Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Ordered Freelancer from Amazon for 5 bucks, really hoping the hype is true.

Bought Outcast from GOG.com. Great game, great investment.

Ordered Freelancer from Amazon for 5 bucks, really hoping the hype is true.
Freelancer is awesome! There is still quite the active mod community with mp servers to play on too if you like to fly with real people.

660252gamecubeuslarge.jpg
Oh hell yes.

Bought Marvel vs. Capcom 3 yesterday. Best purchase I've made besides Dead Space 2.

Freelancer is awesome! There is still quite the active mod community with mp servers to play on too if you like to fly with real people.

Part of the reason I bought it was for the Crossfire mod and the Discovery Mod, have you tried either? Also, from reading there is actually a lot of roleplay in the discovery MP mod? What exactly is the MP like?

I haven't tried either of those, but I think I will as they both look quite interesting. Lately I have been using the Flak88 mod, which balances out all the vanilla ships and adds things like destroyable space stations, flying all the ships in the game and improved visuals.

The mp is kinda like Oblivion in space with no main story line. You can do little bounty missions, go pirate other ships, be a trader, etc. Pretty much do anything you want, but with other people out there doing the same thing as you. Some mp mods do add more depth and more things to do as well.

Would you recommend playing vanilla first? Are there mods just to improve the graphics?

I would highly suggest that you start a new sp game and play along the story line for the first 7-10 levels. That will get you used to flying, combat, system travel, and things like that. Once you're used to how the game plays it will be easy to just into new mods.
Vanilla isn't that great, especially when you're in multiplayer. This is because the universe is the same one as in the sp so you have to get a lot of money and travel very far to get the really good ships. A good mp mod will have a wide and varied ship selection so you will be able to get powerful ships with any faction in the universe.

There are mods that just improve the graphics but I don't remember any other than real space light(or something like that) which improves the lighting in space. It feels quite cold and lonely when the only light comes from the star.(no ambient lighting)

Oh, and for kicks when you start a new game just ignore everything and fly into the big purple nebula and don't use your nav or anything.

Vanilla isn't that great, especially when you're in multiplayer. This is because the universe is the same one as in the sp so you have to get a lot of money and travel very far to get the really good ships. A good mp mod will have a wide and varied ship selection so you will be able to get powerful ships with any faction in the universe.

So MP isn't simply a deathmatch map with space ships, right? You can still do jobs and such? Is there still AI in MP?

Yep. You can still do the small missions and trading. MP is pretty much the same thing as the SP(vanilla ofc) but with other people as well. So there are still lots of AI ships and everything.

UK Users: Dead Space 2 PC is £13.99 on Amazon UK. I have just grabbed it.

Console versions pretty cheap. And by 'pretty cheap' I mean 'pretty much double the price still'.

Next person who claims PC gaming is expensive gets a kick to the balls. If their cells just don't just say '**** it' and disintegrate out of shame.

Im surprised how quick Dead Space 2's prices have dropped. Usually any game with an MP element stays at a higher price for longer. Maybe it's because Dead Space 2's MP is pretty crap though...seeing as it's kind of like L4D without the cannon-fodder mobs, so why not just keep playing L4D instead?

Awesome game though, still prefered the first. First was much scarier. But this one is harder on the higher difficulty levels. Especially the last level...dear god, barely made it through on normal.

Anywho.

Bad Company 2 : Vietnam

Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Vietnam.jpg

Really, really loving it. Feels like a new game somehow. And that, for me, is quite rare for a game expansion. And I love the way that your stats from Bad Company 2 are carried over back and forth. So you still keep your platinums on RPGs, knives and grenades, but start from scratch on all the new weapons, making ranking quicker at those higher levels.

No more scopes on assault rifles. If you dont like iron sights and ***king cowardly, hiding snipers *snaps pencil in rage*, then dont bother getting it.

It's easily the best depiction of 'Nam released so far. The vegetation is dense enough to hide in and make ambushes, yet open enough to actually fight in. The 5 new maps feel smaller, yet varied enough to keep you going forward, but I guess that's due to the lack of open plains you got in BC2. Ride of the Valkyries plays when you get in a Huey, 'Nam era music blasts out when you get in a tank (though if I hear Fortunate Son one more time I may go mad)...which also gives your position away to us lovely engineers...the whole package just feels really complete.

Ordered Japanese parts for my joystick finally!

Madcatz Fightstick Arcade Edition gutted:
TWR_1339.jpg

TWR_1340.jpg

Old parts:
TWR_1337.jpg

New parts:
TWR_1341.jpg

New parts in:
TWR_1344.jpg

All finished:
TWR_1345.jpg

270581b1.jpg

and

800633b.jpg

Can't play till at least Sunday when I move to another apt unfortunately. :( Can't wait for SOCOM 4!

They're not shitty, essentially. The stock buttons are mushy, unreliable and give out really quickly. The old light punch button straight up doesn't work anymore. The buttons and joystick (Sanwa) I ordered are parts that are used in legit arcade cabinets. My game has stepped up significantly.

I pre-ordered Portal. Bought a two-pack together with Hazar. Thanks again dude; that saved me a lot of money.

Five dollars?

Meh, I was expecting more. Kind of disappointed.

Europeans like me and Shaker save a lot by having fair euro/dollar conversions(Steam prices games as if 1 dollar = 1 euro).
40 dollars a person = 29 euro opposed to 45 euro for a single copy.

Talking about this, would anyone like to buy a 2-pack with me? EDIT: already done, thanks Sliver!

Europeans like me and Shaker save a lot by having fair euro/dollar conversions(Steam prices games as if 1 dollar = 1 euro).
40 dollars a person = 29 euro opposed to 45 euro for a single copy.

Exactly. 45 in stead of 40 euro is meh indeed, but this amounted to a 15 euro discount.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity.

Came with no CD key. Still waiting to hear back from support :| Apparently (just from googling) this is a common problem.

The Shadow Broker and Overlord DLC for Mass Effect 2. This game's been taking way too long for me to finish, and all the DLC that's coming out as I play it on and off isn't helping. :p

Oh yeah, I got those too. Gotta get around to Shadow Broker one of these days.

e0e45448fbf737f74d3bdbb.jpg

I just bought and finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Good God, it is amazing! The visuals, sounds, the story build a near perfect atmosphere that is both frightening and beautiful (see pic). Add the helplessness and the "dark descent" (ahhhhhhh I get it) as we uncover more of the dark past as we ourselves travel deeper in Castle Brunnenburg.

I love this game. Its not perfect (near the end It was not quite so frightening, but still very haunting, and darkly fascinating) but this makes my top ten.

Decided to use my Bioware points left over from my last purchases and got the Firepower Pack. It was the only one of the minor 160 point DLCs that really interested me.

I just bought and finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Good God, it is amazing! The visuals, sounds, the story build a near perfect atmosphere that is both frightening and beautiful (see pic). Add the helplessness and the "dark descent" (ahhhhhhh I get it) as we uncover more of the dark past as we ourselves travel deeper in Castle Brunnenburg.

That game deserved a major publisher and a higher budget. It's "survival horror" done the right way. Much better than Alan Wake, Dead Space, Silent Hill, Fear and others, by a frightening point of view.

I just got this on the PSN after they FINALLY decided to release it over here:

dIA_klzqcUXtCMyTjNPPcJJNttxfh-eTtHwxKr_JrLm5DV3vuEe7DtmMWUjDG1dOGs_K1bAbtoeDxNNp2AB-KLnvjvvsKigGYmadSoZ7DTcVxVhO-jAzM9quJnGzXrj3tepnzUREyUEy7LYTwHZueCp65GJ58eD7K2orRpUZawGI6g

Also got this but have been finishing inFamous before starting:

Killzone_3.jpg

Personally decided not to bother with KZ3 and instead used the time I would have spent playing it in MP to finally play through Fallout: New Vegas on my 360, which I absolutely loved.

Besides, I had gotten kinda bored of KZ3 after playing the MP demo for over 20 hours total prior to the full release.

Anyway, my latest purchase was the Undead DLC for RDR which I am currently playing through.

After that I am planning on buying Victoria 2 over Gamer's Gate so I can do a marathon playthrough of a bunch of Paradox titles.

Back