

Homeworld is genuinely the only Strategy game that will grip me time and time again. It's brilliant. I love how you can exceed the intended population limits by capturing enemy vessels. The third from last mission allowed you to grab your own fleet of about 100 Ion Cannon frigates :) Catacylsm had its moments too. Homeworld 2 is best left forgotten.

Aside from that, Strategy isn't actually my cup of tea. I suppose Darwinia counts. I like that. Oh, and I used to play split screen Settlers with a friend on his Amiga once. Good times :) (like the second game too, but the series' flaws are pretty massive. Slow, Slow, Slow!)

Holly shit, snap! That saved me some typing. :thumbs:

What is this SUPREME COMMANDER that everyone is going on about? Sorry - I'm a bit out of the loop...

Also, what's the new game being developed by the same guy that did Total Annihilation?

-Again, out of the loop (not like anyone missed me D: :( )

That IS SUPREME COMMANDER, and the "same guy" name is Chris Taylor.:p Foo'!;)
Chris Taylor actually also produced Dungeon Siege 1(Not sure if he took part in 2) :O

What is this SUPREME COMMANDER that everyone is going on about? Sorry - I'm a bit out of the loop...

Also, what's the new game being developed by the same guy that did Total Annihilation?

You just answered your own question. :LOL:

As above, Chris taylor is your man.

Some UTTER BASTARDS wouldnt give chris the rights to his own damn game, as the TA license was sold off when Cavedog folded. Atari has it now, methinks.

So he made SUPREME COMMANDER instead, a Spiritual Successor to TA.

Thank you all for your help and unending sarcasm!!!

Loved Total Annihilation and some of the concepts it introduced!!! It was great being able to set priorities of units so that they would attack anything in sight, attack back or just leave everything alone! It was also brilliant that they kept releasing stuff like units and maps.

Computer AI was great at times in Skirmish modes - big fan of that...

Damn, now I'm excited about SUPREME COMMANDER!!!

Computer AI was great at times in Skirmish modes - big fan of that...

TA AI was never really that much of a challenge to me. Or was it just mine that built everthing everywhere, and followed the Funghi school of base layout/construction? (I never did download a 3rd party AI)

Did make nukes and bertha's more effective though.

Back